The Body Shop Honey & Oat Scrub Mask

3.9

Not tested on animals
The Body Shop is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

Ingredients: Water, Oat (Avena Sativa) Bran, C12-15 Alkyl Benzoate, Kaolin, Honey, Glyceryl Stearate, Butylene Glycol, PEG-100 Stearate, Myristyl Myristate, Behenyl Alcohol, Glycerin, Hydrogenated Coco-Glycerides, Sodium Lactate, Benzyl Alcohol, Phenyl Trimethicone, Titanium Dioxide, Biosaccharide Gum-1, Phenoxyethanol, Hectorite, Sodium PCA, Fragrance, Saccharide Isomerate, Methylparaben, Butylparaben, Ethylparaben, Propylparaben, Citric Acid, Caramel.

on 3/2/2009 3:32:00 AM

I bought this at TBS promotion, buy any mask at S$10 off. Managed to pay only S$19.90 for this mask.

I love all TBS skincare, cos it works really well for me. Helps to reduce my outbreaks, lightens my marks and repair my skin.

This mask is a all-in-1 mask. It hydrates, exfoliates, deep cleanse at the same time. Can see instant glow after wash-off. I will follow up with TBS Vit E face mist and Vit E night cream. Love the smell of this mask. This tub is going to last me 1 year, I only use small scoop per week. Super value for money.

on 12/3/2008 7:59:00 AM

Hair: Other, Straight, Other

I love the fresh oatmealy scent of this mask, I'm always opening the container and sniffing it. The mask itself doesn't do much though, it doesn't exfoliate, polish or scrub like it claims- (3 in 1)- it might polish a little although I don't really see any significant differences. I gave it three lippies because although it doesn't do anything for the better it doesn't do anything for the worse either. I use it randomly when I feel like pampering myself, it's really too bad because I really love the scent of this. Edit: I love this. Any rough patches that my skin develops, this completely sloughs off. My sister, mom and boyfriend has tried this as well and they all love it. Will repurchase over and over again!!! Not to mention the price is extremely reasonable- it has lasted more than six months on three people for under twenty dollars Canadian. Love!

on 11/20/2008 1:20:00 PM

I don't understand what's the rave about this. Sure it looks effective with oat and money in it, but it just doesn't do anything. I normally do a mask every week, and with this one I sometimes forget to have a mask. Why? It doesn't do anything. Doing it once a week is like a ritual instead of actually doing something good for my skin. While it's on it stings just a bit, and once I wash it off all I see are my skin, no better, but a lot of my white heads have floated to the surface on my nose. So I scrape them off with a whitehead cleaner. But that is not the purpose of this mask! It just doesn't do anything it claims to do. And the oat exfoliating part, the oats are too big and soft it doesn't exfoliate well either. Smell can give a headache after a while.

on 11/6/2008 12:03:00 PM

Way too drying, my skin feels really tight after about two minutes, and it doesn't seem to do anything as far as "scrub" is concerned. The smell is nice, but that's not the point. I returned it after one usage.

*Click on "Continued>>" to view pics / full review*

At a Glance:
Price: RM55 / US$16.50
Website: thebodyshop.com
Weight: 100ml / 3.6 oz (102g)

Product Description

Triple action in double time. Smoothes and conditions normal to dry skins with natural kaolin clay, oatmeal and organic Community Trade honey.

Actual Product Pic:

My $0.02:

Texture & Taste:

This gooey mask spreads on smoothly, which is great because that means you only need a little product at any one time. It has rather chunky bits in it (which i assume are oat brans), but they don't hurt at all when you scrub your face with it. This mask doesn't really dry 100%, which doesn't really matter because i'm gonna wash it away anyways. Well i haven't accidentally tasted it yet (LOL!), so i don't know how it tastes like. It does have this typical Oat + Honey scent which can be quite overpowering, but i got used to it somehow.

Packaging:

This mask comes in a screw top pot as you can see, which i'm ok with, though i wish it came in a squeeze tube for hygenic reasons.

Time Test:
5-10 minutes is all it takes to use this mask, which is fantastic! :)

Price & Availability:
At RM55 / US$16.50, it is on the reasonable side :) As with most TBS products, the portion you get is generous, and should last you for at least half a year if you use it sparingly (believe me, a little of this goes a long way!). This is available at all TBS brick & mortar shops, as well as their official website (thebodyshop.com).

Usage:
It's really simple, just smooth a thin layer onto your face, applying slightly more product on your problem areas (for me they're my T-Zone and chin). Sit back and relax for 5-10 minutes. I do feel a very slight stinging sensation after 5 minutes, but it doesn't bother me. When the time is up, wet your palms and massage the semi-dry mask around for abit, then rinse it off with warm water. Pat your face dry and say hello to soft, clean and glowy skin:

ps: you don't have to follow up with a moisturizer after this because i feel it's quite moisturizing already! :)

In a Nutshell:

A wonderful deep cleansing mask that performs beautifully at an affordable price!

Likes: Cleans, scrubs and moisturizes in one easy step, easily available
Gripes: Hmmm, none so far. Maybe they can repackage this to come in a tube instead of a tub?
Repurchase: YES! :)

Rating: ! 5 Stars! HG Stuff!

Credits: Product photo from thebodyshop.com continued >>

on 9/20/2008 12:34:00 PM

i love the smell!
i am relaxed when this mask is on my skin!
although it doesnt really clean/exfoliate my skin,
it still makes my skin glowy and soft.
i really love this product!

on 9/7/2008 10:14:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Neutral

I do love this product. It's not a miracle worker. It won't remove acne or wrinkles or anything amazing like that. I would recommend it to anyone that has decent to good skin already. It just enhances softness and glow. It burns a little bit, but not horribly. I actually like to feel a product working, so this is ok to me. The smell is pretty nuetral and does not linger after it's washed away. The best part is massaging it in right before rinsing off. I leave it on for about 15 mins. I would buy this product again in a heart beat.

Update: This is about three years after my initial review. I have repurchased this three times. I go through phases with this stuff. Sometimes I really love it and other times I just forget about it. I still absolutely love the "natural" scent. Recently, I started using my new Clarisonic Mia2. When I use that device before this mask, the mask really burns because I think it opens up my pores. I will be purchasing my fourth tub pretty soon.

on 5/4/2008 7:35:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Whenever I'm in the mood to give myself a treat, I smooth on this luxuriously scented mask. It puts me in a good mood and when I rinse it off, my skin is glowy and smooth. Luv this product!

on 4/11/2008 7:07:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

I love this product. I use it when I feel like I want to pamper myself. It smells very nice and it makes my skin glow, it's great.

on 2/13/2008 6:48:00 PM

I love this mask! I use it as a "pick me up" when I feel like pampering myself. It may not be a miracle mask but it really makes me glowy afterwards! It smells good too. I also find it a great save when I feel ashy and nasty after a night of drinking or being sick. Not that expensive and it lasts a really long time. I only wish it did actually dry because I have to be careful when I am lying down with it on/touching my face for obvious reasons.

Popular Masks