November 26, 2014 | 950 users online

Lip Treatments - Nuxe - Reve de Miel Ultra-Nourishing Lip Balm with Honey and Precious Oils

rated 4 of 5 on 8/25/2013 6:25:00 AM More reviews by siamese63

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I love this lip balm. It's matte, which makes it a great base for lipstick. I also wear it overnight. Keeps my lips really moisturized.

Update: Packaging. It comes in a GLASS pot and today I dropped it in my washbasin.Aaaargh! Of course it broke. Please put it in a plastic pot.

rated 1 of 5 on 8/24/2013 6:04:00 PM More reviews by dwducky

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Other Eyes: Green

I wanted to love this lip balm so badly, but unfortunately I just couldn't. it feels luxurious to the fingertips, however when you apply it, it drags on your lips. I tried everything from really working the balm into my lips, to applying large amounts. nothing worked, my lips were just as dry as before, if not, more so. lastly, the smell is toxic, it's the most nauseating, migraine inducing lip balm I have ever smelled. it's absolutely revolting, and I'm quite upset that I cannot return it since it was so expensive.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/17/2013 10:12:00 AM More reviews by kwill89

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

This is the most amazing lip balm that I have ever used, and at $17 CND, I'm happy to report that I'd buy it again when it runs out because I absolutely love it!

1. The texture is grainy, yes, but it smooths out on your lips and sinks in amazingly, it's really intensely moisturizing. I use this before bed too and I wake up in the morning and my lips are still moisturized.

2. The people complaining about it being "suffocating" are the ones who are slathering on wayyy too much. This product is very thick, you don't need a lot, and the jar is huge so it will literally last a super long time.

3. The smell is absolutely amazing, it smells like honey and lemon.

4. It dries to a MATTE finish, it's not sticky or shiny looking, so it makes an absolutely amazing base for lipsticks. It makes lipsticks stay on better and it keeps my lips from drying out.

5. I bought this during the summer, I haven't tried it yet during winter but I know it'll be what gets me through it alive.

This is my all time favourite lip product. It's amazing and I'll buy it again and again when it runs out. P.S. DON'T buy the stick version of this, it's $8 cheaper, but it's not nearly as good, not at all.

EDIT: I lovvvve this precious lip balm, however the lid BROKE so easily, it was dropped a very small distance and the lid broke, so now I am unable to use this product, it became sketchy after the lid broke. I wish Nuxe would make a plastic jar version of this with a more heavy duty lid, the jar is just asking to get broken! At $17 I am very hesitant to buy this again, though I feel like it's my HG lip balm. Also, The Body Shop just released a honey line, and the Honey Lip Balm is very similar to this, just more glossy.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/29/2013 9:34:00 PM More reviews by Damroka

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

$19 for lip balm is a bit silly, but I really like this stuff. I also really like Nivea's moisture stick for three bucks, but luxury is nice sometimes. Also, this Nuxe product does some special stuff. It's all on a pretty subtle level, so you're not missing out on anything huge if you don't have this, but the pros are:

1. it has a really nice, thick, matte consistency, kind of beeswax-y
2. it smells beautiful, like honey with maybe a hint of orange (?)
3. there's a generous amount in the pot & you don't need much per application
4. somehow, I don't know how, but somehow this stuff actually makes my lips pinker, a shade darker. weird. but nice.

cons:
1. absurd price
2. glass jar is too heavy to put in your purse, but you could always put a little bit in a smaller plastic container if you wanted to have it on hand.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 on 7/28/2013 1:03:00 PM More reviews by Miriam44

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I got this product as a gift so I'm not too upset that this was a loss, but it did not work well for me. After the first day, my lips seemed less soft than usual (I usually wear moisturizing lips balms for days and Chapstick or argan oil before bed) and slightly chapped. Two weeks later, the chapped problem has gone away so maybe that was just me getting used to it. One plus is that I did not have a reaction to this, which often happens, so that was nice but it is really overpriced for the quality. The texture is too thick, it has a strange waxy appearance that is not luxurious at all, the smell is menh, and the jar is a pain- I liked it until I dropped it and cracked the bottom a tiny bit on the outside. Sigh. Too heavy to keep in my purse. I will keep using since it was free but would never repurchase. I was shocked to find out the price of this!

