April 21, 2014 | 1355 users online

Concealers - Make Up For Ever - Lift Concealer

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/8/2010 1:16:00 AM More reviews by briii

this is one of the best concealers in the world. its smooth and creamy and really easy to blend. and it covers amazingly :) i love it!!

rated 4 of 5 on 3/8/2010 12:59:00 AM More reviews by calicatattack

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I've been using this in #2 for a couple of months. I like it enough to continue to use it, but I don't love it. It helps to blur my undereye circles, but doesn't cover them up all the way. If my circles are especially bad, then I use either The Balm's Time Balm Concealer or MAC's Studio Sculpt Concealer first, then lightly apply MUFE's Lift Concealer over it.
This concealer is the only one I've found that isn't too heavy and cakey for daytime use. I will repurchase and use until I find something I like better.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/19/2010 5:20:00 PM More reviews by Polpette

Age: 44-55 Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I had very high hopes for this products as I love most all of the MUFE products I've tried, but not only did this not do the job, I was terribly allergic to it and my eyes would water for hours after applying it. The only other product I have this problem with is Voluminous mascara, so if you're allergic to that then I wouldn't recommend this.

My other issue with it was that it became cakey and the color separated on my skin. I have very oily skin, so it's pretty odd for a product to dry out on me. I don't think it did a very good job with concealing either. It brightened a bit, but my very dark circles were still visible. I can't speak to the lifting aspect of it because I gave up on it after a week and a half.

I like the tube that it came in because it kept the product sanitary and I wish more makeup lines would do this. Sorry, but two thumbs down on this.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 2/12/2010 11:30:00 AM More reviews by GonnaBeARockStar

This would be the perfect concealer if it just had a bit more coverage :( It gave that like diffused, glowy, fresh look to my undereye area that I just loved, but you could still see a bit of darkness through it. I was told that i could put a concealer under it, but I barely have time to get ready in the morning so I need a one shot concealer. I ended up returning it =/ The price I don't think is bad for the amount(.5 oz) you get when comparing it to similar products like Lancome Flash Retouche, YSL, etc, that just give you a tiny amount.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/5/2010 1:37:00 PM More reviews by adele37

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Other, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I bought this concealer after reading the reviews here. I had known beforehand that it was not considered full coverage, but more of a brightening concealer. I have fair skin with dark purply-pink circles.
My concealer history:
MAC Select Moisturecover: decent, can crease, no good colors for fair skin (a MA sold me NW20, which is orange... and the NW15 is not much lighter).
Maybelline Mineral Power liquid concealer, lightest shade: in my opinion, very, very similar to the MAC, except less orange. Same problems.
Kevyn Aucoin Sensual Skin Enhancer: perfect color match, amazing coverage... really, amazing stuff. But it was too heavy, it did crease over the day, and it didn't completely hide my circles. In short, it made me look like I was wearing concealer because no undereye circles are the color that this concealer gave me, a sort of faded light grey-purple look.
I have most recently been using the Bobbi Brown corrector in the lightest shade - I think it's Porcelain Bisque - and my Estee Lauder Double Wear concealer on top. The EL is the best concealer for blemishes for me, and if I'm having a bad skin day, I even use it as foundation wherever it's needed, but it creases and looks heavy under my eyes. Also, this combination didn't either completely cover my undereye circles.
I was starting to think nothing would cover them, so maybe I needed a brightener just to distract attention from my undereye area.
I bought the MUFE lift concealer in shade 1. It's a pink-toned shade. It does not cover my undereye circles completely, but it's not meant to. What is does is lighten them, so that they are not as dark and noticeable. It does this without looking cakey, without creasing, and most of all, without looking like I'm wearing any concealer at all. I look completely natural, just more awake because my circles are lighter. (I set the MUFE concealer with the MUFE HD powder and it lasts all day.)
I tried this with the BB correcter underneath; it pilled when I tried to apply MUFE on top.
I really love this stuff. It is on the expensive side - $22 - but you do get a lot of product (.5 oz) and it comes in tube packaging which is great. If you aren't careful, though, and you squeeze it even a drop too hard, a lot more product than you need will come out. Because you really don't need much, this tube will last for a really long time. Unless I find something that completely covers my undereye circles while looking totally natural, I will keep repurchasing this.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/28/2010 3:59:00 PM More reviews by MrsFoxyLady

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Dark, Cool Hair: Brown, Kinky, Medium Eyes: Brown

Update 02.13.10:
This product is definitely not for me. I'll pass and stick with my Estee Lauder Smooth Concealer in Deep-14. It too gets cakey and sits in my creases. So glad that I got a free sample.

