L'Oreal Feria Haircolor

2.9

on 3/27/2012 2:36:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I used to buy these dyes all of the time. I was especially ontrigued by the small oil packet that it comes with because it smelled soooo good but the color did not last :-( and to top it all off, it about $9-$10.00! That hurts!

on 3/22/2012 3:23:00 PM

I don't know why this product has so many bad reviews. Are you going to get the best hair color?... probably not. (For like ten bucks a box you shouldn't have such high hopes). If you are trying to go a completely different color then the hair color you have now you should probably go to a professional... I speak from experience. I have been dying my hair black for years and I use this product for my monthly touch ups. Like most of you I don't have time to go to the salon every week. it takes color well.. And easily washes out. Only down side is that it fades after a few short weeks. Another thing I like about this product is that unlike other hair dyes it didn't stain my bathtub what so ever, which is a huge plus for me!

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

I love this stuff! After a god-awful bleaching job with a Garnier bleach that left me with uneven, fried hair with platinum roots, orange ends and random brown/black chunks, I spent a bit with a hat over my head (To hide the roots) and demanded nobody laugh at my hair. (The only help was when my little brother said i looked like my friend who has gorgeous red hair.) I finally got to the drug store and picked up this dye in 72, caramel kiss, thinking it was dark enough to fix my platinum roots and light enough to lighten up the random dark chunks.

I deep conditioned my hair first, then after mixing it up, (Including a gimmicky shimmer serum) I put it in my hair, (starting on the dark parts first) let it process for 25 minutes, rinsed and

EH VOILA. The dark spots were evened out, (for the most part) the platinum roots now matched the rest of my hair and I had a pretty caramel blonde color that actually looked just like the box. My hair is still pretty frazzled, but i wouldnt say this dye made it worse, all the damage is from the bleach.

I give it a 5/5 because it saved my hair. Its a bit pricey compared to other dyes, but i think its better than most drug store permanents, and the packaging is very fancy. You get what you pay for.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

I've used Preference for 3 years, but the Burgundy Brown/Chocolate Cherry color appealed to me, and since there isn't really a similar shade in Preference, I tried Feria in Burgundy Brown.

First off, I don't know if it's the formula or the conditioner, but my hair is now softer than it ever has been before. And the formula is a lot less runny and better-smelling than Preference.

I seriously love the color this turned. In some lighting it's a warm dark brown, almost black. In others, a bright wine-colored run, and still in others a slight purpley color. It's not too drastic but still makes an effect. As for staying power, I'm not sure yet. But I went through a day of rain today and it's fine.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

I only just started dying my hair and it took a lot of consideration to find the right color to put over my so-dark-brown-it-looks-black hair. I bought the color called Midnight Ruby, a purplish-red color that is more likely to show up when you're in the light. It's a pleasant subtle change on my hair, however, it bronzes pretty easily. But the more I dye it, the lighter it turns, which I like because it's starting to look more red. I am also in love with the conditioner it comes with.

on 2/13/2012 10:44:00 PM

review for l'oreal feria - desert flower 82

before i colored my hair with this shade i couldn't find any reviews so i figured someone might find this useful.
my natural hair color is light brown, i guess ash brown, though i pull red really easy, my skin is on the warm side, and the color of my eyes too. that said, before this i dyed my hair several times with the lightest ash blonde by loreal preference, and it would always come out as a nice medium beige blonde. as the color was washing out my hair became kind of yellow. anyhow, i figured as desert rose 82 seemed very ashy i'd try it. so my roots were my natural light brown and the rest of my hair (neck length, 1 box was more than enough) was kind of yellowish medium blonde. after the dye the result is a medium beige blonde. so the yellow is gone, but nothing dramatic. the plus is that the color is even all over, my roots are pretty much the same as the rest of my hair. i can't tell that i notice much shimmering. the smell of the dye isn't unbearable, and my hair after isn't extremely dry. i guess if you're hair is lighter blonde the shade will come out closer to that on the box. overall not terrible but nothing special either. will not repurchase.

I used the shade 66 or Very Rich Auburn.

This was my first time using the Feria line from L'Oreal and I was not impressed. My hair had been lifted to a light brown color so I was expecting a nice warm, vibrant red hue. What I ended up with instead was a very dark brown, almost black shade, that turned red-ish in the sun. This isn't that bad for me, because I'm planning on going black soon anyway but for anyone looking to have a bright red color, this is not the drugstore dye to do the job!

Perhaps I left it on for too long, or I mixed it in a bowl with a brush rather than use the pointed applicator tool and bottle, or I just hadn't lightened my hair enough, but this isn't the dye for me.

I don't plan on purchasing this dye again any time soon, perhaps I'll try a different color, like their jet black with blue hues, but only if I'm in the right mood.

Not true to box color, not even close, actually, but that's what I get for using a drugstore box dye.

At least I'm happy with the results, even if it is rather dark.

on 2/10/2012 9:37:00 PM

I bought 2 bottles of the color Starry Night and it was more than enough for my hair. I've dyed my hair before so i knew what i was doing.

When it was done my hair was jet black, not soft black like i expected.

I was really upset but i figured it would fade. It did, A LOT. In about 2 washes most of the color was gone and i was left with splotchy brown and soft black hair. It looked really awful and the hair dye smell stuck to my hair for almost a month.

I just left it for almost two months because i was scared to try to fix it at home and it's still splotchy and my roots are grown out and it's just awful. Now i have to pay 70 dollars to get it fixed at a salon.

This is the worst hair dye i've ever used.

on 2/9/2012 8:31:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Dark, Warm

Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse

I tries Feria Extra Bleached Blonde to try and lift the ash brown in my hair to a blonde. Instead if made my hair bright orange. Not only that but I had to put the air conditioning on and still could hardly breath because of the fumes from the product. It worked fast but within 10 minutes my hair felt and looked fried. I was glad I had cropped hair that I can shave off and start over. I can't imagine the damage it would do to longer hair.
You get a lot of product but i'd rather it went on the actual hair dye than the conditioner they include. If you have really short hair you can use this twice though. I used it once and for $12 it's way over priced for the damage it does.

I got hooked on the Feria color Hot Toffee, and they pulled it from every store shelf in the Greater Pittsburgh area! I was absolutely livid! I used to get compliments on my hair every time I went out. I was some shade of blonde for 20 years, then decided it was time to go darker because the blonde started to look fake and tacky on my skin tone. I found this light brown/coppery shade and loved it! I loved the smell - compared to the Les Blondisemmes I had used for years - this stuff smelled like wine! It always colored completely - and even for my long hair I only needed one box. It left my hair shiny, soft and manageable every time. When I would get my hair cut, the stylist always was impressed at the texture and quality of my hair. Never straw-like and dried out. My hair seemed to love it. I used it for almost two years when the lovely marketing experts at L'Oreal decided that color wasn't selling enough in our area of the country and decided to discontinue it. I called L'Oreal and asked them if it was still available or was it discontinued, and I was assured it was still for sale and would be around for a long time. WRONG! To make a long story short, I now pay five times that amount to have my hair dyed the exact same color as it was. I would let my hair go natural if I could, but I went prematurely gray in my 30's, so this is not an option. Thanks, L'Oreal, for all your wonderful help - not!