MAC 266 Thin Small Angle (natural hair)

4.5

on 6/16/2011 2:34:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

Just the right stiffness for eyeliner application. Perfect. It's not scratchy like the 208 so anything else after that mess is perfect with me! I read that the other users have a trouble with splaying bristles, but what I do is that after I clean it with the mac brush cleanser, I wrap the bristles with dry tissue and clamp it with an eyelid maker. The eyelid maker is like small tool asians use to give them a double eyelid. This tool bombed big time for me, but I'm glad that it is gentle enough to squeeze the bristles on the brush so that it doesnt splay! I just leave it there for 5 minutes, take it out and let it finish drying. (it's dry by then too) Great for cat eye! I use this with my fluidline. I dont know why other people say it's too thick coz I have tiny eyes, but this applies just well! Just thought I'd give the eyeliner-impaired a heads up! Be extra careful when using this for waterlines! You know when your hand jerks slightly and you end up poking your eye? ehem... that kind of happens with me on this one so I am thinking about getting something softer. The poking hurts.

on 6/8/2011 5:43:00 AM

This must be the best brow brush ever!
So glad I bought it, my brow routine has become so much easier with this, especially shaping the arch, which took me ages before, none of my brushes or pencils were precise enough. With this brush - just dip in wax, dip in powder, two strokes and you have a perfectly shaped arch with a thin tail, which I LOVE! It creates a really precise line so I guess it would be good as an eyeliner as well, but I prefer my synthetic angled eye liner brush from coastal scents.

on 5/26/2011 8:13:00 PM

I bought this about 2 weeks ago. I don't really use much makeup day to day (rushing off to the work in the am); but I think it is easy to do a fast cat eye with this one. I like it and have had other eye brushes but think this one makes the wings on both eyes more symmetrical, which is good. Would recommend!! :D

I love this brush! the angle is perfect for applying shadow on my eyebrows. I have had it for years and it is still as soft and affective as it was on the day I got it.

on 4/13/2011 8:55:00 PM

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

Makes eyelining so easy. I do not use liquid eyeliners or gels, I simply wet the brush and dip it in the eyeshadow of my choice and line with the shadow. This gives me countless variations which makes my morning routine so much fun!

on 3/30/2011 4:04:00 PM

Used it for 3 years now...haven't shed or scratched. Very good product but since it's so sturdy I wouldn't need to buy again lol...

on 3/23/2011 1:09:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Black, Curly, Fine

Love, love, love, love this brush. I have never been able to wear winged liner before this and would obsess in the morning for like fifteen minutes if both wings were even. Not anymore :) This brush also allows me to make my liner thin (I'm not a fan of thick eyeliner) and precise. Granted it is expensive and I'm sure there are cheaper dupes out there but I love it.

on 3/14/2011 7:48:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Cool

Amazing brush- a staple in my arsenal! Great for lining, use as a lip brush, & even smudging liner. I have 2 and will always keep this around.

on 3/14/2011 7:30:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool

This is just as you would expect. AMAZING!! MAC never lets you down, especially with it's brushes. It is very precise. so many angle brushes just aren't thin enough or compact enough and the lines they create are not thin or fine enough. But this one is ace. a must have for anyones brush kit :)

on 3/12/2011 3:24:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

This is one of my favorite angle brushes. It's very good for doing eyebrows with both powder and brow pencils. With the pencils I first fill in the brow concentrating on the arch area and then I use this brush to fade some of the product to the front and ends of the brow. Its big enough that it covers the whole brow quickly but flat and precise enough that I can get the specific shape I want. I switch off between this and the Mac 208 for my brows. Most of the time, I prefer the 208 because it is much smaller and therefore more precise. I like to change the correct the shape of one of my brows in a very specific way that really requires precision to make it like the other one. I would recommend the 208 for most people that are not looking for that degree of precision since it is bigger and faster to do the brows.

I've also used this brush for lining my eyes and it works really well with powder. I've also used it with eyeliner, a soft one like UPDD 24-7 where I would directly use the pencil on my lash line roughly and use the 266 to wing out the product or thicken the line to how I like it. I don't like using this brush for gel liner, it is way too big that it picks up and wastes a lot of product and isn't very precise. I would recommend a 210 for that over this one. This brush is also good for putting in a specific socket line in the crease for like a cut crease look or something like that. You can also use this as a lip brush. Its actually really easy for doing a sharp edge for a lip.