Tweezerman Blackhead/Blemish Extractor

4.2

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

I love this! I got it for about $9 at my local CVS and it works wonderfully. It's very satisfying to use after taking a steamy shower because it's easier to get out all that sebum that's been collecting in your skin for ages. The price is very reasonable considering it's stainless steel, doesn't rust and is of high quality construction. I have a feeling the one I have will last for a long time. Be sure to clean it with rubbing alcohol before and after each use to sterilize it.

on 4/29/2008 11:30:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

this is amazing addictive and so very much fun. i ran out of blackheads on my own nose (incedentally its never looked better) and i used it on my husband who had crazy huge pores just chock full of the stuff, it basically jumped out of his just with a little pressure. anyway he made me stop after a minute but it was so satisfying i almost wanted to do it to him while he was sleeping....he'd wake up...i think....
ooh def clean the area before and after and splash cold cold water on your face too. closes the pores up...
the big side is useless to me.

on 4/26/2008 11:00:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other

To XcolorMEc0utureX - yes this is the product you want .. the flat side is to extract blackheads and the thinner loop is to pop whiteheads.

But I totally agree with the reviewer below - if you are a chronic pimple picker, this may very well be your worst nightmare .. especially if you own ones of those mirrors that magnifies your face!

The least harmful way to do it is to press a warm compress on your face prior to extraction. This primes your faces. After extracting, apply a good toner on your face. And of course, TRY to only extract pimples/blackheads that are ready to come out .. too much pressure leads to scarring!

on 4/19/2008 3:50:00 PM

WARNING! When you are someone prone to picking at your face (or skin in general): DO NOT BUY THIS DEVICE!!!
I'm serious. I've had this particular extractor, but also similar other ones, I trew them out, bought them again, and again...I was convinced that I just couldn't be without. Truth is, that I cannot have them around. I have probems controlling myself when it comes to the clogged pores/whiteheads and pimples I get. This can lead to some damage I create with my fingers, but that's nothing compared to the damage I can create with such an extractor. Fact is that it CAN work really well, I mean when the blackhead or whitehead "pops" with just very little pressure. That's why it drove me crazy when sometimes, it didn't work that well. It makes me put more and more pressure, rubbing it over my skin, trying it over and over again. The result...is the worst skin ever. At first everything is very red and erupted, later on very noticable scabs will form, leaving scars and marks for months or forever.
Maybe it's just me, but I really won't advice this to the face-pickers among us! You're better off without, I know I am!!

on 4/15/2008 3:25:00 PM

Since blackhead strips don't work for me, I thought I would try this. There are 2 loops on this tool: the smaller one for blackheads and the larger one for whiteheads. I've never gotten the big one to work on my whiteheads, but the blackhead loop works great without much pain. My mom had one of those old school ones and I remebered that those extractors hurt! This is not near as bad.

I ususally extract a several after I get out of the shower (that way my pores are open). I don't extract all of them at once since I have so many blackheads. They pop put without an issue!

I haven't tried this poduct because I don't know which one to buy!!

can someone link me? I promise to write a lengthy review on my sensitive skin!!

I found this...but I not sure if this is the one. http://tweezermanprofessional.com/index.cfm?page=productdetail&prod=92

on 3/28/2008 7:20:00 AM

While I do not complain about my skin, because it's not really that problematic, I do have problems with dryness and clogged pores/blackheads on my nose. They are usually covered pretty well with makeup, but if I don't have to have them at all, even better.

To alleviate this problem, I picked up this extractor from Tweezerman. It looks like some kind of ancient torture device at first glance. But if used after a shower when the pores are open, this stuff does some serious work on blackheads! I almost never use the flat loop...I don't really even know why they put that one there. I use the thin loop, and apply pressure to my nose, run down a line on my nose, and this thing will pick up a TON of gunk from my blackheads. I noticed that someone said that it makes your pores appear larger, but that is just because it opens them up to remove all the junk clogging them. I have noticed that with continued use, this thing has significantly reduced the size of my pores. I have had this about 2 years, and it's a fantastic tool.

Make sure you keep this thing clean and also use a toner on your skin after using to pick up any oily debris that is left. I can't guarantee that this will work for everyone (it seems to irritate my boyfriend's skin a little bit), but for my specific nose blackhead problem, this is exactly what the doctor ordered.

on 3/24/2008 5:36:00 PM

this product is the best in extracting blackheads & whiteheads on the nose. I am surprised! but I used it on the forhead and the rest of the face & it appears to create more whiteheads cuz u're irritating it... & u kno how the skin heals w/ white stuff cuz it's the body's defense mechanism.

My entire forhead & face is covered w/ ruptured red spots due to the popping. I'ts so bad that I have 2 wear makeup & I nvr use makeup on the skin.

I really dn't kno what to think now. It does dig deep... but thn agn it creates a new 1. The think loox cheap & gross too on 1st appearance.. But I do think it wrx well on the nose w/o much irritation

on 1/31/2008 5:27:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

I purchased the Trim extractor thanks to a lot of the reviewers who said it was just like the older Tweezerman which many reviewers perferred. I compared in the store and the Trim was thinner so I liked that. I works well though, I still got red-but I have very sensitive skin so it was expected. Won't be using it too much, but it is nice to have to rid your skin of clogs every now and then. Would buy again if lost and glad I bought the cheaper one since it is very comparable.

Up-date: The night before last I used the DHC Renewing AHA Cream then the next night after letting it stay on my face overnight I used the extractor and-whoa! So much stuff, I see what people mean now. I was using glycolics before, but I think the over night length and stronger AHA contents really loosened everything up. Stuff was just popping right out (not to be gross) much easier and with hardly any pressure.

on 1/25/2008 12:50:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium

Works great on blackheads! My T-zone hasn't looked this good since before puberty hit. I have to limit myself to using this once every couple of weeks though. It did make my skin red, so don't use it before you have to go out in public. I used it in the evening, and the redness was gone by morning.

Popular Misc Beauty Tools