October 21, 2014 | 1628 users online

Treatments (Face) - Burt's Bees - Herbal Blemish Stick

rated 2 of 5 on 12/11/2010 12:47:00 AM More reviews by luckygreenclover25

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

This product is okay but I don't think I would repurchase. Sometimes it stings a little bit when I put it on, which makes me think it's working. I think it has helped clear my blemishes faster than without using it. I wouldn't recommend wearing it under makeup because it is an oil and your makeup will just slide off. So for that reason I usually apply it before bed. My biggest complaint is the smell. I thought it would smell like tea tree oil but it smells like black licorice (which I can't stand!). The roller ball applicator seems really unsanitary. To avoid bacterial contamination, I roll it on my finger tip, then dab the product on my spot. Also, the bottle tends to leak. I wanted to try something more natural but I think I'll go back to my regular salicylic acid spot treatment after I've used this up.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/26/2010 8:28:00 AM More reviews by sheLoVic

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

it is great for minor break out..help to reduce any pimples and acne..

i like the roller ball because it makes easier to aply..but i also hate it because my dead skin trapped on the roller and bottle..it looks gross!

rated 3 of 5 on 11/9/2010 11:32:00 AM More reviews by kflood854

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Due to stress from work, starting birth control pills etc- I have begun to break out on my neck (ew) and a little on my lower cheek (ew, again). I had a flare up over the weekend (to the point where I had to wear makeup all the time because I was emabrassed!) and was just about to book an appt with the derm to get prescription medication when I decided to come on here and do some research. I had been using Neutrogena Clean Pore Mask/cleanser in one. I guess it was too much for my skin because all it did was make things worse. I'm talking painful breakouts. I had heard that tea tree oil helps improve skin tone and lessen inflamation. So, I went to purchase this product during my lunch yesterday. Right when I got home I washed my face with the achne treatment facewash (Burt's Bees) and followed with this blemish stick. I re-applied it a few times while laying in bed/watching tv. I woke up this morning and the pimples that were there were MUCH lower and there was so much less imflamation!! Of course this will dry out the areas you apply it too (there is peroxide in it, I believe). But, thats okay with me if it gets rid of these breakouts. I am actually excited to go home tonight wash my face and re-apply this treatment again! I saw a difference in one night.....so I am assuming it will get better with time. The smell isn't so bad and is a small price to pay for better skin. The packaging is fine with me too...but i'm not picky.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/29/2010 2:56:00 AM More reviews by jomia23

I love the smell and feel of this product.
But it didn't seem to clear up my zits.
Than again, lately, not even high concentrations of BP or SA do either .

Friggin hormones ... continued >>

rated 1 of 5 on 10/23/2010 4:05:00 PM More reviews by BexiiRolo

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

WORST PRODUCT I HAVE EVER TRIED!! i bought this hoping that it would help with a cystic acne that i cant get rid of, but instead it broke me out worse than i have ever experienced. I woke up the next morning with red patches and small white heads clumped into groups all over my face. they are so itchy and dry and i cant even wear makeup to cover them cause my skin is so uneven now. im hoping they will clear by halloween. please dont go near this stuff

rated 1 of 5 on 10/23/2010 9:43:00 AM More reviews by KathleenNYC

I wanted to love this product, but it didn't do a thing for me. I love many of Burt's Bees lotions and soaps, but...when I replaced it with the Evan Healy blemish stick I was like, OH OKAY, that's what this one is supposed to do! So, no, I won't be buying again.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/8/2010 4:36:00 AM More reviews by blankdreams

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I've had acne for 4 years now. I've tried tons of things. Proactiv, clearasil, clean and clear, you name it...I've tried it. I recently started using clinique 3 step, though. It has been working great for me but I still have those pimples that are hard to get rid of or take a while to get rid of and I really wanted a spot treatment so I bought this one. I've been using it for 4 days now, I put it on at night before I go to bed and keep it on my nightstand and reapply as I lay in bed (it takes me forever to fall asleep). If I'm not doing anything during the day and won't be wearing makeup at all...I put it on periodically throughout the day. I have seen a huge change already! My pimples have gone down in size, and my skin is almost clear. This is huge for me...seeing as I've been struggling with this for years upon years and had almost given up on trying to find something that would work. My mom used this one time, a couple nights ago and is seeing change as well. I love this product!

rated 3 of 5 on 9/26/2010 1:59:00 PM More reviews by MaiTaiMi

I have to saw that this is a very mixed review. While I love Burts Bees this is kind of a mediocre product at best.

The tube it comes in is unhygenic- I worry that rubbing this over a break out and then rubbing somewhere else that is clear will only spread the bacteria and lead to more breakouts. This would be better in a tonic bottle or something.

The smell isn't bad- it is definitely strong and definitely tea tree oil. But it is strong and does burn slightly on skin. Especially if you have and cuts or chapped skin (from a cold or something).

I do feel like this minimizes the size of blemishes quite well over night- at least for me. So I would buy it again just for that.

rated 1 of 5 on 8/25/2010 2:14:00 AM More reviews by ameresh

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Let me start off by saying I love Burt's Bees, big fan of the whole natural/organic line of theirs. I tried this, had high hopes, but it didn't help my breakouts at all. It may work for some people, but I'm not one of them.

rated 2 of 5 on 6/27/2010 12:45:00 AM More reviews by tigerlily1787

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Although I've already purchased this twice, thinking it was working, I've come to the conclusion that the only thing it really does is make my skin smell like tea tree oil and sting like crazy. It burns when you put it on, but after using it at night for weeks, I still haven't noticed a difference. I have combination, sensitive, and acne-prone skin. So far Salicylic Acid and Benzoyl Peroxide have worked the best on my blemishes. I won't waste the $7 on this again.