MAC Satin - Brun

4.5

on 8/20/2010 3:32:00 PM

Lovely deep brown colour, great for a dark brown smoky eye and often gets used during the day to line my lash line and give me a more subtle look that the dark black eye liner! Again, another great MAC eye shadow.

on 8/13/2010 11:56:00 AM

This is my holy-grail color for filling in my eyebrows and for liner when I'm doing a smokey eye. LOVE it.
I do not use this color on my lids when I am doing a brown smokey eye because on me, it almost comes out black.
If you are looking for a nice matte brown, I wouldn't recommend this since I think it will look to dark, almost like a grayish dark brown BUT I definitely would recommend this for eyebrow filler and liner, nothing beats this color for that in my opinion!

on 8/5/2010 9:22:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

This is a perfect colour brown for the crease/outer v and for smudging or lining along the lash line. Not red-toned at all. It's a nice, deep brown colour and blends really nicely with other shades for a seamless effect when used in the crease.

Skin: Other, Tan, Cool

Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium

this is the best dark brown eyeshadow color that i have ever seen! It looks great if u like black and brown colors. it looks Really sexy with dark or light hair. I will repurchase over and over and over and when i run out, over and over and over . . .

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

i don't know how this e/s doesn't get more love. it's AH-MAZING. i use it for everything eye related. seriously. brow filler, eye liner, all over lid color, outer v.
it's a cool brown tone which is probably why i enjoy it so much. i can't stand red toned browns. i spend so much time concealing dark circles, i just don't understand why i would want to use a red/brown shadow that mimics what i'm concealing.
i will continue to purchase this over, and over, and over again. if you're a brunette... you'll love this shadow.

on 7/5/2010 12:22:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse

I've been using Brun for a few months now to fill in my sparse eyebrows because it's a perfect match to my thick, jet black hair. However, recently I saw a picture of Kim Kardashian where Mario, her make up artist did a gorgeous, gorgeous look on her and wrote that he used Brun in the crease. Now, I use Brun for both my eyebrows and when I want a dark, yet not overly dramatic crease. I like the fact that it has no red undertones and that it's a cool brown. One slight complaint is that Brun doesn't blend amazingly. It looks great with other shadows but for some reason I am having a hard time blending, even when using my 217 brush.

on 6/25/2010 2:42:00 AM

In my teens and 20's I loved using Carbon to deepen and intensify my eye makeup, but I have found entering into my 30's my relationship with Carbon changed. I find Carbon can look a little more harsh and audacious then I personally prefer as I'm getting older. A MAC Artist suggested I try this shadow and I fell in love with this muted cool toned blackish brown. For me it's the perfect shade to deepen and intensify my makeup without looking contrived or brash. Don't get me wrong I still like Carbon and will keep it in my collection as it has it's purpose, but I reach more often now for Brun.

on 5/21/2010 3:59:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

Color didn't work for me. Was difficult to work with blending wise and I stopped trying.

on 4/15/2010 3:02:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

I use this to fill in my brows sometimes, but I just find this e/s to be lacking very good pigmentation. It's an OK product but I think I will just stick to other higher-quality brow powders instead of this stuff. Might look better in a smokey eye look versus as a brow powder for me.

on 4/5/2010 5:23:00 PM

I use this to fill in my eyebrows. Looks great and very natural. I have stick straight black Asian hair.

Top Rated MAC Products