The Body Shop Lip Butter

2.8

Not tested on animals
The Body Shop is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

i got this product on boxing day for $6. which is 2 dollars off. i was really excited about this product because it smells sooo good, it's divine. some of the other review on this says that this stuff dries out their lips, however while it doesn't dry out my lips, it doesn't moisturize my lips very well. and even though i really really love and adore how great this stuff smells, i will not repurchase it again, because there is no point if it does not moisturize my lips, and it's very expensive also. the packaging is very cute but unsanitary. i bought 2 of these at the time, and i wonder what i was thinking...buying 2...it's not worth it at all. but then i will definitely use it up, just for how good it smells

so i overall, i would not recommend this product, even though it smells good, there are other good scent products that will actually moisturize your lips for less money.

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium

passionfruit smells really nice. but other than that, i find it not moisturizing enough. >_< my lips still get dry and the lipbalm leaves a whitish cast on my lips when it dries. and it's a bit pricey.

on 12/29/2007 9:58:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

The Body Shop's lip products are usually really good, but this one was really disappointing. My lips turn dry and CRUSTY like ten minutes after I've applied this and I usually have lips that barely ever go dry. They smell really good, but come in a messy packaging. You have to dip your fingers in it.

Try their hemp lip protector or vitamin e chap stick instead.

on 9/21/2007 7:34:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Okay, I've tried 2 types. Born lippy and the lip butter, the mango type I think. Both products dry my lips even more. And I just hate it that they give me sore throat (you know how sometimes we eat, drink or lick our lips and you end up swallowing a tiny bit of it). I never get that from Zoya Hot Lips, my current HG lip gloss/balm. Not impressed with results, expensive, never again.

Despite some great products that the Body Shop produces, the Lip Butters completely SUCK. They do not moisturize your lips at all. If anything, my lips feel even dryer after I apply the lip butters. They smell pretty good, but so do a lot of other things. I don't put stuff on my lips for the sake of having nice smelling lips. I want soft lips. I would never waste my money on this crap again.

on 8/27/2007 1:48:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I bought the shea lip butter and am unimpressed. The product has a creamy consistency and doesn't exactly disappear on your lips.. it leaves a strange white cast. As far as moisturizing goes, this is mediocre at best. It soaks in quickly and doesn't leave lips feeling very moisturized. It smells good, but tastes like chemicals. On the up side, I like the pot packaging!

on 8/12/2007 7:42:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

I bought this lip balm in "passion fruit", at 5 it is more expensive than most lip butters/ balms that usually come in at less than 3 on the high street, but i think that it is worth it. The lip butter glides on, it is not sticky or gunky but moisturising and plumping. Most plumping lip glosses are twice the price of this, and i feel that it does the job better, even though it doesnt say anything on the packaging of this lip butter about plumping haha. The only downside, is that if you are one of those people who feel the need to lick their lips after putting on lip gloss or balm, this product is not for you. It smells gorgeous, but tastes...well of moisturiser which i wasnt really expecting! I will definately buy this again anyway, it lasts ages as well.

on 5/12/2007 10:27:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I got so excited about this because I love their body butter line. IT looks just like the body butter, smells just like the body butter but it is greasy as heck.

Did not care for it. I would not be able to wear this during the day because it is just very greasy. Grease is NOT moisture and I do not think it is doing anything for my lips other then covering them in grease.

I would not repurchase this.

I had high expectations for the lip butters, since I love their body butter equivalents. Sad to say, I was very disappointed. Though I loved the fact that they look like mini body butters and looked very cute indeed, and the fragrances/flavors are to die for, they did not do much to moisturize my lips. I still prefer their Vitamin E lip balm in stick form, which is effective but boring (it being flavor-less). Wouldn't repurchase even if they came up with new flavors.

on 3/7/2007 10:57:00 AM

I have the new pink grapefruit flavor which has a strong citrusy sweet scent that I really like. The product itself has a light, creamy texture that doesn't last all that long, so need to reapply every hour or so. Add to that, it has this milky shade that is not suitable to layer with color, so this is relegated to when I am out walking and jogging or at home. Setting all that aside, no other product moisturizes my lips quite as well after about two weeks when I apply it continuously. I also like the papaya.

Popular Lip Treatments