*****************************************************************************
Original posting 1.28.10:
A Sephora MUA used this on me in the store today. Instead of purchasing a tube (#4) for $22.00, I got smart and asked for a sample.

I will back wtih my results. In the meantime, here's what I'm looking for.
* A concealer that looks natural on my "bad" days, especially since I do not wear foundation at all.
* A concealer that does NOT crease and looks cakey.
Is that too much for a girl to ask for? I think not!
Any suggestions or recommendations ladies?

FYI:
The Sephora MUA (Durell) did inform me that I should NOT use setting powder once my concealer is on as under my eyes are dry, and promised that the concealer would stay in place. We shall see!

Stay tuned!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/31/2009 6:21:00 PM More reviews by novelist

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

Edited 2/7/10: My use of this product has gotten better and I can now use it for the entire undereye area and then apply BB Corrector on top. For now, I no longer need concealer, and prime allergy season is upon me, so I am very pleased with this product.

My use of this product is an example of change for the better. I felt forced to find a new "Eye Brightener" since the one I'd been using from Bobbi Brown has been repackaged into a click pen which is $6 more for 1/5 the amount. I simply refused to buy a replacement of this product which I use every single day. My jar was about 2/3 gone which meant that the remaining product was a bit thick and too opaque, so I used the opportunity to purchase MUFE Lift Concealer.

It is superior, imho, to the jar form of the Eye Brightener. It is more sheer, but buildable if needed, plus it contains moisturizing ingredients which the Bobbi Brown product did not. I still moisturize the undereye area before use, but not nearly as much (with squalane). The shade I picked is #1, Pink Beige (I'm MAC NW-20 although it's the darkness of the area which I go by to determine the color.) It is a bit less peachy that the previous product, but I like it better since the corrector and, if necessary, concealer, from BB blend very well with it. That was my one concern, if products from different companies would get along, and they appear to like each other just fine. The "Lift" has a slight luminous quality to it and seems to reflect light from my "allergy shiners" as well as "lift" the darkness from the area. I am very pleased with it.

I tossed out the jar of Eye Brightener which, admittedly, was a very frustrating form of packaging. I greatly prefer the tube. It is a sizeable tube for $22 so I consider this choice thrifty and a change for the better.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/19/2009 10:07:00 AM More reviews by gna

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Hate concealer, but needed a light, sheer, non-cakey one for photographs. This is great as concealer and eye shadow base. It also covers blemishes I may have. Definitely not for dark circles or major discoloration, but it was not made for that. It's not a product that will cover everything, but I hate products that feel like a mask. Great price for a non-drying, natural-looking product.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/14/2009 2:46:00 AM More reviews by masaya

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I had thought of returning this since MUFE FC does covering up pretty well. However, I still like to use this to brighten up my eyes noticably. I would usually get 2 hours of sleep every Friday night. When I went to work on Saturday, my guy coworker asked if I had any sleep.. and I ask if it shows in my eyes, and he said it doesn't and I look wide awake. When in fact, my eyes feel tired and ready to go back to sleep soon.

For me I get better results with MUFE FC layered on top. Discoloration disappears and my eyes becomes brighter. I love the packaging. A squeeze tube is so hygienic and allows me to dispense just the necessary amount. The consistency is liquidy creamy, much lighter than MUFE FC. And when spread through the area, there's a dewy sheen (for brightening).

rated 4 of 5 on 11/29/2009 7:53:00 PM More reviews by marmalade

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Likely will purchase again.

Pros:
application type - from tube - sanitary
buildable covereage
the slight tightening action (I think that's what is happening) is good for my undereye area

Cons:
buildable coverage (can be a con too) Some days I need a touch of my Stila concealer to feel ok about it. Not always but some days I do need that bit extra.

Overall I'm happy with it but still on the hunt for a better concealer for my aging, more dry than not skin with genetically predisposed undereye circles.