April 19, 2014 | 1591 users online

Liquid - Cover Girl - Clean Makeup Oil Control

• Price: $

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 7/19/2012 12:24:00 PM More reviews by kikidoll27

I hate the packaging of the Clean Oil Control foundation. It's just weird. I feel like the glass is going to shatter every time I set it down. The cap it annoying, and foundation always gets lodged in it. And the opening to the actual bottle is so crappy. I use a sponge, and it gets stuck in the top of it! Onto the actual foundation. The formula is oily, and it makes my skin, if anything, oilier. The name lies. The color doesn't match, it oxidized, and by the end of the day my face was super greasy. I do not recomend this at all. It's awful. The coverage is horrible! It draws attention to blemishes, scars, and even discoloration. My major bone to pick with this is the color. I have the lightest shade, and it's not fair at all! Cover Girl really needs a wider shade range, because they lack in dark shades, too.

rated 1 of 5 on 7/18/2012 10:38:00 PM More reviews by kelseyrae340

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I've tried applying this with my fingers, a brush, and sponge. None of them look good. The undertones are way too pink, hard to blend, streaky, and it doesn't look like skin. It feels disgusting, smells disgusting, the packaging is horrible! My friend uses this foundation too and I can always see her foundation and it makes her really oily.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/16/2012 6:35:00 PM More reviews by biancagee

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I went to target expecting to try out the Maybelline Dream Fresh BB Cream, but unfortunately it was out of stock. So I went ahead and searched reviews as fast as I could through this product on my phone and they weren't too bad, so I gave it a try. The packaging is no bueno. :'( Usually, I don't whine about packaging because I find it stupid..but this..this is really annoying. I have to like, use my pinky to gut out pieces of foundation and it gets all over the place. ANYWAY, besides that, I find that it's very thin and refreshing on the face, and does a good job on preventing oiliness, and doesn't oxidize like how alot of foundations do. Downside, I have a couple of acne scars, and it does a really bad job on at least making them look a LITTLE less visible. Terrible coverage indeed!

Suggestion: ONLY buy this product if you barely have any blemishes, and your only problem is oily skin.

P.s. It doesn't have any SPF either. :'( Poop. Oh well, at least it was cheap.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/12/2012 7:27:00 AM More reviews by sarahjade17

Although I liked the natural tone and sheen of this makeup, I find that if you don't set it with a powder over the top it just makes the skin look oily and unclean. I don't think this makeup is designed to conceal blemishes because this isn't what it does for me, instead it improves my overall skin tone and make me look more awake.

What I don't like about it is the bottle design. It's got a wide opening so that it all pours out at once. I assumed it was designed to be put on a makeup sponge and applied to my face via the sponge, but when I did this it all just absorbed into the sponge because of its thin liquid consistency. I used nearly half the bottle for just one application via sponge.

I wouldn't buy this again, but this makeup would suit someone who wants a natural finish and only puts on a little bit of makeup at a time. I'm after something a bit more heavy duty.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/2/2012 12:17:00 PM More reviews by katie0804

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

Pros:
In general, covers well. Leaves an even, matte finish. Blends in with skin (doesn't look a weird color when on the skin).

Cons:
The packaging makes it hard to get a precise amount out.. I always end up getting too much and then having to wash a ton of it off my hands. Doesn't cover blemishes very well.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/21/2012 8:31:00 PM More reviews by EmmaKM428

This product doesn't make my skin oily, but it doesn't cover my acne very well. If you don't have any acne to cover, then I would definitely recommend it. Also, the packaging makes it really hard to get the foundation out. But, once you find out how to get it out someway, you can use it (obviously) .

rated 1 of 5 on 6/10/2012 9:50:00 PM More reviews by catherinegosselin

Aweful. Just aweful. I've been using Rimmel 25 Hour Lasting Finish for about two years and swear by it, but I figured I'd try something else a little bit cheaper. Big mistake.

First off, the packaging. Hard plastic bottle, so when you run out, you can't cut the bottle open to get the rest of the product, therefore wasting money. You can't squeeze out anything because it's too solid.

Second, the product. I will say that there is a wide range of colours, so you're bound to find your perfect match. Unfortunately, there is no coverage. The parts of my face that look really good normally just looked cakey and fake, and it did not cover and imperfections or anything. Tried it twice to check if I was wrong, but no. It was a complete waste of money.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/9/2012 12:48:00 PM More reviews by valeriem121

Right now I'm using Origin's stay tuned foundation and it doesn't control oil at all! I found a bottle of this in my mom's makeup bag and decided to give it a shot. I usually don't mess with drugstore makeup but I couldn't continue using the Origin's foundation knowing that it does nothing to control oil. My first impression of this foundation was that is was really light and it felt clean on my face. The coverage is light so I had to use concealer to touch up a couple of blemishes on my face and I used Bobbi Brown's eye brightener under my eyes. I set the foundation with Revlon Photoready powder. I am happy I tried this foundation but unfortunately it doesn't last very long. I'm not a fan of reapplying makeup

rated 4 of 5 on 6/9/2012 11:49:00 AM More reviews by cleo2355

I love this foundation! I have been purchasing this product for about 2 years now so I finally decided to write a review on it. I have fairly oily skin and this foundation does a nice job of keeping it somewhat under control but it also provides quite nice coverage. I start out with just applying it with my fingers all over and then if need be I use a foundation sponge to put it on where I need a little more coverage (around acne marks or red spots, under eyes, etc). The price is very affordable and it never caused me to break out, I love that it's oil free and hypoalergenic because my skin is acne prone. The only downside to this product is that it's very thick and doesn't come out of the bottle easily. I have to use the end of a paintbrush to scoop some out whenever I apply the foundation because it won't come out if you tip it. Overall, I would definatly recommend this product :)

rated 5 of 5 on 6/4/2012 2:08:00 AM More reviews by gingergirl710

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

This is the first foundation I have ever bought. I hardly ever wear makeup and I was so scared the first time becuase I heard that it can ruin your skin. Well, I absolutely love this stuff! I have extremely oily skin (like, I will clean it and it's oily ten minutes later) so the fact that it's matte really helps so I'm not shiny at all. It spreads really easily and it's not heavy at all. The bottle makes it hard to get the foundation out, but I can just dab it on the palm of my hand that works wonderfully. The only problem I have with it is that I bought the lighest shade, ivory, and it gave me a tan (not a big one but it was too dark) so it's not light enough for my skin. But I could use a little color. :) Besides the package and the shade, I LOVE IT!!