I love this smell its AMAZING, also makes my skin softer !! And its under a dollar, but the packaging is paper so that not good if you use it in the shower because it'll become wet
It's so nice i love it sooo much!!
I'll be honest: I don't like any other Dove products - the haircare line especially. But the soap is a staple for me. I only use the unscented or sensitive skin kind, as it has a very mild fragrance and not the strong, rosey-soapy scent of the regular kind which I can't stand. I use this in the shower for my body and it never dries out my skin; and I've noticed something weird: when I wash my armpits with Dove, they don't get nearly as sweaty/stinky later as when I wash with other soaps or body washes (sorry if TMI!). I also use this on my face after an oil-based cleanser to remove makeup, or sometimes just on its own on light-makeup days. Last but not least, a bar of this stuff lasts a long time, as long as you keep it in a dry spot. I really love it, and just wish that the parent company didn't test on animals :-(
I use Dove to cleanse my face and body. Leaves my skin feeling moisturized and fresh. I have acne-prone skin and Dove does not break me out. In fact, I think it helps clear up my face. Cheap and effective. No need to purchase fancy cleansers.
I use Dove Beauty Bar as:
1.Shampoo (I didn't know my Mom gave me soft bouncy hair until I started washing it with this soap, the first time I did, my stylist in the hair salon was like "your hair is so beautiful today, what did you do with it?")
2. Makeup remover (Basically, I just wash my face with a bit more care when I have makeup on)
3. The ONLY facial cleanser (Oh yeah, I tried other 100% natural organic soaps, big mistake, not gonna do it again)
4. Body wash (Though sometimes I want to save this soap only for my face and hair so I wash my body with whatever else I can find in the bathroom, my body skin is a lot less picky than my facial one)
5. Shaving cream (Well, basically my shaving cream is whatever I am using to wash my body that day, I don't really have much body hair to begin with, so....)
6. It's actually mild enough to wash my private area with, yeah, you guessed it, I am a woman.
7. Whenever my sensitive facial skin feels like crap because of whatever stupid stuff I try on my face that doesn't work, sometimes it gets so bad that even water hurts my skin, I can always rely on Dove Beauty Bar to help me through until my skin is back to normal again.
8. It saves me A LOT OF trouble (and space) when I travel.
9. It saves me a lot of money while making me look my best (Yeah, no need for hair conditioner either)
10. I feel somehow very eco-friendly, just think about all the plastic bottles I am "not using"!
All I can say is, I wish I knew about this soap 10 years ago, and I don't wish to part with it ever again.
Dove bars are the best and the original is great!
But not if you have sensitive skin like me. I tried this originally but it aggrivated my acne just a tad, I switched to sensitive and everything worked perfectly. A full year with half the acne I had before thanks to Dove sensitive bars (And Retin A/ Clindamycin)
This bar is pretty good. I've been using it for quite a while to help control my combination skin. Ive been having a lot of clogged pores around my nose and t zone but dove hasn't made them any better or worse. Definitely gentle enough to use in my face and body. Didn't dry my face off or cause any excess oil production. I will repurchase.
This soap is the epitome of average. I used this as a child, but was tempted to give it another go following the rave reviews I saw here. Verdict: I should have trusted my childlike instincts! Just the scent is enough to drive me away, so chemical, almost alcohol-y, strident and monotone...average(it actually reminds me of the smell of the supermarket)! I'd much prefer Yardley soaps with their hint of sweetness, castile soap or even herbal soaps. Regarding the moisture, it does moisturize some, as it professes, but at the same time dries my skin out more than say, the clinique anti-bacterial soap for that matter. All in all ,It's not hard to find soaps better than this one, which I wish I wouldn've remembered before I bought an industrial amount of these soaps.
PROS: smell amazing, moisturizes, makes skin softer :)
CONS: are you kidding? There are no cons!
COMMENTS: I love tis soap. It moisturizes my dry skin and leaves it feeling smooth and soft and it smells so good. I would die for this soap, there's absolutely nothing wrong with it, and I'm super surprised it's not rated 5 stars! Who couldn't love this? I don't even know what to say... I'm just in love with this soap. <3 continued >>
I received 2 of these bars free through the mail. I first have to mention this was my first foray into barsoap. I"ve always used bodywashes,even as a child.
I used it today in the shower(not on face) and noticed it left kind of a sticky film on me. Maybe i"m just not used to barsoap but i just didn"t feel clean. I actually use the Dove bodywash and love it and ended up using it after the soap to get rid of the film. I"ll just use this for my hands.
My skin gets dry and after using this bar, it's better on liquid to my preference.