November 24, 2014 | 924 users online

Concealers - TheBalm - TimeBalm Concealer

rated 2 of 5 on 2/13/2012 3:49:00 PM More reviews by Liddy

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I'd feel a whole lot better about this product if it did not have talc in it. And since it is listed third on the ingredients list, there must be a whole lot of it in the formula. Talc dries out the skin and causes the product to crease and wear off more quickly. It's a decent concealer on the whole but I would definitely NOT ever sleep in it! This is no nightime eye cream no matter what this company tell you. Talc is not in eye creams for a reason!

5 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 on 1/29/2012 5:43:00 PM More reviews by Veropie

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

Upon first applying the product it did seem to cover but wouldn't work into the skin as it should, unless you plan on tugging or pulling or using that wretched sponge it comes with and we all know that the eye area should not be manhandled. It begins to crease rather quickly and requires constant checking and patting in order to remove the creasing that inevitably happens throughout the day. I agree with another reviewer in that the thing I find most offensive is this ridiculous claim that you can "apply before bed to fight wrinkles while you sleep." Firstly, if you look at the ingredients it is full of things I don't really want on my face during the day let alone at night while I'm sleeping. Secondly, it is irresponsible of any company to suggest that you sleep with any makeup products on. Even the truly natural/organic brands would never suggest that and the fact that they suggest that this chemical laden stuff should be absorbed by my skin overnight is truly ridiculous and even somewhat offensive.
It is most definitely expensive and overpriced, especially since it simply doesn't live up to any of its claims and/or hype.
Packaging is so-so, nothing special and at least you can see the color but I absolutely hate that worthless sponge it comes with.
I will definitely never be purchasing this again and I hope that my review, along with others, will prevent others from wasting their money on this as well. If you really want to try this out and see if it works for you please purchase from somewhere with a great return policy so that you can return it if it doesn't work for you. Also, if you truly like the idea of an undereye concealer that is also a treatment for the undereye area (and I absolutely do) then I highly recommend afterglow cosmetics organic triple eye treatment; a truly phenomenal product that is my hg undereye concealer. :)

5 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 1/19/2012 6:19:00 PM More reviews by lankika

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Black

I have this concealer in shade Medium, which is listed as being for olive/tan skintones. It works well now with my winter skin color but will be too light to be of use during my summer tan.

Although the concealer feels very light, it gives full-coverage. I tossed the sponge and found my fingers to be the best. Itís a bit too pinkish for my golden skintone, so I use a yellow color corrector (Paul Dorf Camouflage) underneath the concealer for under-eye darkness. Although the color isnít an exact match, it blends in well without feeling heavy/cakey. So far it hasn't creased under the eyes and it covered up hyperpigmentation decently.

I do wish theBalm carried much more shades, since their darkest shade (Medium/Dark) is too pinkish for my summer skintone, and is barely dark enough for most people. (My constant frustration with cosmetic brands not taking into consideration that people with darker complexions also do want makeup/foundation to match them!)

rated 3 of 5 on 1/18/2012 12:59:00 PM More reviews by shine4739

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Its okay for medium dark circles. it has a pinkish undertone and slightly neutralizes dark circles but cannot cover them fully. i dont use it for the rest of my face due to its pinky undertone which looks unnatural on my pale, slighty yellow-toned skin. the texture is good, doesnt not look cakey but does not stay on oily skin and tends to set in the fine lines around the eyes

rated 5 of 5 on 1/13/2012 1:27:00 PM More reviews by xwhereswaldo

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I really like this product for concealing under my eyes. I just tap my finger into the pot, you need a really little amount. I have dry skin and it doesn't accentuate it or cause flaking, it doesn't crease on me either, I do put my setting powder over it as well though.

I have it in Lighter than Light (I'm NW20/MUFE 115). I like that it has a salmony undertone, perfect for under your eyes. I do also use it for redness and acne scarring.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/9/2012 10:06:00 AM More reviews by KeyWestBum

I received this in a swap so I'm not familiar where to buy this product or the price of it. I have this pot concealer in the shade mid-medium and it's the exact shade of my skin. I'm very content with this concealer. Being a thick paste like concealer, I was surprised to find that this doesn't crease or cake under the eyes. It looks natural and stays on all day. I love that I can cover my under eyes and blemishes with one handy concealer. It does have decent cover but not great. For example, for minor blemishes one layer will do. For moderate to say severe blemishes, I would think you would need 2 layers. For mild under eye cirlces, one layer is fine. But for someone like me with dark hereditary circles, I need about 3-4 layers. I can tone down the layers if I apply a corrector before the concealer. Overall, a good product and i recommend this.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/5/2012 10:34:00 PM More reviews by zee81

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is a great concealer. I have some pretty obvious dark circles and it is pretty difficult to cover them up at times. I have tried many concealers that crease or completely disappear come end of day. I wash my hands then pat on a tiny amount onto the circles. The concealer blends beautifully. I only wish the package was more sanitary. I use the shade "lighter than light" and it is a wonderful match to my skin.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/29/2011 10:31:00 AM More reviews by MRSOB

I got a small container of Medium with a kit called You're Giving Me a Complexion that came with Time Balm Tinted Moisturizer in Medium, Sexy Mama translucent powder and the Liquid Concealer. I love all of the products and went back to the store and purchased another set with Light/Medium so I can blend to my liking. The concealer works great, has wonderful staying power and is very pigmented. I would definitely buy again even though I don't love the packaging. The product is worth it and in my opinion stays on better than Benefit Booing concealer.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/13/2011 10:49:00 AM More reviews by thebreezyboo

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

UHHH-MAZZZING!

Best concelaor Ive ever used!!!!!!

rated 4 of 5 on 12/8/2011 10:30:00 PM More reviews by mona09

I've tried so many concealers like, lancome, amazing cosmetics, BB, Make Up forever, Ysl, Christian Fior, Loreal etc.... I have to say that this concealer is better than some expensive brands. I mainly use it for under my eyes, however it does cake a little and coverage its not so great after 2-3 months of use.. i gave it a 4 because i think for the price is good. Also after 4 -6 hours it would fade.