November 27, 2014 | 1424 users online

Powder - Cover Girl - Simply Powder Foundation

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/10/2010 10:02:00 AM More reviews by Julia941

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I love this powder foundation. I have used it for years (over 25) and though I love high-end products and mostly use Bobbi Brown make-up, I always have at least one compact of this on hand. I have oily to combination skin with occasional break-outs (still!) and the beginning of some lines around my eyes and smile. This has always made my skin look perfect and has a beautifully matte finish that absorbs oil but doesn't seem to settle into my fine lines. I use Bobbi Brown Foundation Stick in Sand (2) as a concealer and finish my face with this in Classic Ivory. It is a nice neutral with a little bit of a yellow base. Ivory is a little pinker. As a high school and college student I used a less expensive concealer on problem areas and finished with this powder and it is always flawless. I use this at home and keep a compact of Bobbi's light yellow pressed powder in my purse if I need to touch up a little shine during the day. This is probably the only product I have hit the pan of ever, and I've used many, many of these over the years. It doesn't break me out. I use the sponge to apply and buy extras to keep it clean. Great product, great price, and the packaging is sleek and understated and fits right in with my other BB palettes on my vanity.

6 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 2/8/2010 8:25:00 PM More reviews by DevilDucky

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I first discovered this product at age sixteen, and I'm still absolutely loyal to it today, twelve years later. It evens out my skin, covers up my redness, and provides a fresh, clean, matte - but not chalky - look that lasts for hours. My skin isn't in the greatest condition, but I've received so many compliments on how great my skin is, thanks to this foundation. My only complaint is that when you get towards the end of the pan (and I've gone through many, many pans) the product breaks and turns to loose powder in the container.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/25/2009 1:08:00 AM More reviews by Roseandthorn

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

This makeup didn't provide good coverage for me at all. If you have clear skin with no acne this product might work for you, but I get blemishes which turn into red marks after they're gone and this makeup provided no coverage; I could still see the red marks no matter how much of this powder I piled on. Not good for people like me with bad skin.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 12/15/2009 10:37:00 PM More reviews by desertwaya

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Since ive had good experiences w/ CG in the past (still use their smoothers foundation sometimes) i thought id give this a shot.
As always it blends w/ my coloring pretty well (MAC NC20/CG Classic Ivory). Its an ok powder,better than some & not as good as others. I'll have to see how it does in southern humidity first and see if it breaks me out (doubt it, CG never has done that to me before).
Edit:
no breakouts but this made my large pores look HUGE! they were more noticable w/ this powder than w/ nothing on my face, taking lippies away.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/20/2009 11:10:00 PM More reviews by momto4monkeys

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

This was my fave powder foundation! Gave me nice coverage and only needed to touch up once during the day. I haven't been able to find it in Canada for years! Can anyone tell me where to purchase in Canada?

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/24/2009 10:57:00 PM More reviews by dbmiller

Blah, this just wasn't for me. It was so comparable to Maybelline's Pure Stay Powder Foundation. I think the only difference was that this doesn't have SPF (boo!) and this was also chalkier (another big boo!). I've been on this powder foundation kick (not mineral) and I got this and Maybelline's at WalMart. So like I said earlier, this was VERY chalky on me. I could nearly hear my dry skin crisping as I applied it. Not a lot of coverage either, slightly less that Maybelline's. I got mine in Classic Ivory and the color was ok, it turned slightly pink upon application. This foundation LOOKED dry on my skin. The price is awesome, though, so if it works for your skin type, then congrats. UPDATE: Got the right shade, which happened to be Buff Beige, and I like this so much better now. I use a kabuki to apply it and top it with a shimmery setting powder, and I like it. Not HG, but good.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/9/2009 9:19:00 PM More reviews by 2lilmonkees

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

just started using this 2 days ago n i love it. i use max factor panstik 4 concealer w/this over n i look good 4 the acne comin thru from a lil purging goin on. color is perfect. great 4 my red cheeks n olive forehead n chin. matches great n goes smoothly over my concealer. no breakouts please. UPDATE... lovin this powder. changed my concealer 2 MUFE full cover n its exactly what i wanted. no breakouts or clogs, YAY!! i do use this to set my liquid fdtn when i where that 4 uglier skin days too. LOVE THIS!! continued >>

rated 2 of 5 on 10/2/2009 3:41:00 PM More reviews by Metoner

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I bought this powder the other day, hoping for something with decent natural looking coverage, and after reading the reviews this sounded like itd be a good pick.

This powder is the worse type of foundation Ive ever used. I exfoliated my face, I used a primer, and then I applied this. I went to step outside to see how natural it looked in the sun. Inside it looked a little pale (I bought the ivory shade) but Id rather be pale than pink. So I step outside and Im GLOWING BRIGHT PINK!!! I couldnt believe it! I looked at myself in the mirror and it looked all flakely on my skin and I looked like something was wrong with me.

Im going to consider giving it another try because I really liked the texture and how it went out, however how it actually looked and the bright pink make me want to give it to my little sister to play dress up with

rated 5 of 5 on 9/21/2009 9:22:00 AM More reviews by assmith

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Blue

My old stand-by. It seems I try something newer, better, improved; but I always come back to the powder I have been using since high school. With several ivory-range shades, this powder can take me from winter-pale to summer-tan and back again, and has for more than a decade. Keep one in the car or in your work desk/locker for just in case!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/6/2009 4:54:00 PM More reviews by youdroppedabalmonme2

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I am finicky about foundations and didn't expect to meet my true love in the CG line, but Simply Powder is "IT" for me and has been for years. (BTW, if you're wondering, it is quite similar to the Oil Control Pocket Powder foundation in the blue case, but has a better sponge and more product in the package.) I wear it in Ivory and it's perfect with my fair, yellow-toned skin-- I find the "classic ivory" a bit too orangey. It comes with a nice thick foam sponge that's easy to clean if need be, and won't fall apart. What impresses me so much about this product is that it's a very fine-textured powder that looks soft, smooth, and velvety, unlike a lot of drugstore-brand powders that look chalky and obvious. It also controls oil as well as anything I've tried, and I have very oily skin. I just apply this evenly to my entire face after using my tinted moisturizer in the morning, and I'm good until about 5:00, at which point I just blot my face, re-apply my Simply Powder and blush, and I look fresh as a daisy. I just love touching my velvety-matte skin when I wear this.

I do recommend going a shade lighter with this product than you might think you need. It tends to run a bit dark. 5 thumbs up, Cover Girl.

11 out of 12 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No