MAC Cream Colour Base in Hush

4.3

Octyldodecanol, Simmondsia chinesis (Jojoba) seed oil, Synthetic beeswax, Butyrospermum parkii (shea butter), Silica, Jojoba esters, Copernica cerifera (Carnauba) waz/ Cera carnauba/ Cire de carnauba, Ethylhexyl methoxycinnamate, Paraffin, Hydrogenated polyisobutene, Tocopherol, Ascorbyl palmitate, Alumina, Polybutene, PVP/hexadecene copolymer, Stearic acid, [+/- Mica, Titanium dioxide (CI 77891), Iron oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499), Bismuth oxychloride (CI 77163), Blue I lake (CI 42090), Carmine (CI 75470). Chromium oxide greens (CI 77288), Ferric ferrocyanide (CI 77510), Red 6 (CI 15850), Red 7 lake (CI 15850), Red 28 lake (CI 45410), Red 30 lake (CI 73360), Ultramarines (CI 77007), Yellow 5 lake (CI 19140), Yellow 10 lake (CI 47005)]

on 10/18/2009 9:30:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

It's a bit frosty for my style, but overall this product works its wonders. It can be used as a base for blush, eyes, lips, etc. Very multipurpose. I use it mostly as a base for powder blush, like "Shy Beauty" would be the best over on top of this CCB (creme colour base).

on 10/6/2009 2:10:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

I use this cream colour base before my powder blush. This is due to my skin being quite dry and the ccb really does prevent my skin from drying out, without it the powder would become cakey, then as the day progresses it would be patchy in places and totally faded in others. Before i used hush i could never have used a powder blush. I also find it makes a pretty good highlighter and shadow base-great to have a multi-purpose product that is multi-purpose, as i find that so many others may promise this but dont deliver.

on 10/3/2009 2:08:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Not Sure

i used to hate this ccb so much, it didnt know how to work with it very well, its not smooth it doesnt glide on your skin either. I bought this to use as a cheek highlighter, but i found that when i used my fingers, i would get inconsistancy, which annoyed me to the core, but i saw someone on youtube using a small brush to apply it. HELLOOO im so happy with the outcome, its not a glitter bomb, its a really perfect subtle sheen. My only dislike about this product is that the application isnt the best, and dont use this for eyeshadow, although it looks really pretty on the lids increased like crazy on me, and my eyeshadows hardly EVER crease on me. Next time i will buy a powder highlighter, will not repurchase

Skin: Normal, Olive, Neutral

I really like this color, its a nuetral base for all most any eyeshadow, especially pinks and browns.It goes on silky and smooth very light oppose to the Paint Pots by Mac which can be a little harder to work with,especially if you apply with a brush, you would have to blend more with the Paint Pots than with the Cream Color Bases, you can even apply them with your fingers.I like the Paint Pots its just a diffrent kind of Base.Hush is a light pink pearl color with a shine.I love it under any meduim tone brown eyeshadow.

on 8/8/2009 6:40:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

i basically only use this for highlighting above my cheekbones but WOW i still think it's worth every cent. the colour is beautiful! as soon as the MA put it on me i was sold. and let me just say that im not easily convinced by those MAC girls. so the cream colour bases are really sheer and subtle so you dont look like super sparkly or anything. a makeup artist was trying to show me some of the new mineralize blushes from the colour craft collection and they were pretty but SO SHIMMERY. i love frost and shiny eyeshadows so it just seemed like it would be really iccky if i had sparkly cheeks too.

but yeah. amazing colour. I'm NC 40 btw. if your skin is more pale i would maybe go for the ones that look white-ish...like pearl or if you're even more fair then luna

i think i might try pearl out too because i love these cream colour bases!!

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Other

I love this. Since I bought this last week I cannot stop using it. I love it. I use this above my blush for a highlight. I will buy this again.

on 6/25/2009 3:42:00 PM

I love multi-purpose products. I can use this as an eyeshadow base and highlighter! The color is a subtle golden sheen that gives you that "glow" that everyone loves. This doesn't become "shiny-glow"...which is great. I'd definitely buy this again if I ever run out.

on 4/14/2009 9:44:00 AM

Bought this based on the reviews here. It gives a lovely golden, subtle sheen when used as a highlighter. It looks pretty good now, but I think this will look even better when my skin is a bit darker in the summer. Not sure about staying power in the summer on its own though....

As an eye colour you do have to use UDPP underneath otherwise it'll crease like crazy, and as a lip colour I find it's best over at least lip balm becase it was quite drying. Dabbing a tiny amount in the centre of your lips over lipstick/gloss etc looks good too.

This is great value for money when you consider how little is used each application...and compared to something like the NARS multiple it's definitely loads cheaper!

Skin: Combination, Olive, Cool

One of the most valued products in my collection. I use it as a browbone and cheekbone highlighter and also as an added punch to my lipstick :-) The highlight effect is subtle, but noticable.

on 2/17/2009 4:23:00 PM

Skin: Other, Medium, Not Sure

This product leave a nice little glow to your face. I love a little on my cheekbones to give them a nice luminous, fresh look.