October 23, 2014 | 1925 users online

Bronzers - Chanel - Bronze Universel De Chanel Sun Illuminator

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 12/12/2010 9:15:00 PM More reviews by Kdoll222

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I have been using this for a little over a month so I could get a fair evaluation on it. I really wanted a cream bronzer, as my skin seems to prefer creams, and sometimes break's out to powders. The first day the lady at Chanel put it on me it pulled Orange, and I could not see much of it. Then as I started to put it on myself I was able to get a more natural application but it was so sheer, and light that I wasnt sure it was making a difference. I bought the Sephora Mineral Brush #45(26 dollars) to apply this as it is dense, and buffs. It helped me see a difference in the application, but I found the product alone on my nc 25 skin doesnt make a huge difference.
It feels luxurious, because it is Chanel, and the tub is beautiful to display on the countertop but I found its best use is truly as the box reads..a makeup base. Underneath your regular bronzer this makes them show up more and you get an even more bronzed appearance.
However I feel 48 dollars is too much for this addition, and you could use a self tanner, or even the Bonne Bell Gel tan for 3 dollars for a similar effect.
I really wanted to love this, as it is one of the my first higher end makeup products, as I have recently strayed from MAC but I think I will keep using it to see if I feel anymore difference.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 11/27/2010 4:34:00 AM More reviews by katloummm

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I absolutely love this product.

I got it from Debenhams for around 30. It comes in like a mousse form which is new to me as I'm used to using powders like NARS Laguna. When I first started using it, it was coming out a little too dark for my liking, but I soon got the hang of using it properly.

I love to use the MAC 168 and just swirl it around in the jar really softly. Then I dab a bit on my hand to get rid of any excess and then pop it on my cheeks using a swirling motion, and then sometimes on my forehead/nose if I want that effect.

It lasts forever. I've had mine for about 6mths and still loads left.

8 out of 9 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/27/2010 3:13:00 AM More reviews by sgr2008

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I have 3 favorites bronzers and this one is part of them. (others are Dior Bronze Collagen Activ Bronzer and Nars Laguna).
I am NC25, but getting more fair in the winter days (or months arghh).
I like to take my time to apply it, that is the only reason why I am not wearing it more often. It's not because it is difficult, but it's better to be careful when applying or at least have a nice lighting to see the results building up.
I use Mac brush 187, works very well with this. I have the blush for 8 months now and does not go down !
Bulky for traveling but at least you can put it in your luggage and it won't break or spill !
Also beautiful item to leave on your makeup "desk" !

rated 5 of 5 on 11/27/2010 12:53:00 AM More reviews by missghie

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

This is the ONLY bronzer I've used that I ever cared for at all. Actually, I LOVE this bronzer. Before it, I never wore bronzer because the ones I tried were too heavy, orange, streaky, dirty, unnatural looking, etc. But Chanel's is perfect! It's easy to apply with just my finger tips, getting the right amount (which is small) is easy to do, and it blends with little effort. I get compliments on how healthy and tan I look all the time. Plus, even though it's pricey, one tub has lasted me well over a year, which definitely makes it worth the price tag. I just hope they don't discontue it like they have some of my other fave Chanel products.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/4/2010 7:12:00 PM More reviews by eli54

I've been on the search for a bronzer and heard all the roar about Soliel Tan De Chanel. I will say it is on the pricey side ($48), but I wasn't surprised its Chanel and there is a lot of product. Its soft to the touch and smells wonderful. The creamy texture turns into a powder consistency that's the best way I can describe it. I applied it with a Mac 130 skunk brush it sheds which I don't like, but then I buffed it with a bare essential brush. I like the color its natural, if not careful it can turn muddy. But start with a light hand and build up if needed. I like this product it didn't turn muddy and looks more natural than powder.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 on 8/14/2010 7:39:00 PM More reviews by sunday1966

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Oily, Dark, Neutral Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Black

I only need a few words to review this one: it did absolutely nothing for me!

rated 4 of 5 on 7/10/2010 4:26:00 AM More reviews by miszdeniise

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Im NC20 and this Bronzer is deff not HG. Its ok but for fair skin like mine it can look streaky and orange. Its cream based also so it can settle into lines and pores looking ugly. Will finish but deff will not repurchase

BIG EDIT!!
Bought it again and started playing with it. Its gorgeous!!! Gives me this nice bronze glow and never looks cakey or over done!! I swirl a 168 brush lightly and apply....its so lovely just gorge on me. I use Vitalumiere under and it even looks good with other foundations too! Its great...if you dont love it at first keep playing with it. Just use a little bit and build up!!

rated 3 of 5 on 7/10/2010 4:22:00 AM More reviews by Mebs786

I apply this with a kabuki brush. It goes on more natural looking when applied this way and not too heavy. The colour is subtle and looks very natural. Can be applied to the whole face as its a light bronze shade and it sets my foundation too. I find my foundation looks great all day when I apply this over it and it just makes it look more dewy too.
This is very expensive but lasts a very long time.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 7/10/2010 2:13:00 AM More reviews by tatt2thruandthru

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I found this product a little tough to work with not because of it's consistency but because I tried a million different brushes with it. They didn't apply the product nicely or shedded in the product, the site of brush hairs lodged in it makes me ill. It was also orangey on me, disappointing. It's not the worst bronzer, but I do like Benefit Hoola better along with NARS Laguna. I believe this products biggest downfall is that it is in a tub, somewhat unsanitary and definitely annoying. This bronzer is a little high maintenance to work with, not my style.

5 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 6/13/2010 12:45:00 PM More reviews by Hothead

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

lovely look in the jar -- it is yummy looking.

when I tried it on it is another matter. That pudding like beauty turned me into a pumpkin face -- not a good look for me.

I tested it on my daughter who is a level 2.5-3 complexion and who can tan during the summer and it did look lovely but after an hour turned a bit shiny and again, orangey.

all in all, unless you really want to pay for hype, buy this. If not, try the Hourglass cream bronzer or the MAC cream bronzer -- bigger bang for the buck and far easier to work with.