Kerastase Oleo-Relax Masque

4.4

Aqua (Water), Behentrimonium Chloride, Cetearyl Alcohol, Glycerin, Amodimethicone, Potato Starch Modified, Cetyl Esters, Isopropyl Alcohol, Elaeis Guineensis / Elaeis Guineensis Oil, Shorea Robusta / Shorea Robusta Seed Butter, Methylparaben, Trideceth 12, Citric Acid, Chlorhexidine Dihydrochloride, Cetrimonium Chloride, Cl 47005 (Yellow 10), CI 14700 (Red 4), Parfum/Fragrance

on 2/15/2009 4:07:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Medium, Not Sure

I agree with Milena's post. I like this conditioner for its de-frizzing and added softness without any weighing down of the hair. Masq for thick hair is great for adding moisture but this conditioner is better for volume and de-frizz. I also am alternating between the two. It seems to be the best balance for volume and moisture! These products are amazing!

on 1/14/2009 10:00:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Tan, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I own both the Oleo-Relax masque and the Masquintense for thick hair. In my opinion and experience, Masquintense is better for adding moisture and softness while Oleo-Relax is better for defrizzing. I use either one every other week depending on my mood and what I think my hair needs. My hair is bleached, highlighted and lowlighted, medium-long in length (about two inches past my collarbone and a bit longer in the back), and frequently heat-styled. Oleo-Relax masque is an orange-colored gel-cream with a rose scent. I spread a walnut sized amount through my hair, leave it in for about 10-15 minutes and rinse. This makes hair SO smooth, sleek and shiny; it takes down any frizzies and flyaways. I haven't found anything that even compares to this product. Will repurchase.

on 1/14/2009 11:16:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I think this is the most concentrated hair mask of all Kerastase masks I've tried.After I put this on my hair,I can feel right away how this mask transforming my hair into pure silk.Oh Yes,this made my hair so soft,smooth and less frizzy like nothing else in this world,but also made my fine hair so limp at the same time.So I think this mask is to heavy for my hair,but life saver for dry thick haired ladies.You can't go wrong with Kerastase,just pick line wich suites your hair type the best.Even tough I will not repurchase this product again, still has my 4 lippies because It works,just works :P

on 12/19/2008 5:04:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

This was my first foray into Kerastase and converted me to a Kerastage believer. I have thick, heat damaged, straight, frizzy hair, but a weekly treatment with this made a massive and noticeable improvement to the health of my hair. This is not the cheapest hair product out there but it does what it claims and calms my hair into a manageable state. I have converted a frizzy-haired girlfriend to this too…HG status for me.

on 12/14/2008 1:36:00 AM

I have blow dried and flat ironed my curly hair everyday for the last 15 years. So before I found Kerastase, I had dry, unruly hair and split ends. About a year and a half ago, my salon switched to Kerastase. I was amazed by the immediate, noticeable transformation Kerastase products had on my hair! Masque Oleo-Relax was one of the first products I tried. It made my hair smoother, shinier, and easier to straighten. When the Chroma Riche line came out, I tried that masque (along with the shampoo). After a few days of using the Chroma Riche, I had to go back to the Oleo-Relax. I use it as a regular, everyday conditioner. I don't have time to towel dry my hair, then leave it in for 5 minutes. This masque is the best I have tried so far. I have been using it with Ciment Thermique and Fluide Chroma Riche. The three products together are an excellent combination for me. My hair has never looked or felt better!

I just purchased the Bain Oleo-Relax today. The only reason I didn't buy the shampoo sooner is that I wanted to use up a huge bottle of Pureology shampoo first. I am not sure if using the Oleo-Relax shampoo will make a difference since the Masque and other products are already working so well. I will continue to repurchase the Masque. It is pretty expensive but I cannot live without it! I definitely recommend trying it.

on 12/7/2008 3:02:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure

My hair type: thick and chemically processed (regular chemical straightening, black henna permanent dye - both salon based) with coarse texture.

I used this treatment once a week for 10 minutes.

Pros:
- divine scent, a bit like Calvin Klein's Escape - bringing back memories of the 90s and Christy Turlington and my life as uni student on a budget
- very moisturizing
- rinses out easily

Cons:
- is a but pricy
- probably not as good as my beloved Aesop hair mask in terms of improving the actual condition of my hair. Aesop can make my hair feel salon silky and strong in the way of Pantene ads but sans build up.

on 11/20/2008 1:06:00 AM

this product along with the Oleo-relax shampoo and elixir together with ciment thermique have transformed my hair !. I do not use it daily but as a deep sonditioner once a week. I apply a walnut sized glob on my freshly shampooed hair and pop on a shower cap while I go have a cup of tea. fifteen minutes later I rinse it out, apply the ciment thermique, a couple pumps of the elixir and blow dry my hair.

My formerly dry and frizzie hair is soft and pliant, like it was 10 years old.

It may be expensive but since I'm only using it once a week the tub lasts me for a good time - at least 3 months. this is not a conditioner like others, it is a treatment and it takes time - so put it on your hair, wrap it up, sit down and have a cup f tea and let it work its magic for you

on 11/9/2008 4:18:00 PM

I wish I didn't like this conditioner as much as I do because it is expensive! I can use other conditioners and my hair is okay, but with this I have great hair. My hair is fine-medium texture, but I have a lot of it. It's is down to about my waist and has been colored/highlighted to within an inch of its life. This conditioner makes my hair silky and shiny like no other conditioner can. I recommend leaving it in overnight if you can. Love the smell too!

on 10/28/2008 4:26:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure

A couple of years ago, I went a little crazy and bought 3 of these in one shot. I finally ran out this year and haven't found anything cheaper to replace it. The tubs are quite pricey, but in a way very very worth it. Even compared to my great standby Feria Conditioner, this thing outdoes any other cream conditioner/treatment I've used. It instantly detangles my rat's nest (believe me, I've done side-by-side comparisons with other intensive hair conditioners), and my hair looks and feels great the rest of the day. I am a little annoyed at the packaging because of the little inner lid that makes things a little tricky for me in the shower when I'm already holding the tub and the outer lid, and then I have to pick up the inner lid and manage to scoop out the product. I would much prefer this in a pump. I imagine I could have just done that myself, but I would like to think it could just come like that instead of me having to make modifications after the fact. This mask combined with the Aqua Oleum treatment is just insane. If I ever have a special event coming up that requires my hair to be tip top, I will certainly repurchase both.

on 10/18/2008 12:30:00 AM

Love it, love it, love it! I have damaged, high-lighted hair, but this stuff really makes it soft. The tub style doesn't bother me... I actually put a small amount in a smaller "travel size" pot. I guess even if I found the tub less than perfect, I'd continue to use this great product!

Top Rated Kerastase Products