Burt's Bees Orange Essence Facial Cleanser

3.4

Not tested on animals
Burt's Bees is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

Vegetable Glycerin, Olive Oil, Orange Oil, Oat Flour, Lanolin, Oat Oil, Aloe (Aloe Barbadensis) Leaf Juice, Vegetable Oil, Beta-Carotene, Tocopherol (Vitamin E), Quillaja Extract, Rosemary Leaf Oil

This stuff is just lovely. It makes me think (NOT in a bad way), of the ' Orange Glo' household solvent, but reinvented for your your face!
First, it dissloves all of the gunk left from your makeup (yes, even long wear products and mascara)-and impurities from your general day: a slpash of warm water, a good masage over the skin with a dollop of this(a little goes a lonnnng way), and remove with a warm wet washcloth-poof-instant purity for your skin which retains a truly comfortable softness, even before your moisture regimen.
It works for my dry,sensitive skin, dissolving all the days debauchery and rinsing it down the drain, and posseses a gorgeous orange aroma.
I bought this on a whim, looking for a replacement for greasy (yet effective),cold cream, and I'm not dissapointed. The Orange essence cleanser has a touch of care that cold cream lacks.
A swipe of witch hazel, a good serum and moisturizer, and that"ll do. (Well exfoliate a few times a week too!). Really, that's all I need!
I feared a heavy oilslick from this, even though my skin is dry, but my fears were in vain. Such a great, gentle solvent! LOVE this and highly reccommend.
For reference, my skin is dry and sensitive, and I wear too much makeup,this purifys my face as the best first step to my skin care regimen. Use only once a day though, or you MAY get the buildup of, well, beeswax. Use nightly. Fab makeup remover with a rejuvinating aroma.
Charming naturesque packaging with a slight hippie vibe, availible in most Cvs and Walgreens stores. Roughly 8.00,USD.

on 12/30/2010 1:35:00 PM

I wanted to buy a daily cleanser that was preferably organic or natural. This product has beneficial ingredients such as olive oil and has a divine smell of citrus. But, this isn't a cleanser I would use daily because I have mild-ish acne and it is very moisturizing to the point of there being a film over my face. So, I've decided to use this twice or three times a week in case I break out from the excess moisture. Overall, I'm absolutely loving this brand because of their effort to provide natural products.

on 12/26/2010 9:33:00 AM

I've never written a review for anything before, but I love this product so much I wanted to rave. :-) I've tried a lot of different cleansers but my skin is very sensitive and dry, and I hate that "pinched" feeling I get as soon as I rinse them off. I decided to give this a shot (and tried to ignore the $7.99 price tag, which isn't awful but is still more than I'd normally spend)... and I love it! I don't use it every day, since it is a bit heavy; every other day I'll use it, then I put on St. Ives Fresh Skin moisturizer right afterwards, and my skin's never felt softer. It's also helped to even out my skin which occasionally has small dry patches, especially in the winter. I'm very pleased and will definitely be buying again.

on 12/21/2010 11:27:00 PM

This is an excellent product for makeup removal and "deep" cleansing; I generally use it at night and Its moisturizing enough that it's often all I need, esp. in summer. I love its jellied texture and natural fragrance, and if you accidently get any in you mouth, its pretty tasty! Its also non-irritating and hasn't broken me out yet. I recommend using it with wet hands on a dry face as directed, and removed with a wet washcloth or sponge. This way I've never had a problem with any sort of film or greasiness. The only problem I have is that it doesn't seem particularly concentrated - you have to use a pretty good splodge to get really clean, or at least clean-feeling. at 7.99, it's perfectly reasonable; just not my HG.

on 11/11/2010 7:03:00 AM

I personally love this cleanser. It is very reasonably priced for a 100% natural cleanser and has a refreshingly tangy orange scent. Wakes me right up in the morning, leaves my skin really smooth and soft, not drying at all, but still leaves me feeling refreshed. I personally have really dry skin though, so this may be too heavy for those with oilier skin. I also haven't tried to remove make up with it, as I'm just using this as a regular, daily cleanser--for which this is perfect:) It's a refreshing, gentle everyday cleanser for people with dry skin, so if that's what you're looking for, this is great!

