Maybelline Volum Express Mascara

3.6

on 6/15/2010 4:45:00 AM

Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I have medium length, straight, fine and not-full-but-not-sparse-either lashes and sensitive eyes. I wanted some volume with the mascara but it didnt do much for me. Didnt irritate my sensitive eyes, coats my lashes nicely but thats about it.

I LOOOVE THIS MASCARA.
no other mascara can do what this one does! it's absolutely incredible for the BOTTOM lashes..i don't particularly like it for my top lashes (rimmel sexy curves or cg lashblast does a better job) but it's still perfect if you aren't a fan of wearing eyeliner in your waterline during the day but you still want a little somethin somethin on your bottom lashes. most mascaras make my bottom lashes look spidery..and that is the worst possible thing, i'd rather wearing no mascara than have spidery lashes!
another thing... i've had the same tube for about a year (i know not very sanitary to use the same mascara for a year) but it has not dried up and the formula hasn't changed one bit.

on 4/16/2010 12:26:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

WOW is all i can say. Since my friend introduced me to this mascara about 6 years ago, I have not changed it. This is the best mascara I have ever tried. I always get compliments on my eyes ( i have big almond eyes). Everyone always asks if im wearing fake lashes!!! Although my lashes are light brown and blondish at the tip this mascara does a great job at touching each strand adn coating it perfectly. I saw below how some people were not successful. This mascara is probably not for people that have short lashes. IDK. all i nkow is that i have a technique to apply my mascara, it always makes my lashes look longer than they are ( i already have long lashes). The trick is on HOW you apply the mascara. A trick ive been using for years. FOr the price I am very happy and will never change my mascara. It also lasts for months! i ibelieve the longest ive kept mine was for 4 months. It was still good but I decided to toss it out for sanitary purposes. Anyways I would personally recommend this product. Its not that expensive to give it a try! I am very satisfied with my lashes . I will post some pictures on my profile for you to see!!!

on 4/8/2010 5:47:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

My short and thin lashes did not even do anything with this. On my friend looks amazing on her.

on 3/28/2010 10:17:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure

I have used this Mascara since I started wearing makeup 12 years ago and I have tried other products because I love experimenting but ALWAYS end up back using VOLUM! It is amazing...And by the end of the day it looks like you just put it on!

on 3/26/2010 1:11:00 AM

Skin: Other, Olive, Not Sure

This mascara is pretty mediocre nothing special gives a little volume not so much definition. Its definately not something I will buy again!

on 3/24/2010 11:48:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I thought this was too clumpy. Way too much mascara comes out on the brush for me. I will stick to full & soft by maybelline.

on 3/24/2010 11:32:00 AM

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I love this mascara, It fills up my lashs without any clumping or flaking. I use this for a more natural look whenever I go out to the beach or something. :P

love it, and will buy it again!

Volume Express (and Volume Express turbo) are Maybelline's best volumising mascaras - hands down. I love the cute packaging and the easy comfortable way that I can hold the brush (sort of like when you're writing with the perfect pen). My lashes look big n bold n beautiful and I have to say that for a quarter of the price of Chanel, Dior and Lancome, it does an excellent job at achieving the "dramatic lash" effect (but not YSL, YSL is in a league of its own :)

Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

I exchanged the colossal to get this and so far so good. It really makes my lashes bigger and thicker. I only apply to my top lashes though because when I did it to my bottom, I noticed it smeared a bit.

I think for drugstore mascaras its worth a try especially if you already have long lashes and you just want volume.