April 18, 2014 | 1910 users online

Concealers - TheBalm - Time Balm

rated 3 of 5 on 8/4/2011 2:21:00 AM More reviews by okuko

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

It's a nice consitency, creamy but not too soft. I use it under the eyes and for concealing here and there. It's a good concealer, but nothing out of this world. Staying power could be a little longer I think.
Theprice is good and it will probably last me for a long time, since it's quite pigmented and the pot is big too.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/2/2011 8:36:00 PM More reviews by jennabear131

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

i really like this product! i use it to cover my dark undereye circles and some spots on my face. i first put on my foundation (revlon colorstay in ivory) and then put the concealer (in lighter than light) over that on my circles and spots. my skin looks perfect! this concealer does tend to crease but i havent found a concealer yet that doesnt so whatever! i am definitely going to repurchase but i think that the colour i have is to light for me in the summer so i might buy it in light as well

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/14/2011 2:08:00 PM More reviews by claragonz

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This concealer comes next to my cinema secrets foundation (in a pot), which i use as concealer. I think cinema secrets is a bit more pigmented and a bit thicker. I like them both. That being said, time balm works really well in hiding redness around the nose and is also creamy enough to where you won't tug the under eye area. It also blends well with my powder foundation no white cast or dark shadow underneath the eye area. . Makes a big difference in making me look like i have perfect skin.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/12/2011 9:50:00 AM More reviews by calamityjane85

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

waited on reviewing this for a while, been using steady for a few months.

i dont think i will repurchase for the following reasons....

it wears off easily on me
not good for gals with serious undereye issues.

its a good color match and the consistency is nice, but it just doesnt meet my expectations of a hg concealer at all. not that i have been on the quest, but i think there are others out there who would meet my expectations better.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 6/30/2011 2:36:00 AM More reviews by gioja

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I ordered this without having tried it on my skin before, just because of the good reviews, even if I suspected that it wouldn’t be covering enough for me, as every other cream concealer until now. And in fact this wasn’t good enough for me as it gives just a sheer coverage and if I use too much in order to cover the dark circles, after a while it migrates and emphasize fine lines around my eyes. But, in the attempt to justify that It wasn’t a completely waste of money, I sometimes use it as foundation. In fact if I apply it with a soft sponge spreading small amounts on the whole face it doesn’t set in my little lines and looks flawless and very natural. Good coverage, slightly mattyfying, with a natural glow but not long lasting enough and for this reason I can use it only on those days when my skin is particularly dry and needs some extra pampering. I’ll keep hiding my dark circles with the Shiseido Corrector Pencil as I do since almost 20 years, as this is the best and most natural looking and long lasting corrector I have ever used.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 on 6/25/2011 12:24:00 PM More reviews by gint518

Age: 44-55 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I ordered in the lightest color- Lighter than Light- and it was still waaaayy too dark for me. Too orange too. Looked nothing like the color shown on Sephora.com.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/24/2011 6:11:00 PM More reviews by makeitadouble

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

After trying dozens of concealers that all promise to be the best, I'm ready to declare this one my Holy Grail. I keep getting sucked in to sales pitches and claims of greatness, but I always come back to this product. I'm done...there is no better concealer out there IMO. It's creamy enough w/o being slippery/shiny, the coverage is great, and it doesn't settle in lines. And, it lasts a looong time, which makes it a great value as well. Highly recommend it for anyone who has been searching for years like I had.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/24/2011 1:23:00 PM More reviews by iberian

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Excellent concealer. I'm NC20-25 and use Light, it's a very good match. I have bags under my eyes and this camouflages them well. My skin is normal-to-dry. This does not crease and it holds up in humid weather. In drier weather, it also holds up well without getting cakey. The clincher for me is the formula - it's a 'dryish' cream, so it glides on without tons of slip, therefore it sticks to skin better than most yet it doesn't settle into my fine lines at all. I used to use Erase Paste but this formula is so much better - and it sort of 'brightens' the eye area. I usually use TFSI underneath and a bit of setting powder, but even on bare skin it still works well. Also excellent on my lids to even out the discoloration, and for small spot concealing on blemishes.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/21/2011 5:35:00 AM More reviews by sputnik

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is my little pot of photoshop.
I'll get the negative stuff out of the way and say my piece about the packaging. Yes, the screw top is annoying because if you're not paying attention, it doesn't close 'perfectly aligned'...and that joke of a sponge really has no business of being there because it just gets in the way of this amazing product.
I tried this because I broke out from using MAC's studio finish. This product conceals redness, acne scars (yes, the ones that I got from using mac, boo!), and undereye circles beautifully.
It's so easy to use, I apply it with a concealer brush (the body shop makes a good one) and I dab it with clean fingers to warm up the product to blend. The concealer disappears on my skin-- along with the blemishes it covers-- it doesn't oxidize on me, and I don't get any of that unattractive flaking either. The light medium shade matches my skin perfectly; not too pink, not too yellow.
Apart from the packaging, my only other wish for this product's improvement is on its staying power. It's easy enough to reapply, but I wish I didn't have to. It stays on my combination/oily skin for about 3 hours max. in humid conditions-- ok, maybe it's not too bad.
Try it, you might like it.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/19/2011 2:58:00 AM More reviews by lovespugs

I purchased this in "lighter than light". What a magnificent job this concealer does! I have tried so many concealers and they have ranged from terrible to OK. I have been looking for a concealer that will moisturise and also brighten the undereye area a little. I do not have heavy duty concealing to be done, but I do not want fine lines accentuated. This concealer genuinely delivers what it promises which is to be a moisturising concealer. My under eye area looks bright and fresh. The texture is paste-like in the container, but goes on very smoothly and is so easy to work with. For the under eye area, I apply it with my fingers and them blend it with a slightly damp sea sponge. If I am using it on other areas of my face (which thankfully is rarely), I will apply with my fingers and then dab and blend until I get the result I want. I use this in conjunction with Balm Shelter Tinted Moisturiser and for now, I have my HG foundation and concealer!