The Body Shop Honey & Oat Scrub Mask

3.9

Not tested on animals
The Body Shop is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

Ingredients: Water, Oat (Avena Sativa) Bran, C12-15 Alkyl Benzoate, Kaolin, Honey, Glyceryl Stearate, Butylene Glycol, PEG-100 Stearate, Myristyl Myristate, Behenyl Alcohol, Glycerin, Hydrogenated Coco-Glycerides, Sodium Lactate, Benzyl Alcohol, Phenyl Trimethicone, Titanium Dioxide, Biosaccharide Gum-1, Phenoxyethanol, Hectorite, Sodium PCA, Fragrance, Saccharide Isomerate, Methylparaben, Butylparaben, Ethylparaben, Propylparaben, Citric Acid, Caramel.

on 11/6/2008 12:03:00 PM

Way too drying, my skin feels really tight after about two minutes, and it doesn't seem to do anything as far as "scrub" is concerned. The smell is nice, but that's not the point. I returned it after one usage.

*Click on "Continued>>" to view pics / full review*

At a Glance:
Price: RM55 / US$16.50
Website: thebodyshop.com
Weight: 100ml / 3.6 oz (102g)

Product Description

Triple action in double time. Smoothes and conditions normal to dry skins with natural kaolin clay, oatmeal and organic Community Trade honey.

Actual Product Pic:

My $0.02:

Texture & Taste:

This gooey mask spreads on smoothly, which is great because that means you only need a little product at any one time. It has rather chunky bits in it (which i assume are oat brans), but they don't hurt at all when you scrub your face with it. This mask doesn't really dry 100%, which doesn't really matter because i'm gonna wash it away anyways. Well i haven't accidentally tasted it yet (LOL!), so i don't know how it tastes like. It does have this typical Oat + Honey scent which can be quite overpowering, but i got used to it somehow.

Packaging:

This mask comes in a screw top pot as you can see, which i'm ok with, though i wish it came in a squeeze tube for hygenic reasons.

Time Test:
5-10 minutes is all it takes to use this mask, which is fantastic! :)

Price & Availability:
At RM55 / US$16.50, it is on the reasonable side :) As with most TBS products, the portion you get is generous, and should last you for at least half a year if you use it sparingly (believe me, a little of this goes a long way!). This is available at all TBS brick & mortar shops, as well as their official website (thebodyshop.com).

Usage:
It's really simple, just smooth a thin layer onto your face, applying slightly more product on your problem areas (for me they're my T-Zone and chin). Sit back and relax for 5-10 minutes. I do feel a very slight stinging sensation after 5 minutes, but it doesn't bother me. When the time is up, wet your palms and massage the semi-dry mask around for abit, then rinse it off with warm water. Pat your face dry and say hello to soft, clean and glowy skin:

ps: you don't have to follow up with a moisturizer after this because i feel it's quite moisturizing already! :)

In a Nutshell:

A wonderful deep cleansing mask that performs beautifully at an affordable price!

Likes: Cleans, scrubs and moisturizes in one easy step, easily available
Gripes: Hmmm, none so far. Maybe they can repackage this to come in a tube instead of a tub?
Repurchase: YES! :)

Rating: ! 5 Stars! HG Stuff!

Credits: Product photo from thebodyshop.com continued >>

on 9/20/2008 12:34:00 PM

i love the smell!
i am relaxed when this mask is on my skin!
although it doesnt really clean/exfoliate my skin,
it still makes my skin glowy and soft.
i really love this product!

on 9/7/2008 10:14:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Neutral

I do love this product. It's not a miracle worker. It won't remove acne or wrinkles or anything amazing like that. I would recommend it to anyone that has decent to good skin already. It just enhances softness and glow. It burns a little bit, but not horribly. I actually like to feel a product working, so this is ok to me. The smell is pretty nuetral and does not linger after it's washed away. The best part is massaging it in right before rinsing off. I leave it on for about 15 mins. I would buy this product again in a heart beat.

Update: This is about three years after my initial review. I have repurchased this three times. I go through phases with this stuff. Sometimes I really love it and other times I just forget about it. I still absolutely love the "natural" scent. Recently, I started using my new Clarisonic Mia2. When I use that device before this mask, the mask really burns because I think it opens up my pores. I will be purchasing my fourth tub pretty soon.

on 5/4/2008 7:35:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Whenever I'm in the mood to give myself a treat, I smooth on this luxuriously scented mask. It puts me in a good mood and when I rinse it off, my skin is glowy and smooth. Luv this product!

on 4/11/2008 7:07:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

I love this product. I use it when I feel like I want to pamper myself. It smells very nice and it makes my skin glow, it's great.

on 2/13/2008 6:48:00 PM

I love this mask! I use it as a "pick me up" when I feel like pampering myself. It may not be a miracle mask but it really makes me glowy afterwards! It smells good too. I also find it a great save when I feel ashy and nasty after a night of drinking or being sick. Not that expensive and it lasts a really long time. I only wish it did actually dry because I have to be careful when I am lying down with it on/touching my face for obvious reasons.

on 2/12/2008 8:03:00 PM

This masque is wonderful! It cleanses, exfloiates and moisturizes all in one! In just one use I could feel and SEE a difference! It's so gentle, but just as effective as other harsh, high end masques. I LOVE the smell, it's earthy and true to its honey and oat ingredients, sweet and soft. I agree with the concern regarding sanitary application, it should come with a little spatula or something, BUT, all you have to do is ask your Body Shop store for a few mini spatulas and they'll be happy to assist!

i love this mask!!! it really makes my skin feels smooth after using it :) but one thing is that i cant stand the smell...

on 12/13/2007 4:00:00 AM

The number one thing that I love about this product is the fact that it doesn't dry out my skin. It's really nice for someone who has dry skin like myself and definitely very luxurious for the winter time. The smell is awesome and weird all at the same time but it's not offensive or intolerable. If you're worried about the smell, just take a sniff at the tester and see if you like it. It's about 15bucks which is cheaper than high end masks but it's not drug store cheap either. I had to take off a lippie b/c I hate the packaging. It's super unhygienic to have to put my fingers in there every time I want to use the mask; I'd much prefer it to be in a tube format.

Popular Masks