Chanel Bronze Universel De Chanel Sun Illuminator

4.4

Cyclopentasiloxane,Dimethicone, Silica, Ozokerite, Methoxycinnamate, Dimethyl Silylate, Polymethylsilsequioxane, Phenoxyethanol, Methylparaben, Parfum, Butylparaben, Ethylparaben, Isobutylparaben, Lecithin, Tocopherol, Ascorbal Palmitate, Glyceryl, Stearate, BHT, Glyceryl Oleate, Citric Acid, [ /- (May contain)CI 77007 (Ultramarines), CI 77491, CI 77499 (Iron oxides), CI 77891 (Titanium Dioxide), Mica]

Skin: Normal, Olive, Cool

I decided to try this product after hearing so many raves on it. Sadly, it just did not work for me. When I asked the sales associate at the counter if she recommended it for my skintone, she said that it would give me a very pretty glow. She was wrong! I am about an NC40-42 in MAC right now and it barely showed up on me. I found that I would have to build up a lot of the product to produce even the slightest glow on my face. For such an expensive bronzer, I did not like the fact that I was using twice the amount of product with every use, so I returned it :( I feel that this bronzer would look exceptional on someone who isn't darker than an NC30-35, however, I will have to stick with my Nars' Casino bronzer.

on 12/17/2010 6:12:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Medium, Not Sure

I have been wanting to try this bronzer for a really long time. I wanted to switch from using a powder bronzer ( I use Hoola by benefit) to a cream formula. The way it looks on me is really natural and it gives a really nice bronzed, healthy look. However, I am going to return this because it has severely broken me out. I have not had an episode like this in years! :( I think it is probably because this product has a strong fragrance (from what I have read it is the typical Chanel smell). As I said, I have dry skin which is also very sensitive. I bought this product three days ago, used it the first day and the second day. The areas of my face where I applied this product have red dry patches that sting and hurt :(. So, obviously I am returning this. If any of you out there have a similar face type like me, beware of this product!! As much as I wanted to love this, I cannot recommend this to anyone with sensitive skin.

on 12/12/2010 9:15:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Other, Coarse

I have been using this for a little over a month so I could get a fair evaluation on it. I really wanted a cream bronzer, as my skin seems to prefer creams, and sometimes break's out to powders. The first day the lady at Chanel put it on me it pulled Orange, and I could not see much of it. Then as I started to put it on myself I was able to get a more natural application but it was so sheer, and light that I wasnt sure it was making a difference. I bought the Sephora Mineral Brush #45(26 dollars) to apply this as it is dense, and buffs. It helped me see a difference in the application, but I found the product alone on my nc 25 skin doesnt make a huge difference.
It feels luxurious, because it is Chanel, and the tub is beautiful to display on the countertop but I found its best use is truly as the box reads..a makeup base. Underneath your regular bronzer this makes them show up more and you get an even more bronzed appearance.
However I feel 48 dollars is too much for this addition, and you could use a self tanner, or even the Bonne Bell Gel tan for 3 dollars for a similar effect.
I really wanted to love this, as it is one of the my first higher end makeup products, as I have recently strayed from MAC but I think I will keep using it to see if I feel anymore difference.

on 11/27/2010 4:34:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

I absolutely love this product.

I got it from Debenhams for around 30. It comes in like a mousse form which is new to me as I'm used to using powders like NARS Laguna. When I first started using it, it was coming out a little too dark for my liking, but I soon got the hang of using it properly.

I love to use the MAC 168 and just swirl it around in the jar really softly. Then I dab a bit on my hand to get rid of any excess and then pop it on my cheeks using a swirling motion, and then sometimes on my forehead/nose if I want that effect.

It lasts forever. I've had mine for about 6mths and still loads left.

on 11/27/2010 3:13:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I have 3 favorites bronzers and this one is part of them. (others are Dior Bronze Collagen Activ Bronzer and Nars Laguna).
I am NC25, but getting more fair in the winter days (or months arghh).
I like to take my time to apply it, that is the only reason why I am not wearing it more often. It's not because it is difficult, but it's better to be careful when applying or at least have a nice lighting to see the results building up.
I use Mac brush 187, works very well with this. I have the blush for 8 months now and does not go down !
Bulky for traveling but at least you can put it in your luggage and it won't break or spill !
Also beautiful item to leave on your makeup "desk" !

on 11/27/2010 12:53:00 AM

This is the ONLY bronzer I've used that I ever cared for at all. Actually, I LOVE this bronzer. Before it, I never wore bronzer because the ones I tried were too heavy, orange, streaky, dirty, unnatural looking, etc. But Chanel's is perfect! It's easy to apply with just my finger tips, getting the right amount (which is small) is easy to do, and it blends with little effort. I get compliments on how healthy and tan I look all the time. Plus, even though it's pricey, one tub has lasted me well over a year, which definitely makes it worth the price tag. I just hope they don't discontue it like they have some of my other fave Chanel products.

on 9/4/2010 7:12:00 PM

I've been on the search for a bronzer and heard all the roar about Soliel Tan De Chanel. I will say it is on the pricey side ($48), but I wasn't surprised its Chanel and there is a lot of product. Its soft to the touch and smells wonderful. The creamy texture turns into a powder consistency that's the best way I can describe it. I applied it with a Mac 130 skunk brush it sheds which I don't like, but then I buffed it with a bare essential brush. I like the color its natural, if not careful it can turn muddy. But start with a light hand and build up if needed. I like this product it didn't turn muddy and looks more natural than powder.

on 8/14/2010 7:39:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Dark, Neutral

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

I only need a few words to review this one: it did absolutely nothing for me!

on 7/10/2010 4:26:00 AM

Im NC20 and this Bronzer is deff not HG. Its ok but for fair skin like mine it can look streaky and orange. Its cream based also so it can settle into lines and pores looking ugly. Will finish but deff will not repurchase

BIG EDIT!!
Bought it again and started playing with it. Its gorgeous!!! Gives me this nice bronze glow and never looks cakey or over done!! I swirl a 168 brush lightly and apply....its so lovely just gorge on me. I use Vitalumiere under and it even looks good with other foundations too! Its great...if you dont love it at first keep playing with it. Just use a little bit and build up!!

on 7/10/2010 4:22:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

I apply this with a kabuki brush. It goes on more natural looking when applied this way and not too heavy. The colour is subtle and looks very natural. Can be applied to the whole face as its a light bronze shade and it sets my foundation too. I find my foundation looks great all day when I apply this over it and it just makes it look more dewy too.
This is very expensive but lasts a very long time.

Video Reviews & Tutorials