March 2, 2015 | 1086 users online

Concealers - Make Up For Ever - Lift Concealer

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/5/2010 8:57:00 PM More reviews by Minerva10

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I've been in love with this for over a year! I'm a total makeup junkie, so of course I still go out and buy other concealers, thinking maybe I'll find better? Well, I have yet to find one that works as good as this one! I only use it under my eyes (believe it's only intended for that), doesn't creep into my fine lines at all Unlike BB, Exuviance, MAC and countless others! Trust me, ive over applied many times and had minimal creeping! Covers really well (depends on how bad my circles are that day). Will def purchase again!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/2/2010 11:40:00 PM More reviews by claragonz

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

My sister, my mom and I use this. So far, it's one of the best concealers out there. I love that this is so easy to blend. Coverage wise, it's still a bit sheer for me. I can kinda see my dark circles through it, but setting it with powder does the job. Also, this concealer is never cakey, lasts all day, and doesn't crease! So this is a must have item for me!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/23/2010 1:12:00 PM More reviews by sheisontherun

So torn on this - I've repurchased probably 3 times so far as it's one of the best concealers that I've found. But it is still not perfect. It's smooth, even, and wears pretty well - no funky creasing or caking up. It just doesn't give me all the coverage I need for my undereye circles, it's a little too sheer. And the lasting power could be better (and I set it with LM Secret Brightening Powder).

The shades are decent for a concealer. I'm about an NC20 or so and shade #3 is a good, but not perfect, match. If you have light to moderate undereye circles, you'll probably love this. I think mine are just a little too dark for this to be truly effective. But I will continue to repurchase until I find something better.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 3/20/2010 11:33:00 PM More reviews by shyred05

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

My mom has been using it for awhile now (which probably put me off from buying it then)..
but I was tired of having these ugly creases that Benefit's erase paste, boiing, bobbi brown's -all left me with!
I did my research and saw how highly rated my mother's MUFE concealer is at Makeup Alley. So, I rushed to the Sephora at Metrotown and tried the MUFE's full cover concealer first. I think it'll be very effective in covering tattoos/scars because of Full Cover's thick consistency but this Lift concealer is just right for undereye shadows. For the price, it has double the amount bobbi brown's concealer has! I'm using #3. Just be careful in selecting your colour, the #'s aren't organized by shade intensity (#1 is the lightest, #3 is light, #2 is darker)... For reference, I wear a NC 25-30, Dior Linen 021, BE light. UPDATE: Think it's too sheer for me. Will not repurchase. My mom and sis are now MUFE Full cover converts. That's what i'm buying next!! only wish it wasnt 36 cdn here.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/8/2010 1:16:00 AM More reviews by briii

this is one of the best concealers in the world. its smooth and creamy and really easy to blend. and it covers amazingly :) i love it!!

rated 4 of 5 on 3/8/2010 12:59:00 AM More reviews by calicatattack

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I've been using this in #2 for a couple of months. I like it enough to continue to use it, but I don't love it. It helps to blur my undereye circles, but doesn't cover them up all the way. If my circles are especially bad, then I use either The Balm's Time Balm Concealer or MAC's Studio Sculpt Concealer first, then lightly apply MUFE's Lift Concealer over it.
This concealer is the only one I've found that isn't too heavy and cakey for daytime use. I will repurchase and use until I find something I like better.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/19/2010 5:20:00 PM More reviews by Polpette

Age: 44-55 Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I had very high hopes for this products as I love most all of the MUFE products I've tried, but not only did this not do the job, I was terribly allergic to it and my eyes would water for hours after applying it. The only other product I have this problem with is Voluminous mascara, so if you're allergic to that then I wouldn't recommend this.

My other issue with it was that it became cakey and the color separated on my skin. I have very oily skin, so it's pretty odd for a product to dry out on me. I don't think it did a very good job with concealing either. It brightened a bit, but my very dark circles were still visible. I can't speak to the lifting aspect of it because I gave up on it after a week and a half.

