Bourjois Coup de Theatre 2 in 1 False Lash Illusion

3.2

I have purchased 2 tubes of this in the Black shade, but I don't believe I'll repurchase ever again. I really only have ever used the primer in it as I didn't care for the actual mascara part. I'll finish out this tube of primer and then toss it. Like another reviewer stated, if you want a good double mascara that offers greatness on both ends, try L'Oreal Double Extend. It's much better, and cheaper!

on 11/28/2006 8:14:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

this mascara was HORRIBLE. the brush looked like some kind of wire/bristle toilet brush or an old industrial bottle brush or something... on top of that, the mascara barely "stuck" to my lashes at all and didn't do anything special for them either. waste of time and money! if you're looking for a good double-formula mascara, try L'Oreal Double Extend instead!!!

on 11/14/2006 7:29:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

I have mixed feelings about the Coup De Theatre mascara, because one "half" of the product is great and the other half is just so-so. I love the lengthening primer, which really makes my lashes dramatically thicker and longer without being clumpy or flaky. The mascara itself, though, is nothing special, and when used by itself is really inferior to a lot of less expensive brands -- it's clumpy and stiff. I would repurchase just for the primer, and then follow it up with a different brand of mascara.

on 11/8/2006 5:48:00 PM

Didn't really like this, made my eyelashes quite hard and stiff looking. Like my eyelashes to look full and soft. Was really excited when I first bought it but wasn't too keen on it.

on 10/8/2006 5:13:00 PM

I have this in brown and I've bought it a couple of times. It's good for wearing to school as it's completely natural looking and holds a curl pretty well. It also doesn't clump and stays on very well. It doesn't lengthen lashes all that much though and doesn't thicken at all but to be fair it doesn't say that it will. Unlike other double ended mascaras I've tried it is very easy to cover up the primer and the brushes are nice and long and tapered which makes it quite easy to apply.

on 9/3/2006 12:23:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

I actually liked this product. It really lengthen my lashes and it wasn't clumpy. I tried it like two years ago, and it lasted me about 4 months ( I don't use mascara everyday). I would recommend it. The only thing I didn't like was that it took awhile to make it look good. Other than that, it was a good mascara.

The first of these "two stage", "dramatic look" mascaras I tried, and in my opinion this isn't the worst of them, but neither is it particularly good. You CAN build up extra length with white stuff, but it's a lot of hassle and I don't really see any benefit to having long spidery lashes compared to just wearing two (black!) coats of a decent quality dramatic thickening mascara. I also fret lots when I use one of these that I'm going to miss out a lash or two after I've done the undercoat and leave "white bits" showing, but maybe that's just me..... Anyway. If you do like these two-phase mascaras and have a particular requirement to build up lash length rather than just general volume, the L'Oreal one is better than this IMHO. In addition to being fiddly I also found this a dry, not particularly pleasant mascara to use.

on 8/9/2006 12:29:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I wanted so much to like this mascara, but I was very disappointed. It doesn't live up to its claim! After 1 coat of the white primer and 2 of the mascara, my lashes looked only slightly longer and not much thicker at all. I wasn't very impressed and am hesitant to buy another Bourjois mascara :-(

on 5/22/2006 6:54:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

I have long, semi-curled lashes, so most mascaras do at least something for me; as long as they don't clump my lashes or smear all over the place, I'm happy. I used this one when it first came out because of the primer (the first to have one I think, but mostly a novelty) and recently rediscovered it when going through my Bourjois makeup. For me, it's fine but it's nothing special. It didn't clump and looked decent at the end of the day, but there are a lot of mascaras that are able to create a much more dramatic effect.

on 5/3/2006 2:27:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

most disappointing mascara i've ever used, i had really high hope for it

it does nothing that it claims to do
1. cant hold the curl (i curl my lash everytime before i apply, but once i put it on, my lash becomes straight right away)
2. not thickening
3. not lenghtening
4. not waterproof

basically, i cant tell i put on any mascara, that's how bad it is