April 17, 2014 | 1581 users online

Fragrances - Estee Lauder - White Linen

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/16/2007 5:33:00 PM More reviews by uplate6674

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Other Eyes: Green

This is a fresh, clear floral reminiscent of cotton sundresses and clean sheets. I've used it on and off since I was a teenager, and it's a great nostalgia scent for spring and summer. I do find the EDP too strong for me, so I use the body powder.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/3/2007 8:58:00 PM More reviews by Bagbabe53

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Yes, I know a lot of you think this smells like Grandma, but on some of us, roses smell great. This is my reliable everyday floral when I don't feel like wearing my man-magnet Dazzling Silver or Chanel's Coco. There's a reason WL is one of EL's biggest sellers year after year--- it's a classic floral that works for so many, year in year out. I feel fresher somehow whenever I wear it.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 5/29/2007 7:42:00 PM More reviews by obzessd

Smells like Grandma.... and on everybody, regardless of body chemistry. Sure, it's nostalgic and retro.... But if you want a classic scent, go with Shalimar or something. (Needless to say, guys hate it, inevitably b/c their own grandmas wear this).

rated 5 of 5 on 4/30/2007 2:08:00 PM More reviews by mharvey816

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I adore this fragrance so much that it compelled me to write a glowing review. I can see why others would not love it, but for me, it ranks in my pantheon of must-have "big" scents like Chanel #5, Poison and Giorgio. It's just so refreshing for me to "discover" a floral that isn't fruity. This one definitely is a big floral, one of the best of its kind.

rated 1 of 5 on 2/22/2007 5:13:00 AM More reviews by shanna55

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

ouh :-( sorry EL, but this stuff smells like something from my grandmas burial, like these halls where the bodies of dead people are laid to be seen a last time. Terrible, except you have this thing for necrophily.

rated 1 of 5 on 1/14/2007 6:11:00 AM More reviews by curi

Age: 44-55 Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This has just got to be my least favourite fragrance in the entire world.
It stinks! I find that it has a really strong almost chemical smell to it. Each and everytime that I've tried wearing it in the past, my nose runs, my eyes water, and I start sneezing uncontrollably.
Needless to say Im not touching this one ever again.

3 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/10/2007 9:38:00 PM More reviews by SpinDiva

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Other, Wavy, Other Eyes: Brown

You will love this one or hate it. It is very sharp and unique. No mistaking the smell of White Linen for anything else. It doesn't morph... it doesn't develop... and boy does it last. It seems impurvious to body chemistry. AND I LOVE IT. I wore it 25 years ago, before my nose was well educated. I was sure that upon re-visiting I would shriek in horror. Not so! This is a floral for non-floral wearers. Perhaps best suited to springtime - but not me... this is as good with gray flannel as with a summer tank top.

This one is inepensive to pick up, even in parfum strength. Try before you buy.

rated 2 of 5 on 12/22/2006 1:09:00 PM More reviews by katyamans

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I was temped to smell the product after seeing Paltrow advertising the scent so beautifully on TV - I was conned! When I heard the name of the perfume - it conjoured up the smell of freshly laundered washing and well...fresh air...I was much mistaken.

I received the perfume from an event at work after dropping hints and I really should have just tested it first...and such ashame because the bottle is really beautiful designed. But no this one is not for me...smells too strong, and doesn't even settle down at that and all the guys at work turned their noses up at it so that says it all really.

Everyone has different views and tastes but this is just mine on this perfume.

Good advertising campaign though!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 11/25/2006 3:40:00 PM More reviews by seramadis

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I can understand how other people might like this perfume, it is classic and sweet and certainly smells a lot better than a lot of things that are out there in the world, but I don't like it. It smells like a whole botanical garden, to me it smells all floral and nothing else. It's like I went into a flower garden and rubbed my wrists very hard against all the flowers. It's like the perfumes you smell on large sized elderly ladies with big hats overflowing with plastic flowers on top of them, it's the sort of perfume your grandma might wear, if your grandma is that kind of person. It also makes me nauseous after a while.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 11/6/2006 1:44:00 AM More reviews by smurfkitten

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Not a big fan of White Linen. Received a mini bottle in a gift set of several mini fragrances and White Linen is my least favourite of the bunch. It's too strong and "old" for me.. doesn't smell appealing to me at all. Wouldn't recommend to anyone..