April 20, 2014 | 1702 users online

Cleansers - Burt's Bees - Orange Essence Facial Cleanser

rated 4 of 5 on 10/19/2010 4:19:00 PM More reviews by lady_vanilla

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Black

Updated review on Apr 2 2011:
I changed the way I use this cleanser. I wet my face with warm water and wipe most of the water off with my hands then I take a pea size amount of the cleanser and use it with my Pretika facial brush instead of a washcloth. It's way more effective! I usually will get like a few acne a week before or the week of my period but now, I hardly get any. It does dry my skin a tiny bit but I have super dry skin anyways but there's no tightness after. I just slather my toner and moisturizer after to kill the dryness. I just love this. This is my 2nd tube and yes, I'm definitely buying this again.

1st review:
I got this cleanser after Neutrogena is harsh for my skin. I love Burt's Bees Orange Essence Facial Cleanser. The product is an orange gel but do not foam up. It feels oil like and you need to use the OCM for this cleanser. It does refresh my face after washing it and I use a warm cloth to rinse off the waxy feeling. It does moisturized and clear my skin. The smell is so inviting. It smells just like oranges so if you're not a fan of oranges, stay clear. It comes in a tube which is a plus but the cap is a minus. Screw on cap isn't the most effective to have when you're in the shower. Hopefully, they will change it. I will buy this product again since it works for me and it is pretty cheap for a 100% natural cleanser.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/16/2010 12:53:00 AM More reviews by Fyankevich

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

The aspect I find most appealing about this product is the fresh orange scent. It smells like a juicy, freshly sliced orange! Overall, I find this product to do an adequate job of cleaning my skin, and it appears to do a good job of moisturizing. I have noticed that I've been getting a small amount of milia on my cheeks, but I'm not sure I can attribute that to the cleanser. Honestly, I'm a sucker for the scent and it doesn't dry out my skin, so I would definitely buy this product again.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/25/2010 2:27:00 AM More reviews by crickett85

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I just LOVE the scent of Burt's Bees Orange Essence Facial Cleanser. It also leaves my skin feeling fresh and has improved the clarity of my skin. After about 2 weeks of use I noted a greater clarity than I'd seen in awhile. The orange oil also provides natural antioxidants. This product really performs as well as some cleansers and treatments literally costing 10 times the price of this item (about $6).
I apply a little of this to my moistened skin and massage with my fingers for about a minute. I then use a clean washcloth and warm water to remove. It leaves my skin soft and glowing. It hasn't caused any irritation to my sensitive skin. Of course, one can't use this to remove eye makeup. I use olive oil for eye makeup removal. Orange oil is not meant to be used around the eyes.
I highly recommend this product.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/27/2010 12:31:00 PM More reviews by Samanthazahra

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have to say i really am on the fence with this one. I'm a huge cleansing oil fan and loved that I had found this product that was oil based, was 100% natural, gently but thoroughly removed every trace of my makeup and impurities and left my skin feeling conditioned. i also ALWAYS make sure i thoroughly rinse my face clean with warm water. i know that incorrect method is a huge culprit for bag reviews.

the reason why i will not be repurchasing is that i did notice the tiniest cystic pimples appearing at random places on my face after prolonged use. i am lucky to say i generally have clear and happy skin and do use a very simple and solid routine. i do suspect it maybe the olive oil as i broke out in cystic acne once when i used it on its own. meanwhile, lanolin while particularly moisturizing is known for being quite the irritant but i'm really thinking it's because this is olive oil based, which i regard as just way too heavy for the face.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/15/2010 8:52:00 AM More reviews by sambqt

I picked this up on a whim along with a bar of poison ivy soap. The skincare products I've used for years irritated my poison ivy infested face, so I tried this cleanser. To my amazement, the little bumps and clogged pores on my nose and cheeks cleared up for the first time in years. I've since resumed using foundation (which I had assumed was the pore-clogging culprit) and my skin is still amazingly clear. Love this stuff.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/5/2010 9:09:00 AM More reviews by dianasheglova

Nice cleanser, but not HG.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/2/2010 11:26:00 PM More reviews by Pinkify

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I'll start off by saying that I have really sensitive skin; a lot of facial cleansers I use tend to burn, break me out, etc. I've been using this product now for a solid 7 weeks, sometimes both morning and night, and I really like it. My skin (usually a headache) has been very consistently smooth, and it does a good job cleaning off dirt and makeup. I haven't had any problems with any residue leftover, so I think the key is moderation- a little of this is all you need.

I'm almost completely out of this now, and will be switching to another cleanser that I've had sitting around for a while, but I would definitely repurchase this product in the future.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/4/2010 11:51:00 PM More reviews by hummingfish

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Another favorite from Burt's Bees. This cleanser feels and and smells great, and removes most dirt and makeup. It's weaker than the Soap Bark deep cleansing cream I'm using now but I may go back to it after I'm done with my current tube - switching cleansers and toners occasionally seems to work best for my skin.

rated 2 of 5 on 6/26/2010 9:46:00 AM More reviews by rikasmith

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

The orange smell is kind of strong and I'm not sure if this really did anything. My skin didn't feel particularly cleansed after using this product. Disappointed.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/22/2010 2:37:00 PM More reviews by AlexaElisabetta

I remember using this product a few years ago as a teen when I had really quite beautiful skin. Then BAM I turned 18 and my flawless skin turned really irritated, red and pimply. I began experimenting with many different products and supplements to help fix my skin but most of them only made it worse (including BC pills).

Recently (at almost 20 yo) my skin has been getting better and better (whether by using better products, or simply growing out the acne, I don't know) but after looking through some pictures of myself as a teen with beautiful skin, I was reminded of this cleanser and went and bought a tube at my local Organic Store.

OH MY GOD am I ever glad I did! I have been using this cleanser again for about a week, and this, in combination with my Jason Vitamin e Cream has been transforming my skin!

What I do is wet my face and massage slightly more than a pea-sized amount of this cleanser in to my face. I massage for about 30 seconds-1 minute, and then let it sit on my face for a minute more. Then I rinse with some warm water, and gently rub/exfoliate it off with a sea sponge for maybe a minute! I think this is really key to using this cleanser so that you don't get that "residue" that some reviewers have mentioned. Though I am still left with a nice layer of protective oils on my face after, it does not clog my EASILY CLOGGED skin. This cleanser does not dry out my skin at all-which is great for me because my skin is so dehydrated. I am sure using a cloth to take it off would be fine, but that personally irritates my skin, so I prefer a sea sponge.

Every morning now I am waking up with skin that is beautiful and glowingly healthy. I have this cleanser to thank for that (as well as my Jason Vit E Cream, and my Estee Lauder Advanced Night Repair) I would highly recommend all three of these products if you have dry, irritated skin!