September 1, 2014 | 1751 users online

Styling Products - TiGi - Bed Head Manipulator

rated 5 of 5 on 6/17/2008 9:16:00 PM More reviews by tennis700g

This is a great product. It can be used in many different ways. It smells great! Its great to get rid of frizz and never leaves my hair weighed down. If you have this product and don't like it you may just be using it wrong. I saw that somebody said this only works well on very short hair, not true at all I have long hair and this works perfectly for it. Also didn't understand why someone would say it flakes?? Hasn't ever flaked in my hair at all. So if you aren't getting good results I would take it to your next hair appointment and ask a stylist to show you how to use it best for your hair length/cut.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 5/18/2008 5:48:00 PM More reviews by camillacamilla

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I bought this to add piecey-ness, definition, and hold to my side swept bangs and long layers. It doesn't offer much hold at all. It is very gooey and goopy, and for the price I paid, I expected more. It just makes my bangs look a little greasy, but doesn't hold them in place or define them. No piecey-ness or definition on my layers either. Waste of money.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/10/2008 8:28:00 AM More reviews by lilysdoll

I really love this product. My hair is just past my shoulders,light layers with waves. This product really helps define the waves in my hair with very little effore. I just towel dry. Then once its almost dry I just work the manipulator through my hair and scrunch. Its just great. Defines the waves and curls. Gives my hair shape and body. It also smells really great ! It is a little hard to work with the jar. But not a big deal. Its an awesome product !

rated 4 of 5 on 4/15/2008 5:12:00 PM More reviews by sassepiano

This stuff is good for texturizing my coarse, wirey hair. The only thing that bothers me about the packaging that it's hard to travel with. When I open it after a car trip or plane ride, the Manipulator gets on the lid and gets goopey all over the place.

Other than that, it's a great product.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/25/2008 8:29:00 PM More reviews by jaimelyn80

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

One of my favorite products, but I only gave it a 4 because unless you have super-short hair it won't work for you. I am growing out a pixie cut...when it was really short I used Manipulator to give it a soft, messy look. I prefer Master Mind now that it's a little bit longer because it isn't oily like Manipulator.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/25/2008 3:19:00 PM More reviews by forksfinest

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

It goes on nice without being sticky or creating that hard hat feeling, it keeps hold all day and you can "manipulate" your hair whenever it starts falling flat.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/23/2008 10:39:00 PM More reviews by breeknee

I don't know where to begin...

This keeps fly-aways at bay, I have naturally wavy hair with the ends being full on curls, and if I put this on the ends, even if they are already dried out and frizzy, it will make them beautifully piecey and separated. Most products like this are far too waxy, but when you open this up, it is very thick, almost like that Gak stuff I had when I was little! I put a pea sized amount in my hands, and then just scrunch the ends of my hair, and use the reside on my fingers to separate the little end pieces I like. It really does make my hair look so good. The best part is that because it isn't so waxy, my hair still has shine to it, in fact, it is more shiny! It has a pretty decent scent to it, not my style but it is not too strong so it is easily hidden.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/12/2008 5:22:00 PM More reviews by sleepyhead2

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love Manipulator. This is a product I use daily on my hair, whether I style it or just put it up in a plain old ponytail. The trick is to use a teeny tiny little bit. Seriously, just a dab will work, and too much will make your strand look greasy or clumpy. This does wonders for those pesky fly aways and little breakage ( i have that alot by my roots.) Just dab a little bit on your finger, kind of just pat your fingers in the jar softly and apply. This makes your hair look polished and your look is ready to go. The scent is amazing, like coconuts, or pina coladas, like other reviewers mentioned below. My only gripe with this, is that it can be a bit messy. Especially when you first purchase it. What I do, is scrape the excess product of the little plastic cover (under the actual lid), and scoop it into the jar. then toss the plastic cover away, you don't need it all. After that, just store the container upright, not on its side or upside down....common sense, but that is how you get the product all over and that is a pain in the butt when you open the lid. Oh, and the price is a bit steep for this, as is most TIGI hair products, but given the amount that you have a use, it will last a long time. Will repurchase, because I haven't found another product that does what this does equally or better. Pomades or waxes just leave my hair looking to greasy and makes my style "fall" because it is too heavey. Manipulator does look like it would be pretty "heavy" because it is really thick and goopy, but just remember the less is more rule with this one.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/7/2008 1:54:00 PM More reviews by maddjuicey

I love my Manipulator. At first I was skeptical because of the amount and price ratio. BUT that's the point, you don't need to use too much. Just a small amount makes your hair look very put together and tidy. I love it when I do a pouf and a ponytail because I have layered bangs and I only need to do a blow dry and use some manipulator to keep them tucked back. The only problem is I would prefer it in some other type of container. When it get s on the lid it's like a messy surprise. Learn how to use it before you diss it!

rated 3 of 5 on 2/3/2008 3:11:00 AM More reviews by shes_like_heroin

this is a much talked about product.
i havent been able to figure out how to use it to make my hair look how i want it to.
i was shocked when i discovered how completely sticky and gooey and messy it is. its like putting honey in your hair! but i dont have any big complaints.. i like it for getting rid of fly aways... i just wish i could make it do what i want it to, i know theres so much potential!

btw for the poster below me.. this product is far from discontinued. theres loads of it everywhere.