September 2, 2014 | 1242 users online

Lip Treatments - Nuxe - Reve de Miel Ultra-Nourishing Lip Balm with Honey and Precious Oils

rated 4 of 5 on 5/9/2013 9:25:00 AM More reviews by FWM2012

I love this product however I prefer using it at night time before I go to bed so that my lips aren't dry and chapped in the morning. I also carry it around with me by transferring it into a little Bobbi Brown 3ml plastic jar. However during daytime I don't use it alone I use it as the base and then use Elizabeth Arden 8hr Cream Lip Protectant Stick or another product. It lasts for ages well I've had mine for over 6months and there's still loads left. You don't need to use lots. As people have said you do need to gently work it into the lips. If you drink something straight away it does leave a sticky residue on the glass, bottle or can. So in summary I would recommend it as an overnight lip balm so that you wake up with soft moisturised lips.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/8/2013 7:19:00 AM More reviews by NewWave

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

This lip balm is the only thing that can recover my chapped lips overnight even if they are in really bad condition. I rely on it if I intend to rock the lipstick next day. Just apply it before going to bed and wake up with perfectly smooth and plump lips. I can easily wear it during the day, it doesn't feel heavy on the lips and tastes delicious. Will repurchase when I run out. I used to like Decleor Hydra Floral lip mask, but this one is much better.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 5/7/2013 5:49:00 AM More reviews by Zetaflickan

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Grey

Pleasant smelling, pleasant consistency- thick, forms protective layer on lips.
Doesn't dry lips, but won't do much if my lips are very dry and chapped.
Works on semi dry days.
Jar is well made and will be used for shea butter afterwards, but I dislike having to use my fingers for applying when outside my home.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/16/2013 11:29:00 AM More reviews by inbetweendays

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Medium, Neutral Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Believe me when I say I did not want to fall for a $19 lip balm. I was intrigued by the claims that it would actually heal chapped lips instead of coating them. I was skeptical but I am a believer, now. This little pot of wonder is worth the hype and cost. Subtle fragrance, ever-so-slightly gritty, and soft texture which really sinks into your lips. I usually favor aquaphor or vaseline at night but always wake up with parched lips. This balm actually feels as though it is healing my lips and they are in better condition after use. Yes, I hate the container but what can you do? The stick gets bad reviews and I bet the texture has to be sacrificed to put it into a stick so I'll just apply with clean fingers. Would definitely re-purchase!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/6/2013 7:17:00 PM More reviews by Karolyte

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

To me this balm is the best ever. I have tried several products for my super dry lips and nothing comes even close to this.
Things I love:
Smell - honey/lemon, not too aggressive.
Very smooth texture, leaves lips soft without making them glossy, which means I can apply any lipstick without smearing.
Lipstick does not dry out my lips and now my lips look really good (I had flaky lips before).
Things I do not like too much:
I wish it would come in other form. The glass container seems luxury but not very sanitary. At least I do not have to reapply during the day.
Overall, this product is A-m-a-z-I-n-g! Will buy again and again.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/19/2013 6:26:00 PM More reviews by ltsAlwaysSunny

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

This is one of those products, that's really hyped up, but is totally worth it. It's a thick balm, with a lemony kind of scent, nothing too overpowering. It applies pretty smoothly, considering it's a balm. When applied, it doesn't feel sticky or tacky, and it's not shiny or glossy.. you can't really tell you're wearing anything.

It totally beats the 8 hour cream imo; it's more moisturizing, smells better and it's cheaper. Normally, when i wake up in the middle of the night, my lips would feel dry. But with this, that's not a problem any more; my lips stay moisturized till the next morning. By the way, i only use this at night, because it doesn't contain any spf (i use the Everon lip balm by Weleda for that).

My only complaint would be that it's kind of pricey for what it is. And it's not the most convenient packaging (glass). But still, i would rebuy this and would recommend it to people who are looking for a super moisturizing lip balm, and for whom normal lip balms just don't quite cut it. And it doesn't contain any petrolatum/mineral oil, yay!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/28/2013 6:17:00 AM More reviews by jannemarissa

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Tan, Cool Hair: Black, Kinky, Medium Eyes: Brown

BEST lip balm I've used bar none. My usual balms are greasy, so they make my lips slick. They ease the feeling of chapping for a while, but when they wear off, my lips are still dry underneath. On the other hand, when I work just a touch of this balm well into my lips, my lips feel soft and conditioned even when it wears off, which is unheard of for me in the winter. Best of all, it is matte, so it causes no slippage and sheering of lipsticks, which is great! I will definitely buy this again, and will look out for the stick version which would be easier to carry around.
Thanks Nuxe!!!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/24/2013 12:27:00 AM More reviews by Brandjunkie

After reading the positive reviews on this, I was actively on the lookout for it while traveling in Europe last year. I'm so happy I found it at the airport on the return flight home because this has become my HG lip balm! Another reviewer hit it on the mark with her review that it initially feels gritty but as I work in into my lips, it warms up and sinks in. I tend to have dry peeling lips, especially during the winter months, but this gem has completely eliminated the problem. I use it every night and I love that it's not greasy so it doesn't end up on my pillow like so many other lip products I've tried. I'd use it during the day, but it doesn't have SPF in it so I'll continue to use my Bobbi Brown SPF15 Lip Balm which is great under my lipsticks. Truly a must-have for me.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/30/2013 4:22:00 PM More reviews by lucyfarfrai

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

really good lip balm. It seems to last ages, which during the winter is a rarity. However, my flatmate had a bad reaction to it. Probably best to test it out before purchasing. Only negative thing for me is the pot.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/20/2013 1:08:00 AM More reviews by adipose

Should probably be rated 3.5, but I'm feeling generous today.

This is the best lip balm I've used so far. Then again, that isn't really saying much because I've been highly dissatisfied with everything else I've tried. This product is decent, but I only really use it at night nowadays, as I find it leaves an annoying, very unattractive white residue on the corners of my lips, kind of like dried saliva or toothpaste... >_> Maybe I'm not rubbing it in thoroughly enough?

PROS:
- NOT at all shiny or glossy
- sufficiently moisturizing, for me at least (I live in a fairly cold climate for a good portion of the year, and I have a bad habit of licking/picking my lips; on the other hand, my lips rarely get extremely dry, e.g., to the point of cracking/bleeding)
- jar contains a lot of product; I've been using this everyday (and very generously) for > 4 months and I have less than 2/3 but way more than 1/2 of the jar left
- has a "luxurious" feeling...I suppose this is subjective...but at least it doesn't feel waxy or greasy like other balms I've tried. Other reviewers commented on the "gritty" texture. It really doesn't bother me; in fact, I barely notice it, unlike say, Lush's abominable "none of your beeswax" >_<

CONS:
- aforementioned residue in corners of lips
- doesn't absorb completely, so there's a layer that just sits on your lips. Annoying when you need to drink/eat.
- jar is quite bulky, and the extra bulk is completely decorous. Would much prefer a more streamlined design making it easy to stuff in slim purses.
- not too fond of the smell (it's pretty light), though am mostly indifferent. I can see how others might find it unpleasant.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No