April 18, 2014 | 1799 users online

Mascara - Lancome - Cils Booster XL

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 on 12/11/2011 12:13:00 AM More reviews by SugsBooga

I've got the shortest lashes of anyone I know. My stepdaughter has lashes that you would pay for. Both her upper and lower lashes are ridiculously long to the "enth" degree. The other day, she asked me when did I have lash extensions put on? I smiled ear to ear because I knew this stuff had made a HUGE difference. Even da Hubby said my eyes were more beautiful than he could remember. All I had on was a tad bit of gel liner on my upper lashes, this stuff and Lancome Hypnose Drama mascara. I even had the nerve to put this stuff on my non-existent bottom lashes and coat with mascara. What a difference!!! I don't care what anyone else says about this stuff, I will buy until the end of time. For me, it is the best primer I have ever used, and I have used them all. Gave up on them all and even stopped wearing mascara because nothing worked. This is my HFG!!! LOL

rated 5 of 5 on 12/1/2011 1:08:00 AM More reviews by DriouxAnnaSky

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

awesome product! first of all, this primer saves me from throwing away mascaras that did not work for me- it adds so much to your lashes! also, it dries invisible, as opposed to white, which means that your lashes do not look patchy or grey once you put mascara on. with good mascaras, it makes your lashes absolutely unbelievable

rated 5 of 5 on 11/26/2011 7:51:00 PM More reviews by naomi9

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I'll start with this - I've been buying this stuff for at least two years. I rarely wear mascara without this underneath!

It makes my lashes look much longer and thicker than they actually are. People compliment me on my lashes. Sometimes I'll skip all of my makeup except for this stuff/mascara and some lip balm. It makes your eyes pop.

You really only need just a light coating of it or else your mascara will get very clumpy. Also, make sure you sweep it all the way to the tips of your lashes. Finally, do one eye at a time - meaning, put the cils booster then follow with your masacara right away, while the cils booster is still wet. Otherwise, it will dry and your mascara will get clumpy and spidery. I love this stuff. Too bad their mascara isn't that great...

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 11/24/2011 11:00:00 AM More reviews by audmac

Wanted to like this since it came in the Sephora Lancome trio with the Doll Lashes mascara and Artliner and I wouldnt have had to buy anything else to achieve great lashes. I tried it first with my diorshow mascara which in itself works pretty well at volume and defining my lashes. I didnt notice any difference in lenght or volume with this base and I used a few coats of it too. I like that the white color was easy to cover with the mascara unlike UD's primer which left my lashes white even with tons of mascara on top. But I wanted this primer to show some difference in my lashes otherwise its a waste of money and unfortunately it didnt make any difference.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/22/2011 10:45:00 PM More reviews by MakeupalleyTam74

THE BEST FOR SAVING CONDITIONING AND ENHANCING LASHES with a NATURALLY AMAZING LOOK!!

rated 4 of 5 on 9/13/2011 4:13:00 PM More reviews by ltan68

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I have tried all kinds of mascara primer n this one works out the best for me. I didn't say it was the best one because i really don't think it is.... I used to use maybelline. the one that comes with mascara on the opposite side. i never used the mascara n used only the primer n went thru so many that i felt like i was throwing away money. This primer coats my lashes n makes them look thicker with mascara on top but i have a hard time trying to get the primer to 'stick' to the ends of my lashes to make them look longer. if that even makes sense. It also weighs down my curled lashes so after it dries, i have to recurl them. but at least it doesn't stick too bad to the curler so its not that painful. i will stick with this primer until i run into a better one that will also lengthens as it volumizes.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/24/2011 5:58:00 PM More reviews by ImYourFavoriteDrug

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Other, Medium Eyes: Green

This deserves a 5 because it really does make a difference to my lashes. My mascara goes on thicker but it never clumps, and my lashes look longer and lusher. I got it in a sample size but I would probably repurchase due to the benefits it gives my lashes.

rated 2 of 5 on 7/31/2011 1:05:00 AM More reviews by pandah

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I used to love this primer. I'm now on my 4th tube. I don't know what happened but it takes the curl right out of my lashes. If you're looking for full straight lashes this is the primer for you, but I want a curl! I ended up using the primer from Maybelline Extensions and my curl has never looked better. Maybe Lancome changed their formula, very disappointing.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/22/2011 8:30:00 PM More reviews by finch96

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This is a white, slightly thick primer that comes in a slender, narrow round tube. The brush is a synthetic fiber "teddy bear" brush, large, and generally easy to work with. The way I use this product is to apply it to my lashes, wait about 20-30 seconds, then go ahead and apply my mascara while it is still slightly tacky. It has caused no irritation to my eyes, and is easily removed with standard eye makeup remover.

The real miracle is that this primer, when used under ANY mascara (and I do mean ANY...even the cheapest drugstore brand), will make that mascara bullet proof for 12 + hours for me. I don't even get that kind of wear with water proof mascara.

If I use this primer, my mascara will not run even after a crazy, sweaty, run-my-butt-off 12 hour shift at work (I'm a nurse). I will not have smears, flakes, or smudges of any kind. No raccoon eyes.

The true testament to the value of this product, however, has been demonstrated this week when we have had temperatures consistently in the 100 degree fahrenheit range this week, and my mascara STILL has not run or smudged. Even with constant wiping of sweat (I have kids who do not understand the concept of not playing outside when the sun is hot enough to bake your brain) off my face and eyes, my mascara miraculously remained intact. The air has been soupy with humidity, too. I am simply amazed.

I love, love, LOVE this stuff. Worth every penny. Run to your nearest Lancome counter and pony up the cash for this little gem. You won't be disappointed.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 7/8/2011 5:50:00 PM More reviews by gaisgirl

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Other

Oh. My. God.
What a BEAUTIFUL primer.
After reading so many good reviews on MUA, I had to stop by my local Lancome counter to buy it. The ladies were kinda scary but I hustled out of there with my Cils Booster. Here's the overview.

PACKAGING: It comes in a mediocre white and black tube. The wand is triangular and if you look closely, you can see the white fibers on the end of the wand.
FORMULA: Not too dry and not too thick. Goes on smoothly without clumps. The formula is white but dries to a milky clear color. It doesn't affect the color of the mascara used over it.
RESULTS UNDER MASCARA: Holy crap. My mom thought I was wearing falsies with just the Cils Booster and some Maybelline Colossal. Gives gorgeous length and supreme volume. Not only that, but it leaves my eyelashes soft, not brittle like some primers do.
VERDICT: My HG primer. It is a little pricey, but it works wonders and it's good for your lashes too. Since I only wear it for special occasions, my little tube is going to last me a long time. I will repurchase when necessary.