Estee Lauder White Linen

3.4

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

This is a perfect summer scent. It's very light and, of course, airy. The jasmine notes really work with my body chemistry so I smell very delicate all day. I love to wear this to the beach or out to dinner during the summer since it's just so lovely. Unfortunately, my mom says it makes her smell like a dirty old blanket lol.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brown, Straight, Coarse

This is my mum's fave scent and I grew up smelling it. I love the crispness and cleaniness of this scent (hence the name White Linen..LOL). Wearing this reminds me of my childhood so I will purchase this over and over again!

I have always wanted to wear WL. It smells soooo good on the few people I know that wear it. But my chemistry is all wrong for this one. Smells like pure talcum powder sprinkled over dead, dusty flowers. None of the notes develop on me at all. It just lies dead on my skin. Such a shame...

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Lovely floral perfume...has roses,lily of the valley,iris,violets...smells soapy and like roses and other flowers to me...like I just came out of my morning shower...

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Other

This is a fresh, clear floral reminiscent of cotton sundresses and clean sheets. I've used it on and off since I was a teenager, and it's a great nostalgia scent for spring and summer. I do find the EDP too strong for me, so I use the body powder.

Yes, I know a lot of you think this smells like Grandma, but on some of us, roses smell great. This is my reliable everyday floral when I don't feel like wearing my man-magnet Dazzling Silver or Chanel's Coco. There's a reason WL is one of EL's biggest sellers year after year--- it's a classic floral that works for so many, year in year out. I feel fresher somehow whenever I wear it.

Smells like Grandma.... and on everybody, regardless of body chemistry. Sure, it's nostalgic and retro.... But if you want a classic scent, go with Shalimar or something. (Needless to say, guys hate it, inevitably b/c their own grandmas wear this).

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I adore this fragrance so much that it compelled me to write a glowing review. I can see why others would not love it, but for me, it ranks in my pantheon of must-have "big" scents like Chanel #5, Poison and Giorgio. It's just so refreshing for me to "discover" a floral that isn't fruity. This one definitely is a big floral, one of the best of its kind.

Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure

ouh :-( sorry EL, but this stuff smells like something from my grandmas burial, like these halls where the bodies of dead people are laid to be seen a last time. Terrible, except you have this thing for necrophily.

Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure

This has just got to be my least favourite fragrance in the entire world.
It stinks! I find that it has a really strong almost chemical smell to it. Each and everytime that I've tried wearing it in the past, my nose runs, my eyes water, and I start sneezing uncontrollably.
Needless to say Im not touching this one ever again.

Popular Fragrances