April 21, 2014 | 1393 users online

Lip Gloss - Philosophy - Red Kiss Me Lip Balm

rated 3 of 5 on 11/14/2006 5:12:00 AM More reviews by hannahlise

the "red" is more of a berry colored light stain, as has already been mentioned, which is very wearable. lasts about 2 hours if used while talking (i used it while seeing 4 clients in a row, and this was gone by my second client). has a nice smell, but not too overwhelming. basically, i RIS, like it, but not sure if i would shell out the $$ for this above and beyond other, cheaper options (Sonia Kashuk has a nice gloss at target for much less $$).

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 10/15/2006 8:49:00 PM More reviews by technopixie

This is much too emolient for me. In order to keep this stuff from sliding all over my face and getting into my mouth I can only use a very small ammount, and then it doesn't look like anything on my lips. Also, this is really more of a berry than red. This needs to have a slant tip as well, if only to keep it from oozing out and making a mess.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/11/2006 1:23:00 AM More reviews by kricket3142

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

i got this product in the "The School Book" set and i like it..i don't LOVE it but i LIKE it. it leaves just a hint of color and i don't think it tastes like anything...and the smell isn't bad at all. i like how it just glides on without using a lot.

rated 1 of 5 on 8/9/2006 5:07:00 AM More reviews by traveller

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I really could not get over the smell - it was horrible!! I was expecting it to be more of a 'red' but it turned out to be more of a purple-red, which did not suit me at all. It also wasn't as pigmented as I had hoped.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/7/2006 9:10:00 PM More reviews by sillystupid

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Nice texture, but too much color. Also, I prefer flavored balm/gloss. This just tasted like castor oil or some such thing.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/4/2006 2:15:00 AM More reviews by lipglossjunkee

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

This is my HG of lip balm! I purchased the (HUGE) pot a few years ago, and I really like the light red tint--it brightens my lips up just a tiny bit. I don't mind the flavor or smell, although I still haven't been able to categorize it yet. It's grown on me though. 2 winters ago I had really bad chapped lips and NOTHING was helping them go away. This did the trick. It moisturizes nicely and it really soothed my lips when I needed it (when nothing else even came close to working.) Needless to say, that bout of chapped lips finally cleaned out my pot and I had to repurchase. This time I got the $15 set of the red kiss me with the pink peppermint patty kiss me in the tubes (The Ultimate Kiss set). LOVE LOVE LOVE THEM BOTH!! Like I said, my HG of lip balm, and its very reasonable considering how much product you get and how drugstore brand prices are creeping up there.

rated 1 of 5 on 6/3/2006 8:22:00 PM More reviews by mspb

This came in the Birthday Girl set that I received as a gift. It will be difficult to adequately describe the feel or the taste of Red Kiss Me Lip Balm but, I'll try. With regards to the feel, imagine watered-down Vaseline. It oozes into your mouth - which is how tasting it is unavoidable. The taste is so foul that I immediately scrubbed my tongue with my toothbrush. I had to use a paper towel to get the balm off of my lips. I guess some people like this stuff. I'm just not one of those people.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 5/4/2006 2:38:00 AM More reviews by Kayelle

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

In some ways this reminds me of a mediocre version of Kiehl's. It's a red balm that goes on clear. It's one of those balms that leaves lips very moisturized, but the second it rubs off, your lips are as dry as ever. I'd probably give it another lippy if it weren't for the awful smell--I usually don't mind product scents at all, but this one starts as grapefruit and turns into terrible cheap plastic. Ick.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/20/2006 1:39:00 PM More reviews by astridastrid

I really don't like this stuff. It looks pretty on my lips and feels nice too, but the TASTE! Forget eating or drinking with this on. My boyfriend don't want to go near my lips when I wear it, it tastes too bad. And the packaging, even though it's cute, is not practical at all. It's really hard to squeeze the tube, when cold it's almost impossible to get any product out. I really wanted to like it, but hey, the search for the HG lip balm continues.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 2/17/2006 10:22:00 PM More reviews by semarie

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Other, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Yuck! I hated the plasticky smell, taste, and the way it felt on my lips! No thanks!