April 18, 2014 | 2032 users online

Bronzers - Estee Lauder - Bronze Goddess

rated 5 of 5 on 5/23/2011 6:28:00 PM More reviews by CosmetopianGirl

I have been using this bronzer for over a year and I am still in love. I love the packaging, its pretty but also useful and has saved the contents from breaking several times over! The bronzer gives me a really lovely polished glow without a hint of orange or powder. I have used it all year round and although I know its been around for ages I just wanted to share with you all! I have the soft matte because I dont like shimmer but I have tried the others and like them all too. I have also been known to use it to fill in any bits I have missed with the fake tan too!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/2/2011 7:30:00 PM More reviews by BeeGee35

i love this bronzer. i own a lot. (hoola, laguna, stila, etc etc).. i finally decided on this. It usually runs $30.. but its worth it.. its HUGE. I'm the lightest EL foundation shade in 1N1 Ecru in DW... this bronzer works for me. Hoola seems like a wonderful contour but not necessarily a bronzer... even on my pale skin. Laguna looks muddy on me and Stila is wayyyy too orange. I really just love Estee Lauder.. they offer wonderful products.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/23/2011 3:51:00 AM More reviews by annawintour

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I got this as part of a huge, gold makeup case filled with Estee Lauder goodies (a very nice Christmas gift). I'm afraid of bronzer normally due to my ivory/porcelain skintone. However, I used this recently, fluffing it on with a big brush, just on my cheeks and the bridge of my nose. It looked really good - the only bronzer I've ever used that looks natural and not "dirty" on my white skin. lovely product, wish I had the full-size...:)

rated 3 of 5 on 2/7/2011 10:53:00 PM More reviews by Greenidgurl

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This is expensive and comes out a little dark on me. I might be using too heavy of a hand with it though. I am not sure if I will be repurchasing or heading on to another line for a nice bronzer next time.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/2/2011 8:52:00 PM More reviews by Eleos

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love bronzer, and have tried many different kinds. This one is definitely my favorite one. It doesn't make me look orange, and it doesn't look fake.

I love the packaging, and the mirror is an added bonus. I don't take it with me in my purse because I'm scared it'll break.

I also like how it doesn't smell weird. I've had some bronzers that have an odd smell, but this one doesn't.

It doesn't feel heavy when you put it on, so your face still feels natural, which is great.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/27/2011 9:46:00 AM More reviews by Trincy

A great all round bronzer, it definately suits most skin types and you do get a lot of product and a whacking great mirror, which probably contributes to the 26 price tag!

When I was looking at the bronzer in store the tester blocks were all together, the shimmery bronzers were above the 'matte' ones, and there was quite a bit of fall down so it was hard to really test them. I asked the consultant whether the 'soft matte' bronzer was completely matte and whether the sparkly bits on it had just fallen from the other ones. She confirmed that this was the case... however when I got home and opened the beautiful compact... It was very much shimmery!!! Which I didn't want. I tried it anyway, and I'm glad a did! The shimmer doesn't transfer on to the skin in the same way and leaves what I would describe as soft matte which is lovely and very wearable.

The brush that comes with it is quite awkward to use and hairs are falling out here and there but it's handy for the neck. My synthetic brush doesn't pick much up though, so I use the provided one to put the product in the general areas and then I buff it in properly with my synthetic.

I don't use the mirror at all as it's quite large to carry it around, and I wouldn't want to take it out with me in case the bronzer broke up anyway so I would rather they didn't include the mirror and made it a bit more affordable!

rated 4 of 5 on 1/21/2011 3:52:00 PM More reviews by coldshoulders

I was given a sample of this bronzer, and finally got around to giving it a go. I have pale cool toned skin and live in a cold weather climate. I don't use bronzer usually because I have tried in the past and haven't been happy with the product.
This one is nice and sheer, blends well and gives me some much needed color. I can use too much and it still comes out looking pretty good. I also find that it lasts for quite awhile which might make paying the hefty price a little easier.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/20/2011 11:27:00 PM More reviews by MollieRT

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Green

I've always been afraid to try bronzers, but I'm really happy I let the EL sa talk me into this one. I'm very fair, but I have rosacea so I don't tan. This bronzer gave me a very nice glow, nothing orange or muddy. I'll definitely repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/15/2011 6:46:00 PM More reviews by BrittaBot

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I practically never buy bronzers because my skin is so white and pink-toned that I figure most would look unnatural. I have one from Stila that I never use because it's too orange, and for contouring, I've tried to use taupe shades without brown bases, but I didn't think they looked natural.

This bronzer is very easy for me to use as a contour. I just brush it under my cheekbones as lightly or heavily as I want, and I can wear it alone, or with blush and/or highlighter. The shade is warm and earthy, with slight shimmer that I don't really see on the skin. It's tightly pressed, so it doesn't pile on with application, and it's not dusty at all, so product doesn't get wasted by blowing off the top of the pan or a brush.

If the color works on me, I'd guess it works on most skintones. I'm very happy with this bronzer and that I can finally contour when I feel like it!

rated 3 of 5 on 12/16/2010 11:25:00 AM More reviews by Lynstar05

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

This bronzer is not for me. As of now my skin is paler that its winter NC20-25 and i was looking for a bronzer to add a golden warm glow to my skin so i dont look dead!
I was recommended this by a friend. It was so expensive 30e or so, but the compact it quite large with a decent mirror, so that makes up for it a bit...however im not sure about the product.
When i initially apply the product to my skin it looks nice and golden...but a few hours laters its more of a dirty brown and makes me look pink or something. It also looks a little patchy which is annoying too. However it is longlasting on the skin.

This does not work for me because of the colour and my pale skin but it might work when im more tan in the summer. Ill wait and see.