September 30, 2014 | 1306 users online

Makeup Brushes - MAC - 266 Thin Small Angle (natural hair)

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 on 3/14/2011 7:48:00 AM More reviews by ladolcediva

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Dark, Cool Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Amazing brush- a staple in my arsenal! Great for lining, use as a lip brush, & even smudging liner. I have 2 and will always keep this around.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/14/2011 7:30:00 AM More reviews by virtah

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

This is just as you would expect. AMAZING!! MAC never lets you down, especially with it's brushes. It is very precise. so many angle brushes just aren't thin enough or compact enough and the lines they create are not thin or fine enough. But this one is ace. a must have for anyones brush kit :)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/12/2011 3:24:00 AM More reviews by angelixia07

This is one of my favorite angle brushes. It's very good for doing eyebrows with both powder and brow pencils. With the pencils I first fill in the brow concentrating on the arch area and then I use this brush to fade some of the product to the front and ends of the brow. Its big enough that it covers the whole brow quickly but flat and precise enough that I can get the specific shape I want. I switch off between this and the Mac 208 for my brows. Most of the time, I prefer the 208 because it is much smaller and therefore more precise. I like to change the correct the shape of one of my brows in a very specific way that really requires precision to make it like the other one. I would recommend the 208 for most people that are not looking for that degree of precision since it is bigger and faster to do the brows.

I've also used this brush for lining my eyes and it works really well with powder. I've also used it with eyeliner, a soft one like UPDD 24-7 where I would directly use the pencil on my lash line roughly and use the 266 to wing out the product or thicken the line to how I like it. I don't like using this brush for gel liner, it is way too big that it picks up and wastes a lot of product and isn't very precise. I would recommend a 210 for that over this one. This brush is also good for putting in a specific socket line in the crease for like a cut crease look or something like that. You can also use this as a lip brush. Its actually really easy for doing a sharp edge for a lip.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/23/2011 1:33:00 PM More reviews by CookieDough117

My main use for this brush is filling in my eyebrows and it does a good job. I sometimes also use it to apply highlighter under my brows and line shadow under my lower lash line. However, I'm not sure if this brush would be good to use with gel liners as it seems a bit too thick and scratchy for that. I haven't tried it for this as I don't use gel liners but for people who are looking for a gel liner brush I'm not entirely sure that this would be the right one. It is great for filling in eyebrows though, I use it every day.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/21/2011 9:40:00 AM More reviews by jh0517

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I haven't read any reviews here that have mentioned the problem - the brush hurts when applying gel liner. The bristles are not soft enough for it to sweep softly over the sensitive eyelid area compared to other eyeliner brushes such as the 109. This is why I am rating it 3/5. It isn't bad, but I'd prefer my eyeliner brush to be soft enough to not worry about the angle I am sweeping the brush on the lid. I wish it was narrower. I think in general I don't believe that angled brushes work the best with gel eyeliners. I am honestly a little disappointed. Will not repurchase - wish I could refund.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/9/2011 10:46:00 PM More reviews by IslandGirlSPN

I have 2 of these brushes and have had them for several years. They have really withstood the test of time. They keep shape & havent lost a single bristle that I've noticed. Definately worth the $20 a pop pricetag. I initially used them for powder & gel eyeliners but now recently use them for more precise eyebrow shading. I prefer an even smaller tipped brush for eyeliner now because, altho this brush is wonderful, I feel it is still a bit big to make a very thin, precise line with the gel liners. A "yes" to buying again because I have but I probably wont get any others because the 2 I have refuse to wear out. (Which is great! lol)

rated 5 of 5 on 1/5/2011 4:21:00 PM More reviews by meganterese

This is my favorite brush to use with MAC's fluidlines. The angle allows you to make either very precise lines or wider and bolder lines. As long as you clean it off each time after using it, it maintains its great quality.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/27/2010 1:22:00 PM More reviews by anotherpartofme

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I love using this brush for filling in my eyebrows and lining my eyes! It does its job well and it's really easy to use it with cream eyeliner (I use MAC Fluidline). I could never do a nice line with liquid eyeliners so I'm really happy that now I can line my eyes easily with this brush! But it would be better if it was a bit thinner because it can get difficult to make really thin lines. That's why I rate it 4.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/19/2010 11:02:00 PM More reviews by emivnc

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I love angle brushes and find them much easier to work with than traditional liner brushes. They can be multi-purposed to apply cream or gel liners, to use powder to set any liquid, cream or gel liner and to apply brow colour. This one is such great quality and the tip is narrow enough for detail work but still picks up enough product. It can be used to taper liner outwards mistake-free and can also layer colour to create and even and intense line. I think this would be a great tool for someone who is new to pot liners as it is easier to get the hang of than the super thin eyeliner brushes. Also I have found that even high-quality liner brushes tend to splay outwards with repeated use and cleaning causing roque brush hairs to track liner outside the intended line area. This doesn't happen with angle brushes. Overall I think it's a must-have tool for any brush collection!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 12/1/2010 9:44:00 PM More reviews by lola88

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

If you are looking for a bent eyeliner/eyebrow brush, I would recommend the Ecotools brush instead of this one. It is better at a much lower price.