April 18, 2014 | 1778 users online

Styling Products - TiGi - Bed Head Manipulator

rated 4 of 5 on 3/25/2008 8:29:00 PM More reviews by jaimelyn80

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

One of my favorite products, but I only gave it a 4 because unless you have super-short hair it won't work for you. I am growing out a pixie cut...when it was really short I used Manipulator to give it a soft, messy look. I prefer Master Mind now that it's a little bit longer because it isn't oily like Manipulator.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/25/2008 3:19:00 PM More reviews by forksfinest

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

It goes on nice without being sticky or creating that hard hat feeling, it keeps hold all day and you can "manipulate" your hair whenever it starts falling flat.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/23/2008 10:39:00 PM More reviews by breeknee

I don't know where to begin...

This keeps fly-aways at bay, I have naturally wavy hair with the ends being full on curls, and if I put this on the ends, even if they are already dried out and frizzy, it will make them beautifully piecey and separated. Most products like this are far too waxy, but when you open this up, it is very thick, almost like that Gak stuff I had when I was little! I put a pea sized amount in my hands, and then just scrunch the ends of my hair, and use the reside on my fingers to separate the little end pieces I like. It really does make my hair look so good. The best part is that because it isn't so waxy, my hair still has shine to it, in fact, it is more shiny! It has a pretty decent scent to it, not my style but it is not too strong so it is easily hidden.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/12/2008 5:22:00 PM More reviews by sleepyhead2

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love Manipulator. This is a product I use daily on my hair, whether I style it or just put it up in a plain old ponytail. The trick is to use a teeny tiny little bit. Seriously, just a dab will work, and too much will make your strand look greasy or clumpy. This does wonders for those pesky fly aways and little breakage ( i have that alot by my roots.) Just dab a little bit on your finger, kind of just pat your fingers in the jar softly and apply. This makes your hair look polished and your look is ready to go. The scent is amazing, like coconuts, or pina coladas, like other reviewers mentioned below. My only gripe with this, is that it can be a bit messy. Especially when you first purchase it. What I do, is scrape the excess product of the little plastic cover (under the actual lid), and scoop it into the jar. then toss the plastic cover away, you don't need it all. After that, just store the container upright, not on its side or upside down....common sense, but that is how you get the product all over and that is a pain in the butt when you open the lid. Oh, and the price is a bit steep for this, as is most TIGI hair products, but given the amount that you have a use, it will last a long time. Will repurchase, because I haven't found another product that does what this does equally or better. Pomades or waxes just leave my hair looking to greasy and makes my style "fall" because it is too heavey. Manipulator does look like it would be pretty "heavy" because it is really thick and goopy, but just remember the less is more rule with this one.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/7/2008 1:54:00 PM More reviews by maddjuicey

I love my Manipulator. At first I was skeptical because of the amount and price ratio. BUT that's the point, you don't need to use too much. Just a small amount makes your hair look very put together and tidy. I love it when I do a pouf and a ponytail because I have layered bangs and I only need to do a blow dry and use some manipulator to keep them tucked back. The only problem is I would prefer it in some other type of container. When it get s on the lid it's like a messy surprise. Learn how to use it before you diss it!

rated 3 of 5 on 2/3/2008 3:11:00 AM More reviews by shes_like_heroin

this is a much talked about product.
i havent been able to figure out how to use it to make my hair look how i want it to.
i was shocked when i discovered how completely sticky and gooey and messy it is. its like putting honey in your hair! but i dont have any big complaints.. i like it for getting rid of fly aways... i just wish i could make it do what i want it to, i know theres so much potential!

btw for the poster below me.. this product is far from discontinued. theres loads of it everywhere.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/28/2008 4:43:00 PM More reviews by bstyle

Smells good very sticky but works ok. Would rather have it in a pump instead of a jar but thats me. I really dont us this stuff anymore it just sits with the other products that i do use daily. Ive had to us it a couple of times on my husband hair but it ended up flakey on him he didnt like it and hates the smell. When i did use it it really didnt have a staying power for when i wanted a flip out. will not buy again

rated 5 of 5 on 1/13/2008 2:44:00 PM More reviews by Afiach

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

Bed head Manipulator is a firm favourite with both boys and girls in our student house. It's certainly not cheap, but it does last forever, especially the Big Daddy size.

It has a fruity, coconut smell (think Pina Colada) which I love, and is a gooey, putty-like consistency. You only need a little to work into your style, it's easy to over do it.

The product is suitable for all hair lengths - short especially. You can have a nice piece-y look, and it's great for adding a little texture to layered hair. I used it mainly to scrunch into my wavey hair for more volume, or to stick down those annoying fly-aways.

The only thing I don't love is the packaging - sticky fingers! I would prefer a tube, or a lid that won't rust (yes, it lasts that long!) but I really can't complain too much.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/4/2008 10:06:00 AM More reviews by moomoolu

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

When I had really short hair I would buy this, but it was a little too pricey, so I had to stop using it. I loved the way I could mold and sculpt my hair and it would shampoo out. You can put too much of it in your hair though because then it looks greasy and gross and majorly clumps together.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/2/2008 8:49:00 PM More reviews by princessgracie

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine Eyes: Brown

I think that I am on my third or fourth jar of this stuff. I try to find something new, because I am not completely sold on the gooeyness of the texture, but I return. Several times now. I do like the hold, and how I can mold my hair in several different ways. I can tell when I have a bit too much as it gets greasy in my hair, but I have gotten better at judging how much to use. I have used this in my hair at several different lengths, and find that it is appropriate for my bobbed length, and now the short, cropped length. Will continue to repurchse, and especially when they have the buy a hairspray for a buck deal!!