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 7/16/2013 1:37:00 PM More reviews by susiej

I had so wanted to love this but oh my gosh it burns! I must be intolerant to some of the essential oils. My lips feel + look wind burnt and inflamed after wearing it :( Which is pretty much the opposite to what it is supposed to achieve.

Disappointing, especially because I liked it in every other respect (texture, scent, packaging etc..)

rated 5 of 5 on 7/15/2013 10:34:00 AM More reviews by squizzersqoo

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Tan, Neutral Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

this is a VERY STRANGE product...
when i first started using this, I was extremely disappointed because it didn't seem to make any difference on my lips and considering this is like a "cult" product of many beauty bloggers/ makeup artists I was quite surprised. But still, I continued using this religiously for about 3 weeks or so, and then I stopped. When I started using this lip balm AGAIN just to *try* and see if it could miraculously work on me, IT DID!

This is what another beauty blogger/youtuber (Fleurdeforce) mentioned about this product too. When she first started using this, she didn't see what the hype was about. But when she used this the second time, she fell in love with it!

I don't know what about this product makes that possible, but nonetheless this is an AWESOME matte lip balm that keeps my lips hydrated all dayy err day.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/12/2013 6:52:00 AM More reviews by Holymacarony

This is a completely matte lip balm, that stays on forever, and really works. I always put it on before I fall asleep at night, and can still feel it in the morning, and my lips are soft and nice. The bad thing about this is that it comes in a jar, so I never takes this with me when I´m going out. It comes in a "lipstick" package as well, witch is really nice and handy to take outside. This has a thinner formula, but are just as nice. I will repurchase both of them again!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/8/2013 6:38:00 AM More reviews by ana1761

This is my HG lip treatment. I knew I loved it, but never knew how much until I tried something else (decleor) (i'm a product junky) and my lips went all dry and cracked. Use this overnight and problem solved. Soothed and healed sunburned lips in no time.
I use it every night and my lips are soft and perfectly moisturized all next day. I love the thick texture for overnight use- not thin, glossy, waxy, sticky, drying-after-10-minutes etc as so many others are. It goes on in a moisturizing coat over my lips and stays put, doing its thing. I think this would be a great product for guys, too. Nice neutral smell, not overpowering.
Also use this on occasion when my eyes need a super moisturizer. I had to do a course of medicine that made my skin really sensitive- esp. my eyes. They went all red, extremely dry, flakey. Just nasty. So, after trying boat-loads of targeted eye treatments, I decided to use this. Just as awesome for eyes! Only thing that helped.
I've never used a lip balm as perfect as this, and I've tried heaps- pretty much everything Sephora, department stores sell- nothing as good as this.
Good value, too- one jar lasted me almost a year!
If you're looking for an intense, thick, lip moisturizing treatment then this is for you.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 6/1/2013 3:42:00 PM More reviews by MissBehaviour

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I had heard great things about this balm and was attracted by the luxe-but-natural (ish) reputation of NUXE's products. Having now received it in the mail, I'm not crazy about dimethicone as a listed ingredient, though in fairness there really are a lot of natural ingredients as well. Essentially this is nicely scented, honey-infused shea butter with a few of the usual chemicals thrown in for good measure.

All that aside, the consistency is pleasantly thick but not waxy and provides a consistent moisturising effect throughout the day. I also think this would be a good lipstick base. Upon application I feel a very slight tingling, an effect that goes away quickly and hopefully does not signal some kind of sensitivity to the product (will update if this occurs as I know many others out there are fragrance sensitive as well).

The jar looks very elegant, but it is excessively heavy glass for such a small product. I don't really need more things weighing down my bag unnecessarily.

UPDATE July 26th 2013: Unfortunately, I am experiencing sensitivity to this product. It irritates and dries out the skin around my mouth to the point that it flakes off terribly, and it also seems to leave the skin on my mouth slightly irritated. I would advise those with sensitive skin to steer well clear of this one--expensive mistake.