October 31, 2014 | 996 users online

Bronzers - Estee Lauder - Bronze Goddess

rated 3 of 5 on 7/30/2011 11:50:00 AM More reviews by carolinewknight

Decent bronzer but like all EL and Clinique products in the UK, it's expensive! Price aside, I have been using this for over 3 months and still plenty left, probably because I only use it for special occassions. I never go for a bronzer with orange/y tones, thankfully this doesn't give that fake-baked look. Goes on quite evenly on my fair/medium skin tone and comes with a soft brush, which unlike previous reviewers - I don't have any issues with. Not HG for me but I would still probably end-up buying this again, partly because I'm such a sucker for high-end products!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/24/2011 9:54:00 PM More reviews by soyoungx128

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I've been wanting this for about a year, but wanted to use up my MAC bronzer first. I was going to buy it at Nordstrom last week, but I found it at Saks Off Fifth for $20! So I highly recommend going to your nearby CCO to see if they have any in stock first. To be honest $30 does seem like a lot of money for bronzer, but I think it's well worth it. You get a large amount of it compared to other companies such as Nars or Benefit (which I still want to try!!).

Even though it's called Soft Matte Bronzer, it still has a little bit of shimmer in it. Not a lot, but enough that it gives you a pretty glow. And the color pay off is amazing. One or two swipes is all I need, but if you want a deeper bronze look, you can definitely layer on more.

I guess the only downside would be that it's kind of big to travel with, but I don't see that as a big deal

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/21/2011 2:02:00 AM More reviews by GlamDiva

My HG bronzer. I have the Soft Matte Bronze Goddess in the big compact that is beautifully plain and feels wonderful in the hand. A joy to use. My favorite bronzer of all time, though I have others I like as well. I use a BB bronzer brush and application is a breeze. Most of the year, I use this bronzer as a blush, and sometimes put a little blush on top. Will repurchase this bronzer as long as EL makes it.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/18/2011 12:09:00 PM More reviews by oooHUNTRESSooo

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

this review is for the SOFT MATTE bronzer.
i first have to say that it's huge. 21 grams is the biggest size in a pressed powder format that i've ever seen, which is quite good since this is a very expensive bronzer.
there is only one color which i think would suit many skintones, except for very dark ones. it's not too pigmented so it's not easy to go overboard with it, and i find this a great quality in a bronzer.
i would describe the color as a medium brown/bronze with slight reddish undertones. it does not lean orange at all.
when applied (with measure) it gives a gorgeous sunkissed look. a luminous matte would be a good description of it. it has absolutely no shimmery particles in it, but the texture is silky and not chalky so i guess that's what makes it a little luminous.
it doesn't accentuate any bumps or scars on my face and is easily blended.
i apply it on my cheekbones, chin, forehead and just a little over the bridge of my nose and i look like the sun hit me a little, without being too dark or orange.
it comes with a brush that is made of natural fibers and which is excellent for contouring, but is a little scratchy.
also, it has quite a big mirror which is very convenient for touch-ups.
i did state that i would buy this product again, but considering the amount of it, i highly doubt this will happen in the next several years

rated 5 of 5 on 6/28/2011 5:24:00 PM More reviews by Indigirka

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Matte version: great bronzer, and I wish the original version of the perfume of the same name was in my budget now. Good color and pigmentation; isn't delicate/fallout-prone (unlike my Wet n Wild Goddess bronzer, which I still like except for this issue). It's non-shimmery (when you look at it in the pan you can see a soft gold shimmer, but it doesn't show on the face) and non-orangey, which is what I was looking for in a bronzer.

Like my Wet N Wild bronzer, it has a hint of reddish/coppery tone. However, it's not as deep and pigmented than that one - that said, that bronzer's great pigmentation might go with the territory of a softer, more delicate powder. Bronze Goddess is for a more subtle look but still shows up well.

It comes in a large compact with a nice big mirror - it's great on-the-go and you get plenty of product. I'd much rather have a mirror in my compact than room for a built-in brush I probably won't use.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/7/2011 5:37:00 PM More reviews by lathibad

This review is for the double bronze goddess with both the lighter and darker colors. I bought this bronzer to match my face with the rest of my body, which I am using a self-tanner on. I am extremely pale (wear Linen in Double Wear), so I was initially happy that the bronzer did not overwhelm my face. However, as the days have gone by I'm not as pleased with the color. The bronzer looks natural, and seems to stay on forever, but it just isn't dark enough. I think this would be a great bronzer to use in the winter months. However, it can't keep up with my tan in the summer. I have since switched to Laguna from Nars, which has a much darker color. Estee Lauder always makes great products though, so I'm going to keep this bronzer and use it for when I'm not so dark.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/31/2011 7:02:00 PM More reviews by CBC135

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Other, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

Love, love, love this bronzer! After trying many different kids of bronzers, this one is the ONLY one I will use from now on. I use the soft matte shade because I like that it does not have much shimmer. The color never looks orange and it is a fabulous product to help fake or enhance a tan. I dust this lightly all over my face and it helps absorb oil and set my makeup. Gives me a glow! Fabulous!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/23/2011 6:28:00 PM More reviews by CosmetopianGirl

I have been using this bronzer for over a year and I am still in love. I love the packaging, its pretty but also useful and has saved the contents from breaking several times over! The bronzer gives me a really lovely polished glow without a hint of orange or powder. I have used it all year round and although I know its been around for ages I just wanted to share with you all! I have the soft matte because I dont like shimmer but I have tried the others and like them all too. I have also been known to use it to fill in any bits I have missed with the fake tan too!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/2/2011 7:30:00 PM More reviews by BeeGee35

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

i love this bronzer. i own a lot. (hoola, laguna, stila, etc etc).. i finally decided on this. It usually runs $30.. but its worth it.. its HUGE. I'm the lightest EL foundation shade in 1N1 Ecru in DW... this bronzer works for me. Hoola seems like a wonderful contour but not necessarily a bronzer... even on my pale skin. Laguna looks muddy on me and Stila is wayyyy too orange. I really just love Estee Lauder.. they offer wonderful products.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/23/2011 3:51:00 AM More reviews by annawintour

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I got this as part of a huge, gold makeup case filled with Estee Lauder goodies (a very nice Christmas gift). I'm afraid of bronzer normally due to my ivory/porcelain skintone. However, I used this recently, fluffing it on with a big brush, just on my cheeks and the bridge of my nose. It looked really good - the only bronzer I've ever used that looks natural and not "dirty" on my white skin. lovely product, wish I had the full-size...:)