April 19, 2014 | 1789 users online

Toners - Neutrogena - Alcohol-Free Toner

rated 3 of 5 on 8/25/2011 5:38:00 PM More reviews by crazycoolgurl123

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I would rather say maybe to would you purchase again, because i'm pretty unsure. I don't feel like it does anything particularly fantastic for my skin. The only noticeable difference is that when I look at the cotton ball after i swipe the toner on my face, I can see the residue from my makeup. I don't really like the feeling it leaves behind, kinda sticky feeling. Also, even though it's alcohol free my skin still feels tight after using it. I like my Clinique toner better I think.... I like the tingle. It feels a lot cleaner with that toner, than it does with this one. Now that I think about it, I don't think I would repurchase. Not a fave.

rated 1 of 5 on 8/20/2011 5:07:00 PM More reviews by Dominique1536

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

This burnt my face and left behind a sticky residue, this is the second alcohol-free toner I've tried and had the same results:
*still burns
*more oily
*sticky residue left behind

rated 5 of 5 on 8/20/2011 12:17:00 AM More reviews by MiniAndBoss

I love this toner! I use it after I wash my face with oil cleanser to remove any trace of makeup that I failed to remove with washing. I soak some up with a cotton ball and wipe my face and neck with it to remove makeup residue and dead skin. I love how its super mild and doesn't sting my face one bit. I also like how it has slight moisturizing properties and doesn't leave my face tight or itchy. It doesn't break me out, and its very affordable. I will keep repurchasing this, why change when this works so great?

rated 3 of 5 on 8/12/2011 11:35:00 PM More reviews by aly72324

I was really looking forward to this product because it is alcohol free but it turns out to make my face oily and it leaves some kind of weird residue behind. I really cant see a difference with this product it does nothing for my skin but make it shiny but not the good kind more like oily. I was so sad i thought it would really make my pores smaller:( But the bright side is that my mom would love this she kept on asking me if she can use it and it turns out that my mom has been secretly using it behind my back and her skin looks amazing so at least i didnt buy it for nothing:)

rated 5 of 5 on 8/12/2011 12:23:00 AM More reviews by clarene2121

i love it! its good for teens.. i have dry skin and this toner doesnt make my skin even more dry! it also cleans nicely... after usibg this my face feels clean!

rated 1 of 5 on 8/7/2011 10:25:00 PM More reviews by Randomness1506

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I bought it for my sensitive because it has the same pH as human skin, and when I first used it was great, my skin felt refreshed and not tight at all, but there was a weird kind of residue I could feel on my face... and then a day or two after using it once I broke out in these weird under the skin bumps that kind of hurt... I will never be using this again.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/1/2011 11:13:00 PM More reviews by kellabella94

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine Eyes: Other

I would probably buy this product again. I use it everyday using a cotton sponge. It helps take off excess makeup after I was my face. I also use it in the morning, but sometimes refrain since it can dry out my skin. It's approximately $10.00 but you get a lot of product. Lasts only 1-2 months though. I still recommend it.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/17/2011 5:54:00 PM More reviews by SourPatch77

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This toner is really good. I have combination/oily/sensitive skin. Yeah I know a lot of problems. Anyway I found that all of neutrogena's other toners were way too harsh for my skin but this one is perfect. I only use it in my t-zone since it irritates my cheeks and dries them out a bit. Stupid weird skin but what can I do?! Overall this is a great product and it really does even out skin very nicely.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/15/2011 10:50:00 PM More reviews by MrCelestialSoul

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

The product smells great! (smells like lychee) It cleans my face (literally u can see all the dirt it collected on the cotton pad). i have used it a little over a month and i still have about 95% of the product left in the bottle. I like that it does not have alcohol which is great for sensitive skin. I use about 2-3 light dots on my cotton pad and use it around my face and neck. Leave it on for 1 minute or 2 for you skin to soak it up.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/13/2011 3:19:00 AM More reviews by minqilee

I have been using this product ever since I started using Skincare.

I have naturally oily skin and used to always get breakouts. Finally my doc told me this is because I was doing too many things to my skin --> cleanser for acne, toner, moisturizer, sunblock, makeup base, t-zone treatment then full face makeup.

I didn't believe him when he said my skin will be much better once I just stop what I am doing. Basically he says to NEVER use creams, or moisturizers or liquid makeup (base/foundation). Powder foundation is okay.

Miraculously he was right! I stopped doing everything except cleanse + tone (with this Neutrogena toner) and immediately on to powder foundation (sometimes I cheat a bit with just a few dabs of ZA concealer but that's another darling that hides without harming).

My skin has now restored its natural hydration and balance by itself. It's so simple it's actually kind of unbelievable that all I needed to do from the start was love myself and my face without subjecting it to harsh treatments.

Anyway this toner is perfect, it is super gentle (I don't even swipe, just dab) and for some strange reason it helps to hold on to my powder makeup, so I don't need any kind of base before makeup.