October 23, 2014 | 968 users online

Toners - The Body Shop - Seaweed Clarifying Toner

rated 1 of 5 on 12/25/2010 12:21:00 AM More reviews by leyan

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

It's water...and,well,fragrances,and preservatives.
Doesn't do anything.
I could wipe the leftover dirts better with evian.
Not buying again.

rated 2 of 5 on 11/7/2010 2:12:00 AM More reviews by cutem3w

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

Theres a lot of harsh ingredients in this toner. Slight stinging in my eyes from the scent. It also feels hars on my skin and is overly drying now that it's gotten colder. Doesn't help to clear my skin, I think it may be irritating it worse.

rated 1 of 5 on 11/2/2010 10:13:00 AM More reviews by Dedree

I rate like this:
Ingredients/animal-testing: If it doesn't contain parabens or perfume and isn't tested on animals it gets one lippie.
Packaging: Good packaging gives 1 lippie.
Quality: The quality of the product counts for 3 lippies.

Ingredients/animal-testing: The first thing: there's both parabens and fragrance in this stuff, even though I asked the woman in the store to find something without those two things. And stupid as I was, I just trusted the lady and didn't check it out myself - DUH, last time doing that. But no lippie because of the ingredients.
Packaging: There's nothing special about the packaging - I broke my nail a couple of times trying to open the lid. My bad, but still annoying. Had it been a great product that I wanted to last for a longer time, I would have poured it into a spray bottle instead of the original packaging. So no lippies for packaging.
Quality: This product made my skin burn when I applied it, and my skin would get really red. First I just ignored it, but as I kept on using it, the burning and redness got a lot worse and it started to break me out - so after three weeks of burning every morning and evening, I finally decided to stop using this stuff. Can't recommend this if you have sensitive skin, even though your skin is combination. So 0 lippies for quality.

However I can't add a review with 0 lippies, it keeps on saying "please select" - therefore it gets 1 lippie.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/28/2010 6:08:00 AM More reviews by olivialaw

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Green

I love love love this toner! I have tried many different types of toner in the past, but for the past week I have used this, and I absolutely love it! It leaves my face with no dryness or oiliness, and my skin has looked noticeably fresher and clearer since I started using it. I would definitely use this again, and, since I bought the smaller size, it only cost me 3 pounds, which I was amazed at. An amazing product, would recommend it to everyone.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/28/2010 2:02:00 AM More reviews by Ticket

This, to me, is a pretty pleasant product. I find the smell unobtrusive, and in combination with a face wash and followed by lotion my skin feels nice. It works well just by itself in removing mid-day shine from my face, but like most toners it leaves the face kind of dry if it isn't followed by a lotion. This supposedly causes more oil production, so just a quick swipe if you're feeling sticky followed by some light lotion feels rather refreshing.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/1/2010 3:37:00 PM More reviews by Ethabella

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Usually not quite sure what to expect from toners.

I use it twice a day, no irritation, dryness, oiliness, no problems really. And it does remove excess cleanser from my face. At the same time, if there has been any improvements to my skin- I can't really tell. My last toner made my skin very soft...this one didn't.

The smell is pretty cool, I can't really relate it to anything but I like it. I am still otherwise okay with this product. Not enough to love or hate.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 6/27/2010 6:32:00 AM More reviews by loveforsocks

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I used this product for a while. It's ok-it's pretty astringent so it does sting, but it helps clean deep down in pores. However, it can irritate your skin pretty easily. I would recommend only using it a couple nights per week. I use a different toner now (LUSH tea tree water and one of the Neutrogena ones with salicylic acid). Doesn't really help reduce acne or improve skin tone because it irritates too much.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/17/2010 5:20:00 AM More reviews by purple_passion

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I think I already found my HG toner! I really like this a loooottt! I use this on both morning and evening after washing my face. I have the whole seaweed line! I like this because it doesn't feel and smell alcohol-y (you know what I mean?) like other toners. I only need a few drops per application. I have the mother bottle (the big one) which I bought like 1 1/2 months ago and I haven't even consumed half of it and I use this religiously day and night! From what the label says, it is "pore minimising toning liquid to remove impurities and reduce excess oil. True to it's promise. My huuuge, I mean very huge pores pores are now less visible and I am not kidding! The oil control is great as well, though it doesn't mattify my oilies completely, my face is totally not greasy anymore! I would definitely repurchase!!!

rated 4 of 5 on 12/3/2009 3:40:00 AM More reviews by mappleLeave

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Black

It is effective. I only need to take little drops of the liquid on my cotton pad to mop my whole face. It has a light scent and gently refreshing my skin.
My pores look less visible and purified. My skin is also less oily. Though it claims to be shine-free, I donít get matte look on my face. Itís still shiny but not greasy at all. It also effectively cleanses my face. I always find last traces on my cotton pad. Not every toner is able to do that. It controls the sebum though it has castor oil in it.

this review is also posted on my site http://mappleleave.blogspot.com/search/label/the%20body%20shop

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/30/2009 11:40:00 AM More reviews by Kathy123

I bought three skin care products from TBS for $30. One of these products was this. I was not happy about the alcohol in the ingredients but overall, this does a great job in cleaning and minimizing the pores. In combination with the night cream or day cream from the Seaweed collection, this definitely makes a difference in mattifying my skin as well. Great product-