July 23, 2014 | 1543 users online

Cleansers - Burt's Bees - Orange Essence Facial Cleanser

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/11/2010 7:03:00 AM More reviews by sara942

I personally love this cleanser. It is very reasonably priced for a 100% natural cleanser and has a refreshingly tangy orange scent. Wakes me right up in the morning, leaves my skin really smooth and soft, not drying at all, but still leaves me feeling refreshed. I personally have really dry skin though, so this may be too heavy for those with oilier skin. I also haven't tried to remove make up with it, as I'm just using this as a regular, daily cleanser--for which this is perfect:) It's a refreshing, gentle everyday cleanser for people with dry skin, so if that's what you're looking for, this is great!

UPDATE: I can't use this every day anymore -- it's too rich so it's making me break out. I'll still use it 2-3 times a week; that should be fine.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/9/2010 10:59:00 PM More reviews by greencatydid

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is my second bottle of this stuff, and thats saying something since I have to LOVE something to re-buy it. Most of the time if something works, i will still look at other stuff.. ANYWAY enough about me. well, actually, about my skin: I have EXTREMELY dry skin and its really sensitive. This cleaner doesn't strip my skin of moisture and is super gentle. I have a naturally reddish complexion, and this cleaner actually lessens the redness and hasnt caused any breakouts. I havent experienced that waxy feel that everyone talks about... A lot of people say that its really thick and they can't apply it, but you have to get some cleaner on your hand and then run it underwater for a couple of seconds so it looks somewhat milky, and apply it to a wet face, and then you can see it and it doesnt feel like super thick gel. Overall, my HG moisturizer! One more thing, it smells amazing. like fresh squeezed oranges :)

rated 4 of 5 on 10/22/2010 2:57:00 PM More reviews by allthatshimmersx

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I loved this product makes my skin really glow, i have oily skin and didnt think this being a orange oil product would go down well with me.BUT IT WORKED WONDERS it made my skin appear more awake and bright giving me a good glow, i got a smaller size in a gift set but a little went along way, i plan to purchase the full sized tube but have seen that it is rather pricey, ranging from 9-11 roughly in the UK.Which in my opinion is quite expensive for a cleanser but for the difference its made in my skin i dont think i should compramise, i have noticed that this has reduced my spots, but i have used it along side aqeaous cream(moisturiser),st ives apricot scrub(exfoliater),clean and clear spot clearing lotion(Toner/Lotion) and byebye blemish spot treatment(spot treatment) trying hard to drink pleanty of water to clear toxins out of my body and get clearer skin, which i have to admit is the best treatment you can do. Im not sayying this cleanser is gonna work as well as it did for me as all skin types are different even those with oily skin can responed differently to products, so i wouldnt say this is gonna work amazing for everybody but if you get the chance to try it if maybe a friend has it try it it might just work or if there is an offer on give it ago you may just be impressed.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/19/2010 4:19:00 PM More reviews by lady_vanilla

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Black

Updated review on Apr 2 2011:
I changed the way I use this cleanser. I wet my face with warm water and wipe most of the water off with my hands then I take a pea size amount of the cleanser and use it with my Pretika facial brush instead of a washcloth. It's way more effective! I usually will get like a few acne a week before or the week of my period but now, I hardly get any. It does dry my skin a tiny bit but I have super dry skin anyways but there's no tightness after. I just slather my toner and moisturizer after to kill the dryness. I just love this. This is my 2nd tube and yes, I'm definitely buying this again.

1st review:
I got this cleanser after Neutrogena is harsh for my skin. I love Burt's Bees Orange Essence Facial Cleanser. The product is an orange gel but do not foam up. It feels oil like and you need to use the OCM for this cleanser. It does refresh my face after washing it and I use a warm cloth to rinse off the waxy feeling. It does moisturized and clear my skin. The smell is so inviting. It smells just like oranges so if you're not a fan of oranges, stay clear. It comes in a tube which is a plus but the cap is a minus. Screw on cap isn't the most effective to have when you're in the shower. Hopefully, they will change it. I will buy this product again since it works for me and it is pretty cheap for a 100% natural cleanser.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/16/2010 12:53:00 AM More reviews by Fyankevich

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

The aspect I find most appealing about this product is the fresh orange scent. It smells like a juicy, freshly sliced orange! Overall, I find this product to do an adequate job of cleaning my skin, and it appears to do a good job of moisturizing. I have noticed that I've been getting a small amount of milia on my cheeks, but I'm not sure I can attribute that to the cleanser. Honestly, I'm a sucker for the scent and it doesn't dry out my skin, so I would definitely buy this product again.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/25/2010 2:27:00 AM More reviews by crickett85

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I just LOVE the scent of Burt's Bees Orange Essence Facial Cleanser. It also leaves my skin feeling fresh and has improved the clarity of my skin. After about 2 weeks of use I noted a greater clarity than I'd seen in awhile. The orange oil also provides natural antioxidants. This product really performs as well as some cleansers and treatments literally costing 10 times the price of this item (about $6).
I apply a little of this to my moistened skin and massage with my fingers for about a minute. I then use a clean washcloth and warm water to remove. It leaves my skin soft and glowing. It hasn't caused any irritation to my sensitive skin. Of course, one can't use this to remove eye makeup. I use olive oil for eye makeup removal. Orange oil is not meant to be used around the eyes.
I highly recommend this product.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/27/2010 12:31:00 PM More reviews by Samanthazahra

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have to say i really am on the fence with this one. I'm a huge cleansing oil fan and loved that I had found this product that was oil based, was 100% natural, gently but thoroughly removed every trace of my makeup and impurities and left my skin feeling conditioned. i also ALWAYS make sure i thoroughly rinse my face clean with warm water. i know that incorrect method is a huge culprit for bag reviews.

the reason why i will not be repurchasing is that i did notice the tiniest cystic pimples appearing at random places on my face after prolonged use. i am lucky to say i generally have clear and happy skin and do use a very simple and solid routine. i do suspect it maybe the olive oil as i broke out in cystic acne once when i used it on its own. meanwhile, lanolin while particularly moisturizing is known for being quite the irritant but i'm really thinking it's because this is olive oil based, which i regard as just way too heavy for the face.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/15/2010 8:52:00 AM More reviews by sambqt

I picked this up on a whim along with a bar of poison ivy soap. The skincare products I've used for years irritated my poison ivy infested face, so I tried this cleanser. To my amazement, the little bumps and clogged pores on my nose and cheeks cleared up for the first time in years. I've since resumed using foundation (which I had assumed was the pore-clogging culprit) and my skin is still amazingly clear. Love this stuff.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/5/2010 9:09:00 AM More reviews by dianasheglova

Nice cleanser, but not HG.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/2/2010 11:26:00 PM More reviews by Pinkify

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I'll start off by saying that I have really sensitive skin; a lot of facial cleansers I use tend to burn, break me out, etc. I've been using this product now for a solid 7 weeks, sometimes both morning and night, and I really like it. My skin (usually a headache) has been very consistently smooth, and it does a good job cleaning off dirt and makeup. I haven't had any problems with any residue leftover, so I think the key is moderation- a little of this is all you need.

I'm almost completely out of this now, and will be switching to another cleanser that I've had sitting around for a while, but I would definitely repurchase this product in the future.