November 28, 2014 | 1035 users online

Self Tanners - L'Oreal - Sublime Bronze

rated 1 of 5 on 4/8/2011 3:01:00 PM More reviews by Dozastroze

Age: 44-55 Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

HORRIBLE product. I used this thinking I would get natural tan results or at best, a nice skin tone in the Winter, instead it came out Orange, streaky just dreadful. The smell is horrific even when I mixed it with my Burt's Bee Baby lotion which is YUM, by the way..... I would never suggest this product- How dare Eva Longoria make us think that her skin color is due to this product..LOL.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/28/2011 8:06:00 PM More reviews by nysq2

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

Gives a rich, dark tan with no streaks, after only one application. But it takes forever to dry and makes me break out severely.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/28/2011 12:41:00 AM More reviews by itscake4me

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I've never had a problem with this self-tanner. I usually use this of Victoria's Secret line of self-tanners. For me, this provides a natural looking color that isn't too dark but still provides a noticeable difference. I don't normally have a problem with uneven areas because I mix this with some body lotion. Doing so does lessen the color a bit, but I'd rather do that than have uneven patches of color. It lasts probably about 3 days before I need to apply again, which I don't really mind since application isn't too difficult. They have a gel formula I believe, along with the original creamy kind. I prefer the cream, because I think it is easier to see when I apply it. This is a tanner I'd repurchase, especially since it doesn't break my wallet.

rated 1 of 5 on 3/27/2011 5:44:00 PM More reviews by RiRiPanda

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I bought this since prom is coming up and need a tan right away. This self-tanner just makes me go !@$%& WORST SELF-TANNER EVER!! SO uneven ,steaks like hell ,not natural looking at all. DONT BUY IT!! It frustrated me so dang much!

rated 3 of 5 on 3/25/2011 10:58:00 AM More reviews by camar097

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This product will give you that fake tan look but it takes a while to dry and the smell does not go away. It does not moisterize well. It will also leave obvious orange marks in certain places if you do not blend it well. I tan several times a week and thought this would help me maintain my glow but it the smell and orange look are not worth it for me. I would not purchase again unless there was no other tanner available.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/23/2011 7:44:00 PM More reviews by blondebohemian

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I have been using this off and on throughout the years. I am absolutely obsessed with a deep dark tan. However, I am afraid of the damage tanning is doing to my skin, so I'm cutting down tanning beds and using a lot more self tanner.

First off, I would never put this on my face. I use Clarins gel for my face.

For my body, I usually apply this after exfoliating in the shower. Then I apply a thin coat of moisturizer, and then a thin coat of Sublime. I don't use gloves, but I do scrub my hands immediately after I'm done applying. I've never had a problem with this staining my hands or nails. I usually apply it at night because this self tanner makes me look like a disco ball. Yikes. Too much glitter! Unless you are on a tropical beach, heading off to a romantic candle light dinner with your boy toy, this much glitter is not appropriate for the daytime and is a bit frightening. Apply this at night, sleep on it, and shower in the morning. Then you will have perfect color without the obnoxious amount of glitter! I haven't had any problems with this staining my clothes, but I did find a small amount of glitter on my black bra.

Otherwise, this product is pretty long lasting. I simply just apply moisturizer every morning to prolong it. It lasts about 5 days before fading and getting patchy. The color is dark and natural.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/13/2011 4:19:00 AM More reviews by sammysw33theart

I don't get any of the negative reviews! This is my first self tanner and I love it! I have the deep shade because I have naturally tanned skin so I can handle dark dark bronze. The only thing that's Orange is my palms, so ill be wearing gloves next time. I look like I went on vacation; not one streak I love the shimmer and the smell goes away after it dries (and it dries fast). I would rather a pump though I'm constantly opening and closing the top. I love this

rated 4 of 5 on 1/29/2011 11:44:00 AM More reviews by JollyGood

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This was my first time using a self tanner. I went online to find out how to prepare. I exfoliated and moisturized well for at least two days before I touched my skin with any self tanner. Anyone looking into self tanning should prepare for it first.
My stepmom pointed it out to me on the shelf, so I decided to try it. It's nice because you can see where you've already put it on. I really like how its turning out. I've used it three times and I'm already darker. It comes gradually, but I wouldn't want to be totally white one day and suddenly dark the next. That would be very strange. It is a little sticky and shimmery, but I put it on at night, so it doesn't really bother me. If I let it dry completely, it doesn't stain a white shirt at all, and then I rinse off the glitter in the morning.
I used some on my face, and it is a little yellowish, but I have naturally pinkish skin anyway, so it balances out nicely. It seems to work faster on my face, so I only apply that every other night. It hasn't made me break out or streaked badly.
It stained my palms badly the first time, but then I used rubber gloves to apply and it worked perfectly! I'll use this whole bottle and maybe try something else, but I would definitely recommend this product.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/29/2011 2:53:00 AM More reviews by Bjet

This is a very shimmery glittery self-tanner. I apply self tanner at night so this does not bug me and you can easily shower it off in the morning. This really instantly gives you a hint of color (and glitter) and it tans beautifully. My favorite thing about this self tanner is how fast the colour develops. The initial application gives you a slight glow and after applying it for the second time I'm already a shade darker. However i took one lippy off because this tanner streaks easily and the formula is very liquidy so you can easily spill if you're not careful. The self tanner does feel a little sticky when you first apply (which is why i recommend applying at night and wake up in the morning to shower) but I can get pass that. This does not smell repulsive to me. TO me it sorta smells like caramel..I would buy this again because out of all the self tanners I've tried this is pretty darn close to an HG!

rated 3 of 5 on 1/18/2011 2:32:00 PM More reviews by nolamama10

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

so far, i like the color it gives me on my medium olive skin but could do without the tiny glitter/shimmer. its good to use for going out or something but i really dont need glitter all over me when im picking my daughter up from school...so i dont like it for everyday use. something more subtle would be better.