April 18, 2014 | 1064 users online

Eye Shadow - Urban Decay - X eye shadow

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/24/2007 10:40:00 AM More reviews by Rachel1234

Lovely! The first time I used this I applied it way too thick and it looked like gold foil on my eyelids - ala ancient Egyptian Pharaoh sarcophagus. I was so upset as I thought I had made a huge mistake in purchasing this color online. But it looked so pretty in it's little tin that I decided to try again the next day. So the second time I applied this I applied it LIGHTLY, then it came out so gorgeous! On me, a pale PPP, this color looks like a golden-nude sheen. The pink and peach are perfectly balanced to create a beautiful flesh color that matches my own skintone nicely, and the gold shimmer is so fine that it just looks like a luminous sheen across my eyelids. It gives my eyes the look of soft flesh-gold sheen. SO PRETTY! The key for me is to apply it lightly - more is definitely NOT better with this eyeshadow. Love it, love it, love it! 5 lippies!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/2/2007 12:54:00 PM More reviews by Mandaleen

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I adore this eyeshadow! the color is perfect, just... gorgeous. Perfect alone or paired with a light pink shadow or even gold. I'd wear it more often if my sister hadn't stolen it!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/27/2007 7:42:00 AM More reviews by maan84

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

X is a lovely neutral eye shadow. It's one of my favorite eye shadows for a subtle everyday MU look. It's subtle but not boring.
I like to use it as an allover wash e/s on the days when I don't have much time to apply MU. But I can see it looking great with a lot of different colors.X is a subtle golden apricot color, it's shimmery bit not over the top. The texture is very smooth and soft, very easy to apply. I would definitely repurchase!! I love this eye shadow!

continued >>

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/8/2007 1:47:00 PM More reviews by asphyxiad0ll

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I'm usually one to wear very bright, pigmented shadows, but I've been meaning to delve into more neutral tones lately, for occasions when my crazy makeup isn't appropriate. So I swiped a bit of "X" on my fingers at Sephora, and fell in love immediately. I'm a PPP/GGG, and this looks lovely on me. It's a subtle golden apricot colour with lots of shimmer and a velvety texture. I like to blend this with some copper and gold, and it makes a lovely but subtle look on my dark brown eyes.

My only complaints about this are that I do seem to have a bit of trouble getting it to spread evenly - even with primer underneath. However, it's not a very big problem, so I'd likely buy it again, if I ever hit pan on this one. :)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/25/2006 1:51:00 PM More reviews by fetishdolly

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Pretty color, this gold peachy pink frost, reminds me of MAC's Gleam eyeshadow. I love it as a wash of eyecolor, I pair this with golds, pinks, and peach colors. Urban Decay for some reason feel a bit dry, compared to softer shadows like Nyx and Milani. These still blend well, and these are one of the few eyeshadows made by U.D that doesn't contain the fallout glitter. I will probably buy this again, after my Gleam and X run out.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/12/2006 10:22:00 PM More reviews by MsAzNqTpRiNcEsS

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Green

well...since i hated the texture of MAC's Gleam e/s...i opted for X....to tell u the truth, color-wise,i think Gleam is prettier since its peachier on my skintone,while X shows up more gold...i do adore the texture of X though! looks great paired with my MAC antiqued e/s..MMM w/ yellow undertone, C5/C40 skintone....

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/7/2006 4:49:00 PM More reviews by Luv_MAC

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is one of my HG colors. It looks just like MAC Deckchair pigment. It's a shimmery golden peach. Looks good on any color skin.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/31/2006 3:54:00 PM More reviews by Lipglossbitch

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I wouldn't regularly wear eyeshadows, but after receiving a palette with this shade I decided to wear it on one particular occasion, and I thought it was the prettiest eye shadow I have ever worn. It looks amazing on my blue eyes and brings out their colour to perfection. It is a great summer colour I think, it's cool as in the palette it looks like a coral shade but if you put it on you will notice multi-tones of pink and gold too. It isn't garish though, it's actually still quite subtle and it is perfect for a "natural make-up" day.Gorgeous.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/31/2006 1:47:00 PM More reviews by Kylie

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I have been searching high and low for the perfect pinky gold shadow. I have a really hard time with pinks because they can look too pink on me or make me look as though I have had no sleep. The search is over, this one is perfect. This also gives such a pretty sheen to my lids. It looks great as a wash or paired w/ other shadows (it looks really pretty with bronze).

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/30/2006 12:18:00 AM More reviews by verybecca

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

$15 is the most I will spend on a single e/s - UD makes great ones at that price so I always know I'm getting something good that I will use a lot. UD X is no exception. It's a gorgeous shimmery peach with gold and coral iridescence and can look natural or fun, depending on what it's paired with. I love this new find!!!