April 20, 2014 | 1831 users online

Lotions/ Creams - Burt's Bees - Almond Milk Beeswax Hand Creme

rated 4 of 5 on 10/26/2010 10:45:00 AM More reviews by SamanthaJustine

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I am baffled by all the negative reviews. I am sensitive to smells and this one does not bother me. The smell is a true almond smell so that might be why so many are thrown off if they are use to artificial almond.

I don't know why so many are surprised by the wax feeling it says on the package Beeswax. I like the wax feel. At first I was thrown off by it but found it helps protect my hands.

I love the little glass jar. It looks so cute on my nightstand.

I have oily skin but I wash my hands so often that they get dry and tight. This creme is the only one I have found that will moisturize my hands and not crack my cuticles. My cuticles have a low tolerance. Too much of moisture and oils my cuticles start to dry out, peel and just plain freak out. This creme has not caused any of those problems.

rated 1 of 5 on 10/26/2010 10:08:00 AM More reviews by smclub

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

OMG!!! This is the worst hand cream I ever had. The ingredients really look promising. BUT it just doesn't work.

I like the super thick texture of this cream. I wash my hands like some OCD freaks and apply this after washing. Its really thick and oily. The oil just sits on top of my hands and.... that its. Nothing happen. Not moisturizing at all. A total waste of $$$.

Plus, it has a very bad smell once it melted onto your skin. Hate it.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 10/5/2010 9:23:00 PM More reviews by eq2008

No! I would never pick this jar up again because I threw it out after one/two use. The scent is definitely unpleasant and I think it was sealed when I bought it and thats why I spend the $ despite the awful scent.

Forget the scent, after all it's not why we need hand cream for, right? When I put this on, it felt like I have a waxy, sticky gloves on my hands and that my hands are drying of suffocation. It's just too thick and doesn't absorb into the skin. It's a goo in a jar!!

rated 1 of 5 on 10/5/2010 9:08:00 PM More reviews by MaeghanMakeupp

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Blue

The smell of the creme is very overpowering, almost to the point where it made me nauseus. I also didn't like the texture. I thought it felt more like rubbing in a wax on my hands than a creme. Another con is that it doesn't moisturize whatsoever. Five minutes after applying I had to put on another lotion. Overall, it's not something to write home about.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/16/2010 12:34:00 PM More reviews by av315

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I fell in LOVE with this product. I never used body, hand or foot lotion since I have hyperhidrosis (excessive sweating) of the hands and feet. I get any hair or skin product on my hands and it's like my pores get clogged and my hands start sweating like crazy. Perhaps because of this I've always had very soft hands and feet (constant moisturizer!). I still thought that I should start moisturizing my hands, at least occasionally, to prevent "old lady hands".

I personally LOVE the smell and texture of the cream. It is rich and somehow does not make my hands sweat which for me is unheard of. It may be because my skin is already very soft but I must say that I'm surprised to not notice a difference when I wake up the mornings after putting it on. Maybe it is because it is wax and not oil, and maybe this is why it doesn't make my hands sweat.

I will put it on every night from now on, who knows, maybe even on only one hand to see if I notice a difference. Will post update. Either way, very pleasant to put on and wear.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/31/2010 2:05:00 PM More reviews by euristocrat

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other Eyes: Blue

This hand cream isn't for everyone! That said, it moisturises my hands very effectively. I would definitely buy it again because it has multiple uses (It's also amazing for treating rough spots; elbows, knees and feet.), it isn't too expensive considering that it's 100% natural and it really works. This cream has a thick consistency and smells strongly of almonds, akin to marzipan, which I personally love. Many reviewers have noted that their hands feel greasy after applying this but I find that when my hands are absolutely parched, it is absorbed almost straight away. I have to frequently wash my hands at work using harsh antibacterial soap/sanitiser. This cream literally saves my hands when they are unbearably dry and sore. I slather it on throughout the day and especially at night time and I wake up to baby soft hands. I like the glass jar that it comes in; the picture of the cow is quite cute and it means that you can use up every little bit. However, I do find it a little odd that kaolin (clay) is the 5th ingredient of this cream as it can dry out the skin. I am sure this is why it leaves a powdery finish. Overall, I would recommend this to anyone who suffers from very dry hands that are in need of intensive hydration.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/2/2010 11:35:00 PM More reviews by jnn78

This hand creme works great as far as moisturizing goes, but I do not like the consistency of this product. It's greasy, difficult to apply, and becomes sticky once it's on your hands. I suggest putting this on before bed since the creme is so thick-except I have the problem where it gets all over my bed. I love the smell though. It's a very strong almond scented creme which can be overwhelming for some people. I'm the type of girl though that absolutely loves strong,overpowering scents. Overall, it gets the job done, but in a messy way that I'm not too fond of.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 7/29/2010 12:19:00 AM More reviews by aharb013

This hand cream is o.k. It is kind of greasy, but I guess the greasiness doesn't last that long. But neither do the moisturizing properties. I like the smell though. But I need something better for my hands. Will not repurchase.

Note: This review also applies to the Beeswax and Banana Hand Creme.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/26/2010 9:40:00 AM More reviews by rikasmith

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I like how this hand cream dries really quickly after applying it, but it can leave a powdery feeling on your hands. The almond smell is pretty strong. I like the L'Occitane hand cream series better because it dries just as quickly and doesn't leave a residue.

rated 2 of 5 on 6/15/2010 7:26:00 PM More reviews by xDOLLFACEx

I dont like the smell at all! The almond scent is too overpowering. The cream in general is nice and moisturizing but i just cant stand the smell.