October 31, 2014 | 1536 users online

Eye Shadow - MAC - Satin - Brun

rated 5 of 5 on 7/8/2010 3:13:00 PM More reviews by barefootboheme

i don't know how this e/s doesn't get more love. it's AH-MAZING. i use it for everything eye related. seriously. brow filler, eye liner, all over lid color, outer v.
it's a cool brown tone which is probably why i enjoy it so much. i can't stand red toned browns. i spend so much time concealing dark circles, i just don't understand why i would want to use a red/brown shadow that mimics what i'm concealing.
i will continue to purchase this over, and over, and over again. if you're a brunette... you'll love this shadow.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/5/2010 12:22:00 AM More reviews by JoieDeVlvre

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I've been using Brun for a few months now to fill in my sparse eyebrows because it's a perfect match to my thick, jet black hair. However, recently I saw a picture of Kim Kardashian where Mario, her make up artist did a gorgeous, gorgeous look on her and wrote that he used Brun in the crease. Now, I use Brun for both my eyebrows and when I want a dark, yet not overly dramatic crease. I like the fact that it has no red undertones and that it's a cool brown. One slight complaint is that Brun doesn't blend amazingly. It looks great with other shadows but for some reason I am having a hard time blending, even when using my 217 brush.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/25/2010 2:42:00 AM More reviews by lygophilia

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

In my teens and 20's I loved using Carbon to deepen and intensify my eye makeup, but I have found entering into my 30's my relationship with Carbon changed. I find Carbon can look a little more harsh and audacious then I personally prefer as I'm getting older. A MAC Artist suggested I try this shadow and I fell in love with this muted cool toned blackish brown. For me it's the perfect shade to deepen and intensify my makeup without looking contrived or brash. Don't get me wrong I still like Carbon and will keep it in my collection as it has it's purpose, but I reach more often now for Brun.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 5/21/2010 3:59:00 PM More reviews by xxaceswildxx

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

Color didn't work for me. Was difficult to work with blending wise and I stopped trying.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/15/2010 3:02:00 PM More reviews by Zeenat89

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I use this to fill in my brows sometimes, but I just find this e/s to be lacking very good pigmentation. It's an OK product but I think I will just stick to other higher-quality brow powders instead of this stuff. Might look better in a smokey eye look versus as a brow powder for me.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/5/2010 5:23:00 PM More reviews by bloodnite

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

I use this to fill in my eyebrows. Looks great and very natural. I have stick straight black Asian hair.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/26/2010 1:18:00 PM More reviews by shyred05

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

I use this to fill in my eyebrows. I have thick jet black hair but my eyebrows are annoyingly sparse! I like using powder than pencil because for me powder looks more natural. I use this shade with MAC's 266 angled brush. I must have used up 4 compacts already... and this stuff lasts a long time!!

Although right now, I am using Anastasia's Ebony Brow Powder duo but it is more expensive than Brun. Going back to my HG of brow fillers after I finish it up.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/21/2010 10:05:00 AM More reviews by zvrkmiki

Ok…Brun (Satin finish)…difficult to describe it…it is the coolest toned brown in the world, it even looks a little bit grayish. Very unique color. I have never seen a color like this. It is not dark as some reviewers say. It can easily be blended. It has a slight sheen, because of a finish.
Great buy, because depending on the color that you blend it with it is more brown or more gray. But definitely cool toned look.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/13/2010 2:23:00 PM More reviews by joeyanna

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other Eyes: Black

"Blackened brown" is the perfect description of this shade. It's very matte and dry, so the texture is chalky and not as easy to blend as other MAC shadows.

It's perfect for a smoky eye, but only if you want a softer alternative to matte black eyeshadows, like MAC's Carbon, which look too harsh on me. Most often, I use it along with a top black eyeliner to give my eyes extra depth using a small-tipped brush. I get compliments on my makeup when I wear this.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/3/2010 4:43:00 AM More reviews by brandi14307

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I got this because they used it on me for my wedding day makeup. I don't think i usually would of picked this up. But after this I pick up matte colors all the time. I love to use this with coppering or another sparkley color to not make it so matte.