Lancome Blush Subtil Shimmer - Miel Glace 23

4.5

on 2/11/2009 12:15:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

Hair: Red, Straight, Medium

Ok, so basically I picked this up because I wanted to get a really cute Lancome GWP my counter was offeriing. I had read reviews here on how gorgeous this was and the price was exactly what I needed to score the gift. I must say I was very pleasantly surprised when I applied this and saw what a beautiful natural glow it gave to my cheeks. This looks ho-hum in the pan, but make your cheeks wonderfully glowy in a "hey, this is how I wake up every day of my life" kind of way. A fairly generous amount of product for $29.50 USD. Definitely a good "standard" blush to have in your stash, I have seen this blush word on a variety of skin tones, from very pale to tawny, it seems to just make compliment each one.

on 1/26/2009 2:09:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Other, Fine

This is no. 23 in the "Blush Subtil Shimmer" range.

Just adding my "oooh" to all the "aaahs" here. Truly wondrous on the very pale of skin, very lightly freckled, and red-haired. My trusty Clinique Aglow let me down - turned orange on me - and I can't wear second favourite, Aveda Apricot Glow, for more than a few hours without some irritation starting up. So I turned to the good people of MUA for help in finding a new everyday YBB blusher.

Miel Glacé looks quietly beige in the pan, applies like a dream, and looks like a hint of natural colour once on the face: a delicate pink-beige-peach. Less of the peachy-orange and brownish-mud than in many blushers that are half-way to a bronzer (ex. Clinique Aglow before it turned on me). Light, slightly glimmery, but no discernible glitter and certainly none of those glittery sparkly bits. Very slight pleasant rose scent - if you stick your nose close to the pan.

As I've always found with Lancôme so far, zero reactions (and my skin tends to be sensitive). Contains neither talc nor bismuth oxychloride (ci 77163).

100% recommended for the similarly-complexioned: pale blue, cool- to neutral-toned, with the warming elements of slight freckling and red hair. It is a very close second to my current favourite blusher, Clinique Iced Lotus: pale cool pink; easier to apply perfectly fast than the Miel. That's really my slight peeve: the Clinique Blushing Blushes some with a very good brush, the Lancôme brush included is not very good, and it takes quite a lot of finicky swirling and blending and so on to get it on right. My best solution was to use the brush from an old Clinique Aglow. Still working on it, and so the Iced Lotus remains my favourite for sheer ease and speed of application - a no-brainer for mornings before work, when one has no brain - while the Miel is for when I have a little more time for makeup.

Part of the current North American Lancôme range; no longer available in Europe, but it does turn up on eBay fairly regularly. I happened to get one here in Dublin as some pharmacies have been getting rid of their old stock and Christmas gift specials; after hunting in a couple of places, I struck gold, and at 50% off. Well worth hunting down. Lancôme blushers tend to be about EUR 33 to 35 here, for a good-sized 6 g. Nice and solid packaging.

Delighted to see that the company's animal testing policy has been changing progressively over the last few years, some of the products no longer being tested at all at present, and with a view to the new EU legislation coming in.

INGREDIENTS (from the box): PTFE, nylon-12, zinc stearate, calcium aluminum borosilicate, boron nitride, dimethiconol, triisocetyl citrate, trimethylsiloxysilicate, isopropyl titanium triisostearate, acrylates copolymer, cetyl dimethicone, fragrance, isobutylparaben, methylparaben, phenoxyethanol, propylparaben, ethylparaben, butylparaben [± red 36 (ci 12085) - red 6 (ci 15850) - red 7 (ci 15850) - yellow 5 lake (ci 19140) - blue 1 lake (ci 42090) - red 21 (ci 45380) - red 30 (ci 73360) - carmine (ci 75470) - ultramarines (ci 77007) - barium sulfate (ci 77120) - chromium oxide greens (ci 77288) - chromium hydroxide green (ci 77289) - iron oxides (ci 77491, 92, 99) - ferric ferrocyanide (ci 77510) - manganese violet (ci 77742) - titanium dioxide (ci 77891) - zinc oxide (ci 77947) - mica]
continued >>

on 12/26/2008 11:53:00 AM

I use this with Lancome's highlighting brush over a mauve colored blush. It gives a healthy glow when I'm looking tired. There is probably a less expensive brush you could use.

on 12/22/2008 9:13:00 AM

Maybe I'm darker than I thought but this blush is very very sheer and light on my NC30 skin. The other reviews are saying it's a rosey nude, but all I get on my skin is a dewy nude that just slighty emphasizes my natural flush. Nothing wrong with that, it's exactly what I wanted. This is my most natural blush and I love it. The shimmer in it is so finely milled that it glides on. I love the Lancome rose smell. I think this blush is great for a natural look. Will repurchase. It's so hard to find a blush that doesn't turn orange on me.

on 12/12/2008 8:18:00 AM

This color is perfect for someone with my coloring. I use a sheer application all over my face for a sunkissed look. Most bronzers are too dark and orangy for someone as pale as I am. This is perfect. Highly recommend!

on 12/8/2008 7:53:00 PM

i use this blush everyday! it's the perfect color. Miel glace is this warm, nude color that brightens up your face. I love the subtle shimmer that it has, and it works perfectly for my fair complexion. The texture, color, everything is perfect! I use my sonia kashuk blush brush to apply it. I normally don't like cosmetic products that have a perfumed scent, but since this blush doesn't go all over my face i don't mind, and sometimes the scent is nice. love this blush!

on 12/1/2008 4:17:00 AM

Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure

I purchases this after reading all the raves on MUA. I'm a PPP, neutral/cool and this looks muddy on my skin. It looks lovely in the pan but does not work for me. It also has too much shimmer for my liking. Will not repurchase.

on 11/25/2008 2:30:00 PM

If I could have only one item in each category of beauty product, this would be my blush, a really nice, subtle rose color on my pinky-white cheeks. It's a great neutral for travel if you like to carry a limited but versatile selection of products.

on 11/13/2008 1:41:00 PM

This has become an HG blush of mine. I dont particularily like the cheap little brush it comes with, but I can move past that.

This blush may look boring in the pan, but on your cheeks it transforms into a luminous glowy pinkish nude blush. I get many compliments when I wear this blush. I even wear it on top of my other matte blushes if I want a bit of a glow. There is no obvious glitter, only a micro-fine sheen.

on 7/23/2008 7:48:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

I'm NC25 and very yellow - and this blush is heaven. It's a perfect nude. Don't be put off by reviews that say warm and yellow undertones can't wear this because it's absolutely gorgeous. It can be subtle and nude, or applied a little more heavily it's a bronzy/tawny rose with slight shimmer. The quality is superb, very smooth and blends well. It has the typical Lancome rose fragrance but that dissipates once you apply it. Love this when I need a nude blush.

Top Rated Lancome Products