October 21, 2014 | 1290 users online

Loose Powders - Ben Nye - Bella Luxury Powder in Banana

(formerly known as Visage Poudre Luxury Powder)

rated 5 of 5 on 10/24/2013 5:35:00 PM More reviews by IfeAde

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

TO. DIE. FOR. oily skin .... Girls this is for you! I bought for £25 off eBay , realised I've been ripped off because I've seen it for £15 elsewhere. But anyways great for oil control and highlighting. That big bottle will last forever because you don't need that much per application. The bottle is awkward tho, could be better packaging for application with sponge.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/24/2013 1:02:00 PM More reviews by glamerous3059

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have 3 colors in this topaz banana and camel, I love them all I want more... I want more...
love this product! I was happy that it lived up to my expectations. The powder is very finely milled so it doesn't crease on fine lines. It goes on very sheer and a little goes a long way. Unless you use it as your regular face powder, a bottle will last you a looong time. I wish the packaging was better to carry all day in my purse, It not meant to be matte but I only get oily on my nose after 6 hours with this.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/21/2013 3:06:00 PM More reviews by mrstaylor13

I could definitely see this product being wonderful for someone with a warm olive or deep skintone, but definitely not for fair skin.. It is WAY too yellow and dark for fair-medium/fair skin.. I'm gonna try this product again when I start to get a little darker in the spring and maybe it will work better with a slight tan. Hope this helps!

8 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 10/15/2013 1:26:00 PM More reviews by iamyochana

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I love this product! I've heard so many good things about it so when I decided to buy, I was happy that it lived up to my expectations. The powder is very finely milled so it doesn't crease on fine lines. It goes on very sheer and a little goes a long way. Unless you use it as your regular face powder, a bottle will last you a looong time. Which brings me to the only con I have of this product - the packaging. While the sifter may be hygienic, a lot gets wasted because its hard to control what comes out of it. I wish they could do something about this.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/14/2013 8:50:00 PM More reviews by kawaiibrit

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

The only con about this powder is the packaging, but other than that this product is amazing. It sets my under-eye concealer flawlessly.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/11/2013 3:22:00 PM More reviews by blatantdream

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

While this powder isn't for everyone it is for me. The color is just right and the finish it leaves me with is amazing. I sometimes use it for highlighting portions of my face and sometimes as an all over face powder. It photographs well without a white cast when doing flash photography. I wouldn't say it controls oil well or does a terrible job at it. I have oily skin and it didn't perform any worse or better than any other face powders I have tried. Even oil control powders last about the same on me as this. So believe what you will but everyone is different and I guess the chemistry mix between the powder and my body is the same with this and other powders I have tried.

The price, it can't be beat. It was around $13 for a 3oz tub. This thing is huge. I will never be able to finish it. But the packaging is horrible. It's a cap with a sifter on top and unlike powder jars once the powder is out of the container, there is no well or anything on top of the sifter to hold it there. I've since poured this into an older face powder jar that I have finished with a sifter. This works out much better and I am experiencing less product waste.

Also ladies for those of you looking for a color match. Some reviewers say this is either took dark or too light for them. Do your research. Ben nye makes a range of colors for their powders. It may not be called banana powder, but it's essentially the same thing in a different color. I know everyone has hyped up this one color/powder, but if it's the wrong color it won't work for you. So don't just reach for it because everyone says omg you have to try the banana powder. Do your research. This is yellow.

11 out of 11 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 10/11/2013 1:37:00 PM More reviews by gildoush22

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

bought it to see what all the hype is about, its a really good powder, doesn't cake up foundation, though it does darken the foundation color into more of an orangey yellowy tone. but in summer season this will come in handy, im too light to use it purely as undereye powder although it does the highlighting job amazingly, wen I was tanner It was perfect. Only con is the packaging as everyone else is saying but u are buying a huge tub for 12-14 $

rated 5 of 5 on 10/11/2013 12:32:00 AM More reviews by Cadylately

PROS: blends very easily, works in warm tones even though it's yellow, great concealer, great highlighter. CONS: expensive (bought mine in eBay for a great deal though!), packaging is just dumb, I have to tap some into the cap and because I use so little, I can't put the cap back on til I've used everything in it

rated 2 of 5 on 9/24/2013 9:45:00 PM More reviews by Maybitters

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Loaded with parabens and reflective shimmer. Does not prolong foundation wearing time, therefore useless as a setting powder, also clings to any dry spots even on my extra oily exfoliated face, accentuates pores on my forehead and especially cheeks. Doesn't change the colour of your foundation to a yellow tone (damn lol) I have noticed a slight improvement in the appearance of my under eye area when using this as opposed to just bare foundation and this will be the only area I will be using this. You do get a lot of product for your dosh. Packaging sucks, mine has the sifter, and gets messy. Won't be repurchasing as I was more after a good matte setting powder and this stuff will last forever if only used under eye area

6 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 9/21/2013 10:50:00 PM More reviews by blubberina

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I like this powder. But with skin like mine that oils up really intensely - like I've-been-single-handedly-keeping-the-oil-blotting-paper-industry-alive oily - it doesn't do the job. Granted, it does keep the oil at bay longer than usual, maybe 3-4 hours away whereas without it there'd be oil on my face within 1-2 hours with the regular blot-and-pressed powder touch up routine. That's good enough for me! Besides there's just a finish to it which makes it look like my skin is glowing. That too makes it a hit for me. Still I'll probably buy the Neutral Set powder next in case I run out, just to try it.