July 31, 2014 | 1810 users online

Top/Base Coats - Sally Hansen - Mega Shine Top Coat

rated 5 of 5 on 5/10/2011 11:37:00 AM More reviews by sinfulnails

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This is my absolute favorite top coat. It goes on without streaking my polish and dries super quick. My nails look like I have had a professional manicure/pedicure whenever I use this. To top it off, I found my bottle in the Dollar Store! My only complaint is that I can't see through the bottle and have no idea how much more is left.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/2/2011 4:51:00 PM More reviews by godpsent

Age: Unknown Skin: Oily, Deep Dark, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Black

I swear by this product. It gives natural nail manicures the kind of shine you get with artificial nails. It lasts, maybe not 10 days, but at least 5 days before it starts chipping. Just don't apply too thickly. Oh, and the bottle gets a little crusty at the opening after a couple of uses - when this happens be careful not to get the crust onto your manicure. But the biggest plus: it really does dry in less than 5 minutes. I mean you can go to sleep right after with little to no issue, that's how dry it gets!

rated 2 of 5 on 4/19/2011 12:53:00 PM More reviews by tutanfrutan

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Price is good and it is available in the grocery stores. I agree with the other reviewers who said they don't like that the bottle is opaque and the brush is white...we can't see the product so we have to assume how much is on the brush and how much is left in the bottle.

Quality is another downside to this product. It dries quickly yes so I have never gotten sheet marks or dents and I can get on with my life quickly. The shine is okay but I have used a shinier polish (Beauty Secrets, which is what I intend to go back to if I am not satisfied after trying Poshe next) The Sally Hansen Mega Shine makes my polish chip easily and is very brittle so on day two or three, my polish begins peeling in one single layer like paint off a wall. I would not buy this again.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/14/2011 10:10:00 PM More reviews by joyousjoy88

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I'm really surprised with the low ratings of this top coat. After several 'manies', I have come to the conclusion that this is the best top coat for me. I originally have been using SH's Insta dry anti-chip top coat for years and loved its performance. I didn't think I would find anything else that would beat it. This mega-shine top coat, (an acciental purchase) keeps my nail colour as shiny through at least 5 days without chipping! My nail polish looks as good on day 4 as it did within day 1. I normally get antsy after 3/4 days of nail polish and want to change, but this top coat keeps my mani so fresh looking each passing day that I get lasy to remove. Only until they have chipped like crazy that I will remove it, which will be at least 6+ days after the mani. Anyways, overall I will rebuy this. It has great shine, seals polish in like a rock and is long-wearing. (In Canada it's about 8 bucks at Shoppers or less at Walmart.)

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/5/2011 4:32:00 PM More reviews by prettyseaeagle

This is my second bottle as I totally dig this stuff. It dries polish fast and gives a mirror-like shine. However, like what previous reviewers had mentioned, the application is tricky. Apply too much and you get a thick layer atop your manicure when dried. If you apply too little, streaks can be very obvious on light polishes. Also, this doesn't make your manicure last longer as I see tip wear around the second day. I have tried Seche but it didn't work for me and I hated how fast it thickened. I have another Poshe top coat unused though, if that works better I will probably not repurchase.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/19/2011 4:07:00 PM More reviews by ChrissyTX

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

After trying Poshe, SV, Out the Door and Essie 3 way glaze, this has become my HG topcoat, Fast drying, and extremely shiny, while applying easy. My only complaint is that it does not cooperate at all with Zoya polishes-I get massive shrinkage around the cuticles, sides of nails and tips when I use it, so opt for the Insta-Dri for Zoya only. I do wish the bottle was see-thru just so getting the right amount on the brush would be easier, and to know when you are running low

rated 5 of 5 on 2/18/2011 3:44:00 PM More reviews by christnal

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I cannot believe the bad reviews I have read about this product! If used properly it is wonderful! The product says that you can use while nails are still wet, but I do suggest that you wait until fully dry. Also it does not last the full 10 days as it suggests. But this polish gives a beautiful mirror shine top coat, a very professional looking finish. People are always asking where I got my nails done...at home!

rated 1 of 5 on 2/18/2011 2:48:00 PM More reviews by AlyCat29

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Don't waste your money on this product. It smeared my polish, took ages to dry, cost as much as seche vite. Wish I could give it no lippies.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/16/2011 1:04:00 AM More reviews by Alibul3

When I first got this product a few months ago I thought that this was going to work miracles and make my freshly painted nails last for 10 days like the box claimed. Every time I apply this top coat over my nail polish, my entire nail polish will peel off! Sure it makes my nails real shiny and looks great...for about an hour and then I happen to notice that one of my nails doesn't even have nail polish on it anymore because it decided to run away and chip off. I can't even put this on my toes and have the polish stay on for more than two days! Overrall, this product looks great and does leave your nails nice and hard and shiny, but that all peels away on its own. Bad product. Sally let me down this time.

rated 1 of 5 on 2/15/2011 9:14:00 PM More reviews by elovejoy25

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I HATE THIS PRODUCT! I bought it because at lot of Gurus claimed it was a lower cost alternative for Seche Vite. Not so much. This product leave streak marks on my nails, even if I wait for my polish to dry before applying and they are not even shiny! I change my nailpolish very often so chipping usually doesn't happen, but I wore my polish ONE DAY with this and it was chip city. It is no match for Seche Vite plain and simple.