October 26, 2014 | 1375 users online

Loose Powders - Make Up For Ever - Super Matte Loose Powder

rated 5 of 5 on 12/22/2008 2:50:00 PM More reviews by chestnutrose

I use this product generously everyday. It is really good at keeping my skin matte looking after applying sunscreen which leaves me shiny. I bought this in the summer and use it everyday, I still have more then 1/3 left. Does not aggravate my problem skin and does not lead to clogging. Works well as a finishing out powder but on most days I just use this alone after my skincare routine. Leaves a natural finish, no trace of powder with the finish. 5 stars but I'm curious to see how the HD powder from this line compares.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/21/2008 7:11:00 PM More reviews by guyue

I love this powder. it does the job, giving a matte look and unclogging my skins. so far i have no prolem with it. in addition, it lasts so long.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/4/2008 12:17:00 PM More reviews by marlavm

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

HG loose, oil-absorbing powder. The best! I really like the performance of MAC Blot, but the colors are horrible on me -- they go very gray/ashy. MUFE: I use the #14 for my half-Japanese, light-medium skin. Expensive, but totally worth it for me -- I have not found an equivalent and I've tried TONS of loose powders -- HE to drugstore. My only gripe is that I wish it were more readily available in B&M stores but, until then, I'll continue to go to Sephora to purchase.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/30/2008 7:46:00 AM More reviews by bebe_girl

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

after reading the rave reviews here, i just had to get it. and let me tell you this: i'm so glad i decided to purchase this coz this one definitely goes to my list of HG products! this loose powder is very finely milled it leaves your skin so smooth and supple, and the best thing is you can't even tell you're wearing it! i get many compliments using this. love, love, love it! will repurchase for sure!

rated 4 of 5 on 11/16/2008 12:57:00 AM More reviews by kmae

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

It does it's job - mattifies! When first applying it, my face is super matte. So matte my face looks dry but not cakey or flakey. But after awhile, once my oil production gets through, my make up looks better, I'm not as super oily as I usually am which I really like. I have a little bit of a healthy glow once my oils start seeping through.
I have this powder in #12 translucent and I like it because it doesn't add any extra color.
I also like the packaging. The jar is large and there is a powderpuff to prevent the product from getting through the sifter so there is no mess when I open up the jar. This is pretty expensive but I don't use much of it. I just apply it on my Tzone.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/16/2008 2:48:00 AM More reviews by MissAmbie

This is my favourite loose powder and the only one I use. It keeps my foundation on 10x longer than without it. Also, it never looks super powdery and gives a nice finish on the skin, I love this powder. My only gripe is that I wish they would fill it all the way to the top when they sell it to you...b/c it seems like kind of a rip off not to. Otherwise, I love it.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/4/2008 1:01:00 AM More reviews by Yukaeshi

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Coarse Eyes: Brown

My HG loose powder! I am Asian and have very temperamental skin- sometimes combination oily sometimes dry, mostly sensitive and living in a tropical, humid climate.

I'm using the powder in #12 Translucent Natural which is just perfect- no added colouring or any change in my mineral foundation colouring. My nose area does get a bit shiny after about 3-6 hours (It always does no matter what anyway) but otherwise it gives my skin a matte and natural look, and its finish is not powdery or cakey at all. My makeup is usually Majolica Majorca Skin Lingerie > Chanel Mat Lumiere powder foundation > Make Up For Ever Super Matte Loose Powder > Light spritz of Eau Thermale Avene. I'm usually quite sensitive to makeup products as they'll tend to make me have minor break outs, but I've no problem with that so far with this! *Touch wood* It makes my makeup stay put whether I'm outside under the sun or inside with air-conditioners and the only touch-up I need (When I do) is just an occasional light spritz of Eau Thermale Avene. It still stays put and doesn't run- keeping me looking matte and natural all day.

Only the 28g (Largest) jar is available here and it costs an equivalent of about US$ 31 at the current exchange rate, so it's pretty worth it considering how huge it is! The packaging is pretty normal for loose powders but of quite good quality, although due to its size traveling is quite a hassle with it. Spills and wastage does occur if you're not careful. But overall, an excellent product and I'm well into my second jar! ;)

rated 5 of 5 on 9/29/2008 1:11:00 PM More reviews by MACisWack

This loose powder does just what it claims - mattifies your skin invisibly. Because it is so finely milled, I can just dust it over my entire face with a large fluffy brush. No matter how much I apply, it ever looks cakey. It's the perfect finishing touch for me. I even use a little bit in my T-zone with other powders or powder foundations to keep that area matte. I've always used the translucent shade - I'm approximately NC20-25. The biggest testament to how much I love this powder is the fact that I have not looked for a replacement - quite an accomplishment for a MUAer! :)

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 9/18/2008 2:48:00 PM More reviews by mwebba1

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Dark, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I don't really know what to say about this powder. Firstly, my extremely oily skin has taught me that there is nothing that will mattify me all day. Secondly, when I put this powder on over liquid foundation like MUFE face and body, it makes the finish darker. Now, I have this in #56 (caramel) and it makes my face look dirty. I haven't tried it over other things, but I still have to blot my face frequently during the day. In reference to the packaging, all I can say is all loose powders seem to have cumbersome packaging. It is hard to keep from wasting product because if you take too much out, you cannot put it back easily and the powder puff that sits on top of the holes gets dirty all around. I wouldn't purchase this again, but I love how MUFE has so many colors available for women of color.

***UPDATE*** 12/05/2008
I got this is the translucent (#12)and I loveit! Makes my skin look poreless and perfect and matte! MUFE+Lancome =excellent makeup.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/3/2008 12:51:00 AM More reviews by flirtylicioushoney

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I'm still on the fence with this product. I have extremely oily skin & just sitting in classes for two hours, seems to make my skin produce oil like crazy.! This does control oil, but i still get extremely grease 3 hours into my day, I think that for combination skin, this would be HG, but for me its just not cutting it. My prescriptives matte powder worked better then this one, & the girl at sephora said this would keep me shine free for 6+hours, & i really wish it did. I'm also noticing break outs but im not sure if it's do to this or the foundation im trying, but i do have extremely sensitive skin that can sometimes flare up. Bottom line, amazing if you have combination skin for us oily skin people there HAS to be something better out there. =]