November 23, 2014 | 1570 users online

Misc Beauty Tools - Tweezerman - Blackhead/Blemish Extractor

rated 1 of 5 on 4/19/2008 3:50:00 PM More reviews by caradiangela

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

WARNING! When you are someone prone to picking at your face (or skin in general): DO NOT BUY THIS DEVICE!!!
I'm serious. I've had this particular extractor, but also similar other ones, I trew them out, bought them again, and again...I was convinced that I just couldn't be without. Truth is, that I cannot have them around. I have probems controlling myself when it comes to the clogged pores/whiteheads and pimples I get. This can lead to some damage I create with my fingers, but that's nothing compared to the damage I can create with such an extractor. Fact is that it CAN work really well, I mean when the blackhead or whitehead "pops" with just very little pressure. That's why it drove me crazy when sometimes, it didn't work that well. It makes me put more and more pressure, rubbing it over my skin, trying it over and over again. The result...is the worst skin ever. At first everything is very red and erupted, later on very noticable scabs will form, leaving scars and marks for months or forever.
Maybe it's just me, but I really won't advice this to the face-pickers among us! You're better off without, I know I am!!

16 out of 21 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 4/15/2008 3:25:00 PM More reviews by sassepiano

Since blackhead strips don't work for me, I thought I would try this. There are 2 loops on this tool: the smaller one for blackheads and the larger one for whiteheads. I've never gotten the big one to work on my whiteheads, but the blackhead loop works great without much pain. My mom had one of those old school ones and I remebered that those extractors hurt! This is not near as bad.

I ususally extract a several after I get out of the shower (that way my pores are open). I don't extract all of them at once since I have so many blackheads. They pop put without an issue!

rated 1 of 5 on 4/12/2008 8:33:00 AM More reviews by XcolorMEc0utureX

I haven't tried this poduct because I don't know which one to buy!!

can someone link me? I promise to write a lengthy review on my sensitive skin!!

I found this...but I not sure if this is the one. http://tweezermanprofessional.com/index.cfm?page=productdetail&prod=92

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/28/2008 7:20:00 AM More reviews by genalewis

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

While I do not complain about my skin, because it's not really that problematic, I do have problems with dryness and clogged pores/blackheads on my nose. They are usually covered pretty well with makeup, but if I don't have to have them at all, even better.

To alleviate this problem, I picked up this extractor from Tweezerman. It looks like some kind of ancient torture device at first glance. But if used after a shower when the pores are open, this stuff does some serious work on blackheads! I almost never use the flat loop...I don't really even know why they put that one there. I use the thin loop, and apply pressure to my nose, run down a line on my nose, and this thing will pick up a TON of gunk from my blackheads. I noticed that someone said that it makes your pores appear larger, but that is just because it opens them up to remove all the junk clogging them. I have noticed that with continued use, this thing has significantly reduced the size of my pores. I have had this about 2 years, and it's a fantastic tool.

Make sure you keep this thing clean and also use a toner on your skin after using to pick up any oily debris that is left. I can't guarantee that this will work for everyone (it seems to irritate my boyfriend's skin a little bit), but for my specific nose blackhead problem, this is exactly what the doctor ordered.

4 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 3/24/2008 5:36:00 PM More reviews by pullum_purna

this product is the best in extracting blackheads & whiteheads on the nose. I am surprised! but I used it on the forhead and the rest of the face & it appears to create more whiteheads cuz u're irritating it... & u kno how the skin heals w/ white stuff cuz it's the body's defense mechanism.

My entire forhead & face is covered w/ ruptured red spots due to the popping. I'ts so bad that I have 2 wear makeup & I nvr use makeup on the skin.

I really dn't kno what to think now. It does dig deep... but thn agn it creates a new 1. The think loox cheap & gross too on 1st appearance.. But I do think it wrx well on the nose w/o much irritation

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/31/2008 5:27:00 PM More reviews by dag4321

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I purchased the Trim extractor thanks to a lot of the reviewers who said it was just like the older Tweezerman which many reviewers perferred. I compared in the store and the Trim was thinner so I liked that. I works well though, I still got red-but I have very sensitive skin so it was expected. Won't be using it too much, but it is nice to have to rid your skin of clogs every now and then. Would buy again if lost and glad I bought the cheaper one since it is very comparable.

Up-date: The night before last I used the DHC Renewing AHA Cream then the next night after letting it stay on my face overnight I used the extractor and-whoa! So much stuff, I see what people mean now. I was using glycolics before, but I think the over night length and stronger AHA contents really loosened everything up. Stuff was just popping right out (not to be gross) much easier and with hardly any pressure.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/25/2008 12:50:00 PM More reviews by crazyfrog13

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

Works great on blackheads! My T-zone hasn't looked this good since before puberty hit. I have to limit myself to using this once every couple of weeks though. It did make my skin red, so don't use it before you have to go out in public. I used it in the evening, and the redness was gone by morning.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/30/2007 1:59:00 PM More reviews by Reannaxo185

I got my blackhead/blemish extractor at cvs for just $5! It's the exact same thing and alot cheaper. If you use properly this thing is amazing. After you press it to your skin it does make it extremely red but it does go away short after. I have heard that it leaves red tinted scars behind but your going to get those if you pop it with your fingers..ew. If you have an annoying whitehead that everyone can see this can take care of it way better than your fingers can!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/29/2007 8:51:00 PM More reviews by abcx123

Sometimes I really hate this tool because it's so addictive. If I'm not careful I wake up with cysts. And if I try to pop a pimple with this, it will still scar. But this works really well for blackheads. I used to have so many that I would be really embarassed and some people would comment on them. But now, people can barely even see my blackheads and say my skin is pretty clear. The one I have is different from the one pictured..mine is circular rather than rectangular. The flat end is for blackheads and the other end is for whiteheads. I found that the whitehead end doesn't work so I use the blackhead side..but like I said before, popping whiteheads with this thing still causes it to bleed and scar. It is best to use this right after showering or steaming your face to open up your pores. If you don't, you have to press really hard which can damage your skin. The first time I used this, I went overboard and woke up with super dry skin, which I got rid of by gently exfloliating and moisturizing. It's best not to use this before you go out unless you want to go out with red dents on your face.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/24/2007 4:05:00 PM More reviews by akc5219

This tool really works. It's easy to use, and quite addictive. It gets rid of blackheads really well, I do think, however, that once you start you have to keep it up or else the blackheads look worse than ever!