December 19, 2014 | 1635 users online

Makeup Brushes - MAC - # 239 Eye Shader Brush

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/17/2012 7:13:00 PM More reviews by liangaf1

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Aside from brush 217 (blending brush, MAC) this is my other HG daily use makeup brush. I LOVE it. Like the 217, I should pick up a second one since I love them so much. It is perfect in how much product it picks up, and lets me apply and adjust intensity without any effort. Yes, the bristles for both brushes are white, but this is not a big deal - they wash out really well (I regularly use MAC legendary black eye shadow with this brush, and it comes out almost entirely - you can't really see any product left on the brush at all). I like that the brush isn't huge, so you can control placement of color just on the lid - there are other brushes which are better for all-over washes of color.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/15/2012 9:17:00 PM More reviews by jeane519

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I am upset about this brush. I have three, the first one I bought was fantastic, so I bought two more.....the last two are inferior to the first. They are stiffer and poke your eyelid. I tried to condition them to make them softer, and it only made a slight difference. I love the style of the brush, but will not buy anymore MAC brushes. My blush brush sheds worse than my cats!

8 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 2/15/2012 7:55:00 PM More reviews by evosmalls

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

My all time favorite brush. I use it everyday and have two of them. Perfect for highlight and lid. I've even used it for the crease. All around essential brush to own.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/14/2012 10:12:00 PM More reviews by ceen

Excellent all-rounder when it comes to powder based eyeshadow application.

Especially effective (i) for creating 'swipe-and-go' minimalist looks on the lid; and, (ii) for overall speedy blending.

A real keeper.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/24/2012 12:44:00 AM More reviews by anna0banana

Overall it is a great brush which you can use for many eyelooks when you are trying to build up colour intensity. However, in the morning I am always very limited to how long I can spend on my makeup which means that I tend to reach for brushes that will get my eyemakeup done fast, which, unfourtunately, does not include this brush. Don't get me wrong, it is a very good quality brush and does its job well, but I like to leave it for days when I have some extra time to get done up. That being said I would reccommend this brush, but don't think that it is an absolute necessity.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/11/2012 3:00:00 AM More reviews by qubanmaggot

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I really love how this picks up color and packs it on! I'd like to have a back-up but shouldn't be splurging. I don't think the price justifies me buying it again. I'm sure it'll last a long time because it's great quality brush.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/6/2012 4:50:00 PM More reviews by mementomori

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

My Holy Grail when it comes to doing my eyebrows. This brush is dense enough to deliver colour where I want it to be, but not too dense to create harsh lines - therefore it's a product I would immediately purchase again in case it went missing. It's just the perfect size for my eyebrows - they're groomed, but not too thin or thick, a perfectly natural look. I use eyebrow powder or a simple powder eyeshadow and lightly work the 239 bristles into the brows to give them a bit more of a "body".

I also use the 239 in the more popular way: packing on colour onto the lid. But frankly, I'm one of those "put a wash of colour x on it" type of girls and not much of a upper lid Picasso, so usually I use the MAC 217 instead. Yet, if I do mean business, colour-wise, the 239 it is!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/29/2011 2:11:00 PM More reviews by Pashrnate

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Dry, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

I have two of these and one of them is around ten years old and holding up as well as when I first got it. This is my favorite eye shadow brush, hands down. It is just the right size and firmness for almost any application - both powder and cream. The only thing I don't use it much for when I just want a sheer wash of color since this brush picks up a lot of color when you use it. I also like that the bristles are white so I can see how much color is on there. Although I think there are lower priced imitations out there, the bristles on this brush are so soft and luxurious. It is definitely worth every penny!

rated 4 of 5 on 12/5/2011 2:18:00 PM More reviews by Cloudykat

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This was my very first MAC brush and I have to say, for me, it was worth every cent. Yes they are pricey, but the quality of the bristles just does not compare to other brushes I've had. I do agree with some of the other reviews in that it does seem a bit small for my eyes, but I think that would depend on the person.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/5/2011 2:06:00 PM More reviews by sudali

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Other

I've purchased this brush 3 separate times & ended up swapping them all every time because it's too small for my large eye lid space & I feel like it just doesn't pack the product on very well =( I am gonna try the 252 & update.I actually don't think the 275 is bad at all but I prefer using that for my crease or corner work.