MAC Hot Tahiti Lipstick

4.6

on 7/16/2010 2:33:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

I have found the MLBB lipstick I've been searching for. A tender, juicy and natural red that makes me look young, fresh. I would buy all the tubes I can get my hands on if MAC discontinues it

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

Love, love, love this lipstick! My all time favorite. It looks so beautiful with my skin tone and provides the best red lips. I'm an NW25. This lipstick is so smooth and has the right amount of shine that makes your lips look luscious. Will buy again and again!

on 6/20/2010 10:25:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Is it cool? Is it warm? Is that a blue note in it, or a coral one? I'm inclined to say....all of them. This color is alive and juicy, like a flower petal. It's vivid but wearable, classic but fresh. An enigma wrapped up in a conundrum wrapped up in a lipstick color.

It's the most wearable red lipstick I've ever met, OK for a more casual look, easily boosted into evening with lipliner. Sometimes a red mouth looks hard and untouchable, but this one really does deserve the adjective "kissable."

If, like me, you're not so young and dealing with lip lines, the moisture in this formula will keep your mouth looking lush, unlike some of MAC's drier formulas.

on 2/22/2010 12:12:00 AM

Skin: Other, Other, Cool

Love it! A great, bright shade of pinky/red on me, (NC 15.) I use with Half Red liner and love the results! It really has staying power when used with a lip primer. Great to wear with neutral eyes. BTW, don't trust the online swatch of this color, it's way off!

on 2/16/2010 9:37:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

Nice daytime browny-red colour (NC44). Used to use it all the time.. now, not so much. An easy colour to get lost in a huge stash of lipstick.

on 2/2/2010 6:34:00 PM

Perfect daytime red. The color is hard to describe... sort of a warm rosy wine red. Glazes don't last that long but I love the slightly glossy finish.

on 1/9/2010 5:39:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

This is a medium coral rose in a glaze formula. I find it's a little more pigmented for a glaze and it lasts longer too. I don't detect any heavy shimmer nor is it matte, just satiny. The formula is just perfect for the shade. It leaves a nice stain after wards that can be topped with gloss. I love this with Pinch Me blush! A must try and buy. I think it will flatter a lot of skintones. Definitely a holy grail for me!- NC15

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

This is quite possibly my favourite lipstick ever. I have a few others, but this is the one I reach for time and time again. I went in looking for the perfect 1940s true red, basically a MLBB colour, and (after explaining what I wanted) was offered this to try on. It's spot on! It can seem a bit dramatic at times on NC15 skin, even when the overall look is casual, but I don't mind. For me, it's confidence in a little black tube. I would definitely buy it again and again and again.

on 12/7/2009 11:13:00 AM

This is the only lipstick in the red family that works for me. A lovely raspberry shade, quite buildable for day and night. Smooth moisturizing formula, as well.

on 12/7/2009 10:46:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

This is a gorgeous color! I'm light-med. skin with blue eyes and medium brown hair. M.A.C. for the most part (have been let down once) has beautiful makeup! A++

Popular Lipsticks