December 18, 2014 | 1089 users online

Lip Treatments - The Body Shop - Lip Butter

rated 1 of 5 on 12/29/2007 9:58:00 AM More reviews by tekanne

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

The Body Shop's lip products are usually really good, but this one was really disappointing. My lips turn dry and CRUSTY like ten minutes after I've applied this and I usually have lips that barely ever go dry. They smell really good, but come in a messy packaging. You have to dip your fingers in it.

Try their hemp lip protector or vitamin e chap stick instead.

rated 1 of 5 on 9/21/2007 7:34:00 PM More reviews by Chucky76

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Okay, I've tried 2 types. Born lippy and the lip butter, the mango type I think. Both products dry my lips even more. And I just hate it that they give me sore throat (you know how sometimes we eat, drink or lick our lips and you end up swallowing a tiny bit of it). I never get that from Zoya Hot Lips, my current HG lip gloss/balm. Not impressed with results, expensive, never again.

rated 1 of 5 on 9/14/2007 2:09:00 PM More reviews by dysphoricmango

Despite some great products that the Body Shop produces, the Lip Butters completely SUCK. They do not moisturize your lips at all. If anything, my lips feel even dryer after I apply the lip butters. They smell pretty good, but so do a lot of other things. I don't put stuff on my lips for the sake of having nice smelling lips. I want soft lips. I would never waste my money on this crap again.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/27/2007 1:48:00 AM More reviews by Oboechic08

I bought the shea lip butter and am unimpressed. The product has a creamy consistency and doesn't exactly disappear on your lips.. it leaves a strange white cast. As far as moisturizing goes, this is mediocre at best. It soaks in quickly and doesn't leave lips feeling very moisturized. It smells good, but tastes like chemicals. On the up side, I like the pot packaging!

rated 4 of 5 on 8/12/2007 7:42:00 AM More reviews by lizzy2306

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I bought this lip balm in "passion fruit", at 5 it is more expensive than most lip butters/ balms that usually come in at less than 3 on the high street, but i think that it is worth it. The lip butter glides on, it is not sticky or gunky but moisturising and plumping. Most plumping lip glosses are twice the price of this, and i feel that it does the job better, even though it doesnt say anything on the packaging of this lip butter about plumping haha. The only downside, is that if you are one of those people who feel the need to lick their lips after putting on lip gloss or balm, this product is not for you. It smells gorgeous, but tastes...well of moisturiser which i wasnt really expecting! I will definately buy this again anyway, it lasts ages as well.

rated 2 of 5 on 5/12/2007 10:27:00 PM More reviews by crazyskin

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I got so excited about this because I love their body butter line. IT looks just like the body butter, smells just like the body butter but it is greasy as heck.

Did not care for it. I would not be able to wear this during the day because it is just very greasy. Grease is NOT moisture and I do not think it is doing anything for my lips other then covering them in grease.

I would not repurchase this.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 4/2/2007 6:24:00 AM More reviews by belle_in_pink

I had high expectations for the lip butters, since I love their body butter equivalents. Sad to say, I was very disappointed. Though I loved the fact that they look like mini body butters and looked very cute indeed, and the fragrances/flavors are to die for, they did not do much to moisturize my lips. I still prefer their Vitamin E lip balm in stick form, which is effective but boring (it being flavor-less). Wouldn't repurchase even if they came up with new flavors.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/7/2007 10:57:00 AM More reviews by dbriones

I have the new pink grapefruit flavor which has a strong citrusy sweet scent that I really like. The product itself has a light, creamy texture that doesn't last all that long, so need to reapply every hour or so. Add to that, it has this milky shade that is not suitable to layer with color, so this is relegated to when I am out walking and jogging or at home. Setting all that aside, no other product moisturizes my lips quite as well after about two weeks when I apply it continuously. I also like the papaya.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 2/19/2007 9:29:00 PM More reviews by Gracious_Lady

The Body Shop lip butters only provide temporary moisturization on my lips. I expect more from the Body Shop, so I am very disappointed. I'll stick with Burt's Bees Beeswax Lip Balm.

rated 1 of 5 on 1/10/2007 4:15:00 PM More reviews by lauramaccarthy

I have the mango flavor. Too strong and didn't really moisturize. Not working for me.