MAC Matte - Wedge

4.5

Talc, Zinc Stearate, Octyldodecyl SStearoyl Stearate, Isotearyl Neopentanoate, Tocopheryl Acetate, Caprylyl Gycol, Hexylene Glycol, Phenoxyethanol, [ /- Silica, Mica, Titamium Dioxide (CI 77891), Iron Oxide (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499) Bismuth Oxychloride (CI 77163), Blue 1 Lake (CI 42090), Carmine (CI 75470), Chromium Hydroxide Green (CI 77288), Ferric Ferrocyanide (CI 77510), Manganese Violet (CI 77742), Red 40 Lake (CI 16035), Ultramearines (CI 77007), Yellow 5 Lake (CI19140)]

on 9/20/2011 9:32:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Other

Wedge eyeshadow is a slightly gray brown that doesn't appear to have any red or purple in it. It is dark enough to cover some discoloration I have above my mature lids but not so dark that it would be called a smokey eye or very obvious I am wearing eyeshadow. It is just a very medium, neutral, easy to wear crease color that I pair with all my neutral lid colors such as Naked Lunch and Brule. I recently bought Moleskin which is a limited edition from the Mac Me Over collection, and it is very similar to Wedge and just as easy to wear. Except for these two colors, everything else I have tried does not look right in my crease. If you can't find any color looks good in your crease at all or if you have mature lids and want a matte color without shimmer, try Wedge, it just might work for you.

on 8/4/2011 9:04:00 PM

I use Wedge as my crease color when I wear neutral eye shadows. It's great if you want define your eye but keep it looking natural. You know how you brow bone or orbital bones cast shadows and make your eyes look deeper set or more dramatic in some photos? Wedge can create that for you!

If I run out I would definitely repurchase!

on 6/22/2011 4:28:00 AM

This colour is matte light brown and great for contouring. It is probable the lightest I would go for the crease area. It has great pigmentation and blends well. Excellent product!

on 6/15/2011 3:15:00 PM

I alternate between wedge & soft brown for that perfect neutral crease color. This is more cool than soft brown, but both work perfect for my skintone (NC25/30).

Very good pigmentation and easily blendable.

on 6/11/2011 8:14:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

An absolute make-up staple for me. I've auburn/brown hair and fair skin with green/grey eyes.

I use this colour either in my crease or over the whole lid up to the crease. Looks particularly good as a contrast to Mac Vanilla eyeshadow for a neutral, polished daytime look.

Makes the green in my eyes really stand out.

on 5/19/2011 6:48:00 PM

Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium

The best eyeshadow from MAC for me! I've auburn hair and light skin, so this is my favorite color when it comes to a single eyeshadow look in the whole lid or as a blending color in crease. This is my to-go eyeshadow and it works on every fair to medium dark skin color. It may be the eyeshadow that everybody needs in their makeup collection. If you´re unsure about which color to buy at MAC Wedge is the one.

on 5/14/2011 2:21:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I'm currently using this for my brows, I love the shade and it works perfectly. I also like that it's available in a single container, I dislike how most brow product come as a set and I only use one part of it (feels like a waste.)

One issue is, it breaks me out every once in a while. I can't wear MAC e/s daily on my lids because they are very irritating. I've searched for another product but always come back to Wedge since it's the perfect match. The search continues, but I will continue using this until I find something better.

on 5/13/2011 11:31:00 PM

Hair: Red, Wavy, Other

I'm a redhead with very fair skin. This is a great shadow to have in my collection. I usually stick to neutrals so this works perfectly in the crease or all over the lid. This can also work for the brows. It blends very well and is easy to work with. Love it!

on 5/10/2011 3:41:00 PM

wedge wedge wedge, such an amazing color . its so transitional and pretty much goes with ANY eye look. its amazing. Will always re-buy

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Wedge is an HG staple e/s that I have used for years and can't believe that I haven't yet reviewed it. As other reviewers have mentioned, it simply goes with everything, can be mixed and matched with so many colors or used alone with other nude shades. I like to use this with MAC's Charcoal Brown, my UD Naked Pallette's Naked and Buck, with Virgin on my brow bone, lined with Bobbi Brown's cream gel liner in Sepia Ink for a perfect nude eye that goes with any bold lip color. Sometimes I will wear this in my crease with MAC's Patina on the lid, lined with MAC's Embark for a quick and easy neutral eye. This is a staple color everyone should have!

Video Reviews & Tutorials