MAC Satin - Orb

4.4

on 6/5/2009 12:08:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

So beautiful and natural!

on 4/30/2009 10:02:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

I am so in love with this color, I bought two! I had been using frosty colors for highlighting (such as Phloof!) but I decided that I needed a more subtle color for the browbone and this is it! It's so unique. Its a very pale peach that is almost matte, but has an iridescent quality to it, that makes it a great highlighter. It can be used with virtually any other eyeshadow color. Will definitely be using this often.

on 4/20/2009 6:32:00 PM

Great color to have in your collection. Can be used so many ways. I said I would buy again, but I like to change my colors up so I might not if I find something to replace it I like better at the time. But, one can always go back and get it at another time. But, with MAC eye shadows who know when you will ever really use them up. I keep my brushes clean and never touch the containers with my shadows with my hands. So they will last me a long time.

on 4/13/2009 3:50:00 PM

Orb is a must have neutral. It has a fleshy-peachy color to it and a satiny-matte finish.

This is great for lid or highlight and works with many many many other colors. I highly recommend this one for your palette.

This was recommended to me by the MA when I was looking for a wash to wear on my lid to wear with Star Violet in the crease. The MA recommended Orb b/c Star Violet has a lot of sparkle, and he said you shouldn't wear a sparkle as a wash if you have sparkle in the crease. Boy, was he right! I was REALLY impressed by this color. Paired with Star Violet in my crease, Orb added a new dimension to my eye. I will be pairing Orb will all my shimmery crease colors from now on. I highly recommend this color!!!

on 4/1/2009 11:34:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Cool

I usually love MAC eyeshadows but I was disappointed with this one. I'm not sure if the tub I have is defected or something.. but it just doesn't seem to show up on my skin! Doesn't seem to transfer unless I rub my 239 brush on it repeatedly and tap it onto my eyelid. I'm NC44 for reference.
For me it was a waste of money for no colour payoff, especially when I can use the tiniest bit of Shroom to get double the effect Orb gives me.

on 3/6/2009 4:17:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Tan, Warm

orb is one of my everyday looks eyeshadow, so i end up using it most of the week for work. i find that on my nc42 skin it lightens up my eye but manages to still look natural, unlike other shadows that tend to look too white. paired with cork, expresso, and a touch of brun/carbon always does the trick. However i didnt give it 5 lippies b/c i picked up an e/s at victorias secret on a whim a bit ago and my god it gives it a run for its money! its acually just enough smoother so that it applies easier than my orb. orb is a great color but the vs e/s makes me want to explore my options now. however i did hit pan faster than any other e/s ive owned with this one.

***if anyone knows what those victorias secret eyeshadows are called that would me GREAT! its the one that come in a cardboard case that opens and closes magnetically. they have different pictures of supermodels on the outside.

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

This is one of my must have colors. It is a satin finish; I find that it reads more matte, but it has the slightest shimmer to keep it from looking too dull. It is a peach tone, so it really helps to brighten up the eye area. (for reference, I am light toned) I like to use is as a base color, a highlight color, or to layer over other shadows to tone them down. I find the quality to be very nice, almost buttery. It goes on smoothly and blends so nicely. I highly recommend!

on 2/4/2009 4:12:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure

One of my must haves. Excellent for fixing up boo-boos and great highlight for my very tanned skin. Does not come up chalky on me, nor too matte, nor shiny. Subdued and subtle, just the way I want my daytime highlight should look.

I find that naked, vanilla, fairylight can be too shimmery and sometimes chalky on me, esp daytime.

NC40 for ref.

on 1/31/2009 6:10:00 PM

I was so looking for a nice plain matte base shadow and this seemed to be the better choice among some of the swatches of neutrals that I had swiped on. I was really looking forward to seeing how this worked with my basic day eye palette. And while yes it works, it just pratically molds into my regular old face power. For that kind of money I was hoping to have a least a little bit of a punch of pigment or I should have picked up a plain vanilla colour from a low end brand. I was expecting much more pigement. Should have bought Yogurt instead. And I feel like it doesn't brighten up my eyes as much I had hoped it would.