I like the tube that it came in because it kept the product sanitary and I wish more makeup lines would do this. Sorry, but two thumbs down on this.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 2/12/2010 11:30:00 AM More reviews by GonnaBeARockStar

This would be the perfect concealer if it just had a bit more coverage :( It gave that like diffused, glowy, fresh look to my undereye area that I just loved, but you could still see a bit of darkness through it. I was told that i could put a concealer under it, but I barely have time to get ready in the morning so I need a one shot concealer. I ended up returning it =/ The price I don't think is bad for the amount(.5 oz) you get when comparing it to similar products like Lancome Flash Retouche, YSL, etc, that just give you a tiny amount.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/5/2010 1:37:00 PM More reviews by adele37

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Other, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I bought this concealer after reading the reviews here. I had known beforehand that it was not considered full coverage, but more of a brightening concealer. I have fair skin with dark purply-pink circles.
My concealer history:
MAC Select Moisturecover: decent, can crease, no good colors for fair skin (a MA sold me NW20, which is orange... and the NW15 is not much lighter).
Maybelline Mineral Power liquid concealer, lightest shade: in my opinion, very, very similar to the MAC, except less orange. Same problems.
Kevyn Aucoin Sensual Skin Enhancer: perfect color match, amazing coverage... really, amazing stuff. But it was too heavy, it did crease over the day, and it didn't completely hide my circles. In short, it made me look like I was wearing concealer because no undereye circles are the color that this concealer gave me, a sort of faded light grey-purple look.
I have most recently been using the Bobbi Brown corrector in the lightest shade - I think it's Porcelain Bisque - and my Estee Lauder Double Wear concealer on top. The EL is the best concealer for blemishes for me, and if I'm having a bad skin day, I even use it as foundation wherever it's needed, but it creases and looks heavy under my eyes. Also, this combination didn't either completely cover my undereye circles.
I was starting to think nothing would cover them, so maybe I needed a brightener just to distract attention from my undereye area.
I bought the MUFE lift concealer in shade 1. It's a pink-toned shade. It does not cover my undereye circles completely, but it's not meant to. What is does is lighten them, so that they are not as dark and noticeable. It does this without looking cakey, without creasing, and most of all, without looking like I'm wearing any concealer at all. I look completely natural, just more awake because my circles are lighter. (I set the MUFE concealer with the MUFE HD powder and it lasts all day.)
I tried this with the BB correcter underneath; it pilled when I tried to apply MUFE on top.
I really love this stuff. It is on the expensive side - $22 - but you do get a lot of product (.5 oz) and it comes in tube packaging which is great. If you aren't careful, though, and you squeeze it even a drop too hard, a lot more product than you need will come out. Because you really don't need much, this tube will last for a really long time. Unless I find something that completely covers my undereye circles while looking totally natural, I will keep repurchasing this.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/28/2010 3:59:00 PM More reviews by MrsFoxyLady

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Dark, Cool Hair: Brown, Kinky, Medium Eyes: Brown

Update 02.13.10:
This product is definitely not for me. I'll pass and stick with my Estee Lauder Smooth Concealer in Deep-14. It too gets cakey and sits in my creases. So glad that I got a free sample.

*****************************************************************************
Original posting 1.28.10:
A Sephora MUA used this on me in the store today. Instead of purchasing a tube (#4) for $22.00, I got smart and asked for a sample.

I will back wtih my results. In the meantime, here's what I'm looking for.
* A concealer that looks natural on my "bad" days, especially since I do not wear foundation at all.
* A concealer that does NOT crease and looks cakey.
Is that too much for a girl to ask for? I think not!
Any suggestions or recommendations ladies?

FYI:
The Sephora MUA (Durell) did inform me that I should NOT use setting powder once my concealer is on as under my eyes are dry, and promised that the concealer would stay in place. We shall see!

Stay tuned!