UPDATE: I can't use this every day anymore -- it's too rich so it's making me break out. I'll still use it 2-3 times a week; that should be fine.

on 11/9/2010 10:59:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

This is my second bottle of this stuff, and thats saying something since I have to LOVE something to re-buy it. Most of the time if something works, i will still look at other stuff.. ANYWAY enough about me. well, actually, about my skin: I have EXTREMELY dry skin and its really sensitive. This cleaner doesn't strip my skin of moisture and is super gentle. I have a naturally reddish complexion, and this cleaner actually lessens the redness and hasnt caused any breakouts. I havent experienced that waxy feel that everyone talks about... A lot of people say that its really thick and they can't apply it, but you have to get some cleaner on your hand and then run it underwater for a couple of seconds so it looks somewhat milky, and apply it to a wet face, and then you can see it and it doesnt feel like super thick gel. Overall, my HG moisturizer! One more thing, it smells amazing. like fresh squeezed oranges :)

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I loved this product makes my skin really glow, i have oily skin and didnt think this being a orange oil product would go down well with me.BUT IT WORKED WONDERS it made my skin appear more awake and bright giving me a good glow, i got a smaller size in a gift set but a little went along way, i plan to purchase the full sized tube but have seen that it is rather pricey, ranging from 9-11 roughly in the UK.Which in my opinion is quite expensive for a cleanser but for the difference its made in my skin i dont think i should compramise, i have noticed that this has reduced my spots, but i have used it along side aqeaous cream(moisturiser),st ives apricot scrub(exfoliater),clean and clear spot clearing lotion(Toner/Lotion) and byebye blemish spot treatment(spot treatment) trying hard to drink pleanty of water to clear toxins out of my body and get clearer skin, which i have to admit is the best treatment you can do. Im not sayying this cleanser is gonna work as well as it did for me as all skin types are different even those with oily skin can responed differently to products, so i wouldnt say this is gonna work amazing for everybody but if you get the chance to try it if maybe a friend has it try it it might just work or if there is an offer on give it ago you may just be impressed.

on 10/19/2010 4:19:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

Updated review on Apr 2 2011:
I changed the way I use this cleanser. I wet my face with warm water and wipe most of the water off with my hands then I take a pea size amount of the cleanser and use it with my Pretika facial brush instead of a washcloth. It's way more effective! I usually will get like a few acne a week before or the week of my period but now, I hardly get any. It does dry my skin a tiny bit but I have super dry skin anyways but there's no tightness after. I just slather my toner and moisturizer after to kill the dryness. I just love this. This is my 2nd tube and yes, I'm definitely buying this again.

1st review:
I got this cleanser after Neutrogena is harsh for my skin. I love Burt's Bees Orange Essence Facial Cleanser. The product is an orange gel but do not foam up. It feels oil like and you need to use the OCM for this cleanser. It does refresh my face after washing it and I use a warm cloth to rinse off the waxy feeling. It does moisturized and clear my skin. The smell is so inviting. It smells just like oranges so if you're not a fan of oranges, stay clear. It comes in a tube which is a plus but the cap is a minus. Screw on cap isn't the most effective to have when you're in the shower. Hopefully, they will change it. I will buy this product again since it works for me and it is pretty cheap for a 100% natural cleanser.

on 10/16/2010 12:53:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

The aspect I find most appealing about this product is the fresh orange scent. It smells like a juicy, freshly sliced orange! Overall, I find this product to do an adequate job of cleaning my skin, and it appears to do a good job of moisturizing. I have noticed that I've been getting a small amount of milia on my cheeks, but I'm not sure I can attribute that to the cleanser. Honestly, I'm a sucker for the scent and it doesn't dry out my skin, so I would definitely buy this product again.

on 9/25/2010 2:27:00 AM

I just LOVE the scent of Burt's Bees Orange Essence Facial Cleanser. It also leaves my skin feeling fresh and has improved the clarity of my skin. After about 2 weeks of use I noted a greater clarity than I'd seen in awhile. The orange oil also provides natural antioxidants. This product really performs as well as some cleansers and treatments literally costing 10 times the price of this item (about $6).
I apply a little of this to my moistened skin and massage with my fingers for about a minute. I then use a clean washcloth and warm water to remove. It leaves my skin soft and glowing. It hasn't caused any irritation to my sensitive skin. Of course, one can't use this to remove eye makeup. I use olive oil for eye makeup removal. Orange oil is not meant to be used around the eyes.
I highly recommend this product.