The Body Shop Seaweed Clarifying Toner

3.1

Not tested on animals
The Body Shop is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

Water (Solvent/Diluent), PEG-40 Hydrogenated Castor Oil (Emulsifier), Trideceth-9 (Emulsifier), Phenoxyethanol (Preservative), Algae Extract (Natural Additive), Glycerin (Humectant), Methylparaben (Preservative), Fragrance (Fragrance), Propylene Glycol (Humectant), Disodium EDTA (Chelating Agent), Fucus Vesiculosus (Bladderwrack) Extract (Skin Conditioning Agent), Butylparaben (Preservative), Ethylparaben (Preservative), Menthol (Fragrance/Cooling Agent), Cucumis Sativus (Cucumber) Extract (Natural Additive), Isobutylparaben (Preservative), Propylparaben (Preservative), Benzyl Alcohol (Preservative), Linalool (Fragrance Ingredient), Butylphenyl Methylpropional (Fragrance Ingredient), Benzyl Salicylate (Fragrance Ingredient), Potassium Sorbate (Preservative), Citronellol (Fragrance Ingredient), Alpha-Isomethyl Ionone (Fragrance Ingredient), Tocopherol (Antioxidant).

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

I absolutely love this toner. I was skeptical because of all the "meh" reviews on it and didn't want to take the plunge and pick it up. Eventually I got the whole full size seaweed skincare line during a sale and I am so pleased! My face is a mess, the US should buy my face as a new source for oil. Nothing I have tried has helped me control oil, normal astringents remove the oil only to have it reappear within minutes. First impression - it ...doesn't smell like alcohol, wow. It definitely feels like a toner, the stinging factor. You don't need much, I use it on a cotton round after cleansing morning and night. It doesn't make your face feel dehydrated afterwards. I use the mattifying day cream as a moisturizer afterwards .. this is seriously the dream team here. My pores have been minimized and if I wear heavy foundation there is a HUGE difference in the finish. I will continue to buy from this line, it's a shame this didn't work for alot of people. However, I would definitely recommend it. It's worth a shot, especially if you can try it for a decent price! This is love. <3

on 2/8/2011 2:18:00 AM

i give 2 lippies, one for the price, and one for the smell. i love the smell, but that's it. it doesn't do anything for my oily skin, it even makes my skin more oily and it gives a sticky feeling just after you use it on ur face. Won't buy it again.

on 12/25/2010 12:21:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

It's water...and,well,fragrances,and preservatives.
Doesn't do anything.
I could wipe the leftover dirts better with evian.
Not buying again.

on 11/7/2010 2:12:00 AM

Theres a lot of harsh ingredients in this toner. Slight stinging in my eyes from the scent. It also feels hars on my skin and is overly drying now that it's gotten colder. Doesn't help to clear my skin, I think it may be irritating it worse.

on 11/2/2010 10:13:00 AM

I rate like this:
Ingredients/animal-testing: If it doesn't contain parabens or perfume and isn't tested on animals it gets one lippie.
Packaging: Good packaging gives 1 lippie.
Quality: The quality of the product counts for 3 lippies.

Ingredients/animal-testing: The first thing: there's both parabens and fragrance in this stuff, even though I asked the woman in the store to find something without those two things. And stupid as I was, I just trusted the lady and didn't check it out myself - DUH, last time doing that. But no lippie because of the ingredients.
Packaging: There's nothing special about the packaging - I broke my nail a couple of times trying to open the lid. My bad, but still annoying. Had it been a great product that I wanted to last for a longer time, I would have poured it into a spray bottle instead of the original packaging. So no lippies for packaging.
Quality: This product made my skin burn when I applied it, and my skin would get really red. First I just ignored it, but as I kept on using it, the burning and redness got a lot worse and it started to break me out - so after three weeks of burning every morning and evening, I finally decided to stop using this stuff. Can't recommend this if you have sensitive skin, even though your skin is combination. So 0 lippies for quality.

However I can't add a review with 0 lippies, it keeps on saying "please select" - therefore it gets 1 lippie.

on 10/28/2010 6:08:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

I love love love this toner! I have tried many different types of toner in the past, but for the past week I have used this, and I absolutely love it! It leaves my face with no dryness or oiliness, and my skin has looked noticeably fresher and clearer since I started using it. I would definitely use this again, and, since I bought the smaller size, it only cost me 3 pounds, which I was amazed at. An amazing product, would recommend it to everyone.

on 9/28/2010 2:02:00 AM

This, to me, is a pretty pleasant product. I find the smell unobtrusive, and in combination with a face wash and followed by lotion my skin feels nice. It works well just by itself in removing mid-day shine from my face, but like most toners it leaves the face kind of dry if it isn't followed by a lotion. This supposedly causes more oil production, so just a quick swipe if you're feeling sticky followed by some light lotion feels rather refreshing.

on 8/1/2010 3:37:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Usually not quite sure what to expect from toners.

I use it twice a day, no irritation, dryness, oiliness, no problems really. And it does remove excess cleanser from my face. At the same time, if there has been any improvements to my skin- I can't really tell. My last toner made my skin very soft...this one didn't.

The smell is pretty cool, I can't really relate it to anything but I like it. I am still otherwise okay with this product. Not enough to love or hate.

on 6/27/2010 6:32:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

I used this product for a while. It's ok-it's pretty astringent so it does sting, but it helps clean deep down in pores. However, it can irritate your skin pretty easily. I would recommend only using it a couple nights per week. I use a different toner now (LUSH tea tree water and one of the Neutrogena ones with salicylic acid). Doesn't really help reduce acne or improve skin tone because it irritates too much.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

I think I already found my HG toner! I really like this a loooottt! I use this on both morning and evening after washing my face. I have the whole seaweed line! I like this because it doesn't feel and smell alcohol-y (you know what I mean?) like other toners. I only need a few drops per application. I have the mother bottle (the big one) which I bought like 1 1/2 months ago and I haven't even consumed half of it and I use this religiously day and night! From what the label says, it is "pore minimising toning liquid to remove impurities and reduce excess oil. True to it's promise. My huuuge, I mean very huge pores pores are now less visible and I am not kidding! The oil control is great as well, though it doesn't mattify my oilies completely, my face is totally not greasy anymore! I would definitely repurchase!!!

Top Rated The Body Shop Products