Maybelline Volum Express Mascara

3.6

on 4/16/2010 12:26:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

WOW is all i can say. Since my friend introduced me to this mascara about 6 years ago, I have not changed it. This is the best mascara I have ever tried. I always get compliments on my eyes ( i have big almond eyes). Everyone always asks if im wearing fake lashes!!! Although my lashes are light brown and blondish at the tip this mascara does a great job at touching each strand adn coating it perfectly. I saw below how some people were not successful. This mascara is probably not for people that have short lashes. IDK. all i nkow is that i have a technique to apply my mascara, it always makes my lashes look longer than they are ( i already have long lashes). The trick is on HOW you apply the mascara. A trick ive been using for years. FOr the price I am very happy and will never change my mascara. It also lasts for months! i ibelieve the longest ive kept mine was for 4 months. It was still good but I decided to toss it out for sanitary purposes. Anyways I would personally recommend this product. Its not that expensive to give it a try! I am very satisfied with my lashes . I will post some pictures on my profile for you to see!!!

on 4/8/2010 5:47:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

My short and thin lashes did not even do anything with this. On my friend looks amazing on her.

on 3/28/2010 10:17:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure

I have used this Mascara since I started wearing makeup 12 years ago and I have tried other products because I love experimenting but ALWAYS end up back using VOLUM! It is amazing...And by the end of the day it looks like you just put it on!

on 3/26/2010 1:11:00 AM

Skin: Other, Olive, Not Sure

This mascara is pretty mediocre nothing special gives a little volume not so much definition. Its definately not something I will buy again!

on 3/24/2010 11:48:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I thought this was too clumpy. Way too much mascara comes out on the brush for me. I will stick to full & soft by maybelline.

on 3/24/2010 11:32:00 AM

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I love this mascara, It fills up my lashs without any clumping or flaking. I use this for a more natural look whenever I go out to the beach or something. :P

love it, and will buy it again!

Volume Express (and Volume Express turbo) are Maybelline's best volumising mascaras - hands down. I love the cute packaging and the easy comfortable way that I can hold the brush (sort of like when you're writing with the perfect pen). My lashes look big n bold n beautiful and I have to say that for a quarter of the price of Chanel, Dior and Lancome, it does an excellent job at achieving the "dramatic lash" effect (but not YSL, YSL is in a league of its own :)

Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

I exchanged the colossal to get this and so far so good. It really makes my lashes bigger and thicker. I only apply to my top lashes though because when I did it to my bottom, I noticed it smeared a bit.

I think for drugstore mascaras its worth a try especially if you already have long lashes and you just want volume.

on 2/19/2010 7:35:00 PM

wow i actually had no idea how much everyone else loved this mascara, although i too can't fault it. i only bought it because i was in desperate need of a mascara and i had hardly any money.. i think it was 4.99?! i have now had it for maybe 3 or 4 months now and i still havent ran out, even though i use alottt of mascara. i have decided to buy colossal maybelline mascara though now because i want even more volume. i am beginning to find that this mascara brush is collecting too much mascara though so i need to wipe some off the sides.. so its probably about timei got a new one anyway?
overall, pretty good, nearly never clumps, and pretty voluminous :)

on 1/30/2010 9:08:00 AM

I have shorter eyelashes, and I have used tons of Mascara (Max Factor Great Lash does NOTHING for me). And I have also used Maybelline Full N' Soft and I really liked that mascara, however I wanted to try something different. After all these commercials I saw on TV I decided to buy it... Luckily when I went to the store it was on sale.

I went home and put it on, It doesn't clump my eyelashes at all, it doesn't flake on my or anything. I really like this one and Maybelline Products seem to always do wonders for me. But this is byfar my favorite mascara so far! I will definitely purchase this again!!!