Almay Dual Phase Eye Makeup Remover [DISCONTINUED]

3.0

on 1/31/2004 1:51:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

I bought this after I could no longer afford my Lancome BiFacil eye makeup remover. I do like how it works, though it's a little more oily than the BiFacil is. I wear contacts, and it still seems to cloud them a little, so that's why I knocked off a lipstick...though I have to admit I haven't found an eye makeup remover that doesn't cloud my contacts or eyes at all. I usually try to remove my contacts before I remove my eye makeup anyway, but the whole cloudy eyeballs thing is equally as annoying. I am impressed with the way it removes waterproof eyeliner and mascara. I don't like the packaging though. The top is insane, though I understand why the childproof cap (kinda), though I wish it was a smaller hole, because I really don't need that much eye makeup remover to come out at one time. Sometimes I just dip a Q-tip in there. It's a great price for what it is, and I firmly believe that using the semi-oily kind of eye makeup remover helps restore some kind of oil to the eye area, and maybe that's partially why I haven't seen any crows feet, lines, etc. I put that I would buy this again, though I recently also tried the moisturizing makeup remover pads by Almay, and I really liked them. So, when I finally run out of this (and I take a long time to go through a bottle like this) I will be split on buying this again or the pads (for trips, etc).

on 1/27/2004 3:30:00 PM

I may be in the minority here, but hey, gotta love this eye makeup remover. Being an aficionado of Mary Kay's Oil-Free Eye Makeup Remover, I decided to try this which is less than half the price (about $5 for 4 oz, compared to $14 for 3.5 oz). I like the way it separates in the bottle, as does the MK version and it removes every trace of both waterproof and non eye makeup products. I do agree with the others' assessment that this leaves somewhat of an oily residue, true! However, it doesn't blind the eyes like some do and is very quick at taking off eye makeup. I do think that the MK version leaves a less greasy residue, but hey, just use that toner after and you're fine or wipe away with a tissue. Would no doubt repurchase this.

Excellent eye m/u remover. Even removes waterproof mascara with ease. The only reason it doesn't get a perfect 5 from me is because it does sting my sensitive eyes a little (but not enough to keep me from using it).

on 1/9/2004 3:59:00 PM

I love this eye make up remover. It removes makeup easily, doesn't hurt my eyes, it's not greasy, and it's cheap! My only complaint (and actually this is a biggie) is the packaging-- what is up with the child proof cap?! It's not poison! Plus, the cap is sealed with a plastic ring on the bottom instead of a clear plastic sheath which remains after being opened (like on milk) and catches the top when you try to open it. The ring combined with the child proof cap make this extremely difficult to open. I cut off the ring, but it is difficult to do and takes a while. The packaging is especially stupid considering you have to shake the liquid to blend the oil and water before using.

on 12/29/2003 3:04:00 PM

I love this product. It makes mascara and eyeshadow dissapear fast, and its oily texture, which some users don't like, is actually soothing to my eyelids' sensitive skin. There was no child-proof cap on my bottle, and I'm a sucker for pink. I used to buy Lancôme Bi-Facil, but this is a way cheaper alternative that works just as good for me. Great for touch-ups with a Q-tip as you apply eye-liner!
UPDATE: Ouch! Last night I got a lot of this stuff in my eyes, it does hurt an awful lot!

on 12/27/2003 9:03:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I love this product! I wear gobs of waterproof mascara and this takes all of it off in less than 30 seconds an eye! It doesnt burn me or leave my eyes irritated and its exactly like my Clinique Take the Day Off eyemakeup remover.

on 12/16/2003 4:21:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral

So far, I am the only one liking this product... I wear a lot of eye make-up and it successfully remmoves everything for me. It is a poor woman's version of Lancome's dual phase waterproof eye make-up remover. No, it isn't as good as Lancomes; hoever, it is a 1/4 of the cost. Be sure not to over saturate the pad when you remove your eye make-up.

on 12/14/2003 12:21:00 AM

wayyyy too oily, though it works, it's just very oily and leaves a film on your eyes, too messy

on 11/5/2003 5:28:00 PM

I've been using this for 3 years now. It comes in a pink bottle with clear fluid inside. You have to push and screw the cap on/off. To activate the solution you shake the bottle 1-2 times. This works great at dissolving and removing eyemakeup. It's very affordable and often on sale for around $5. I highly recommend.

on 11/2/2003 6:02:00 PM

Would i buy this again? Never. It stung my eyes like no tomorrow. It also left a very greasy film that just wouldnt go away, no matter how much i tried to get it off. I think it was all the oil and grease that stung my eyes so much..who knows. It was a bit more expensive than the regular one and promised *not* to be greasy, just moisturizing. No way, this stuff is all gimmick. I had tried it thinking the regular non-oily one was not moisturizing enough for winter, but it was so not worth it. I went right back to the store and exchanged it for my old staple Non-oily eye makeup remover.