September 17, 2014 | 1790 users online

Liquid - MAC - Select SPF 15 Foundation

image 0image 1image 2

rated 1 of 5 on 5/25/2011 8:43:00 PM More reviews by Beautyisbliss

This stuff slid off my face like an oil spill. After a week of wearing it I started breaking out in purple acne bumps that scarred. I am so mad I used this crap. After using it before I went to Mac to return, I asked the sa what she thought and she said it looked horrible. It also turned a horrible Orange color 4 hours after wearing. Buyer beware if you have oily skin.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/22/2011 1:48:00 AM More reviews by auroratoma

It's a good foundation.
The bad point is that it haven't an applicator, exactly like Colourstay by Revlon.
It leaves the face smooth and luminous.
It has medium coverage and it doesn't look like a mask when i apply it.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/21/2011 11:06:00 PM More reviews by lovejustinb246

been using for a long time i really like it

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 5/21/2011 2:43:00 PM More reviews by Dimanta

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I am matching NC25 perfectly so that is a plus for me, it is so difficult to find the right shade. I also like the bottle, similar to Revlon Colorstay but I like the silky top. Anyways, I tried it and I did not like it. I only love the texture when applied, seems so nice and ``soft`` and feels on very natural (at least for the first few hours) But the coverage is just light to medium. For me it is not enough, I need something to cover my blemishes and scars and this did not do it. Also, after using this, I am getting breakouts, it doesnt happen if I use Revlon Foundations or LM.
UPDATE: I gave a 2nd try as I wanted lighter coverage for summer and I like the soft texture of this foundation.. huge mistake. This morning I woke up with huge zit right on my cheek.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/30/2011 6:43:00 PM More reviews by missyace

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

acne-prone/combination skin. NC25. asian.

PROS
decent skin match
water-based
decent coverage
has SPF
can be layered
bottle lasts for a year

CONS
bottle packaging
slightly heavy feel
broke me out sometimes
watery

My first ever MAC foundation was this one. Throughout the years, I have developed a love-and-hate relationship with it.

I live in a dry climate and I find that some dry spots can be accentuated even more by this foundation. Also, if you tend to be oily like me, you would definitely have to blot throughout the day if you wear it! One summer, it was great for days I needed to switch from TM for extra coverage. The next summer though, it sort of broke me out even more. I already had breakouts and I needed extra coverage; so I used it almost everyday, thinking that would be fine, since it's water-based, etc. I was wrong, clearly.

I find that this foundation works best for me during fall/spring. Winter can make it too drying whereas summer can melt it off and break me out. The coverage is pretty good. You can wear it light if you put on very little; you can layer it for more coverage. It matches my skin pretty well as well.

rated 1 of 5 on 4/29/2011 2:50:00 AM More reviews by DarlaB

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

I have trouble finding any redeeming quality in this foundation. I told the MA I was wanted light coverage and something moisturizing and this is what she produced.
PROS
- If you purchase the pump, the packaging is very nice
CONS
- Despite being matched to NW15 this product is way to yellow for my skin tone and oxidizes to a horrible shade of orange during the day
- It seemed to sit on my skin rather than set and blend in, which in turn highlighted pores and any dry patches
- It faded within a couple hours to an inconsistent patchy mess
- It has a horrible plastic smell that lingers for hours
- It doesn't come with a pump, and IMHO you shouldn't need to pay for additional packaging in mid to high end products
Overall, this is hands down the worst foundation I've ever used. I kept trying to like it by testing it out with different primers or setting powders and using a different application technique but despite my efforts it always looked and felt nasty on my skin. If I could give it zero lippies, I would.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/19/2011 10:44:00 PM More reviews by bambigirl0512

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

I usually do not like liquid foundation, but occasionally I find myself needing a little more coverage then I get with a tinted moisturizer, and need more moisture the i get with a powder foundation. So, I headed over to MAC. I bought this in nw15, and it is an absolute perfect match to my skin, and does not oxidize at all on me. It is light but buildable coverage. I like the way it looks on my skin, for the first few hours. The problem is I use a very good primer, and I set this with powder and I find it builds up on the sides of my nose. I have to blot every few hours. I sometimes get oily in the t-zone, but not THAT oily. I cannot consider that a big complaint though because most light coverage foundations have these effects. For the small amount of time I use it liquid foundation, maybe 1 or a max of 3 days a week, I can deal with this.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/12/2011 6:50:00 PM More reviews by mialovecupcake

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Tan, Cool Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I got matched at my MAC counter to NC44. The MA applied it and it looked amazing so I bought it. I'm glad she helped me because I would have never chosen a shade like that for myself because it looks too orange in the bottle. It is a perfect match. It makes my skin look smooth and flawless. I use Mineralize Skinfinish Natural in Medium Dark over it, then the one in Dark as a bronzer. Since I have bought these products, my skin has looked amazing. I have been receiving compliments. My acne has also slowed down. I could not be happier unless my skin were to magically clear up COMPLETELY! My only complaint is that it would be easier to use if it had a pump.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/25/2011 8:31:00 PM More reviews by anjekim

After running out of my NARS sheer glow foundation, I went to MAC looking for a light to buildable medium foundation. I picked up Select SPF 15 foundation in NC20 and a sample of the Face & Body foundation in C1. After trying on the Select foundation for a whole day at school....

Pros: The Select foundation was easy to put on (I use a kabuki buffer brush), hydrating (I have dry combo skin), and had a natural/slightly matte look.

Cons: It DID settle into pores (there were dots). While it was buildable to cover my redness, I noticed that it faded away easily over a course of 2 hours and appeared grainy/spot like on my cheeks. It also oxidized quickly on my hand into an orangey color so you can't take a long time putting the foundation on.

I would not buy this again. On the other hand, I tried on the Face & Body foundation for today and I am pleased with it! It's good for dry/normal skin and is light, buildable and hydrating! It didn't leave a grainy/spot like surface on my cheeks after the day.
It's good for those who have fairly good skin though.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/23/2011 2:09:00 AM More reviews by Maddieo87

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

The only way I have found this works, is by using it as a tinted moisturiser. I add my oil free moisturiser to it for when I go to the gym/cheerleading, and I get a beautiful dewy/glowy finish with a bit of coverage. Other than that: this is terrible as a foundation alone.

It covers and looks pretty great when first applied. Then... it breaks up. It looks cakey around my nose. I get oily, even is winter with it. It doesn't photo very well. It accentuates dryness where I never had dryness before. The only plus is that it has SPF!

At the moment, I am using Illamasqua light foundation, which is beautiful and has the right colour for me. Though, this turns into the right colour for me once my white oil free moisturiser is added, so that's cool. I also don't have to search for a tinted moisturiser like I was going to. So again, that's good news. But yeah, I would not purchase this again, except to mix with my moisturiser. Big fail as a foundation.