BeneFit Cosmetics Dandelion

4.1

Ingredients: talc, mica, calcium aluminum borosicicate, polyethylene, titanium dioxide (CI 77891), magnesium myristate, pentaerythrityl tetraethylhexanoate, C9-15 fluoroalcohol phosphates, zinc stearate, octyldodecyl stearoyl stearate, phenoxyethanol, bis-diglyceryl polyacryladipate-2, squalane, carmine (CI 75470), lecithin, iron oxides (CI 77491), methylparaben, tocopheryl acetate, fragrance (parfum), glycine soja (soybean) oil, tocopherol, iron oxides (CI 77492), BHT, retinyl palmitate, butylparaben, ethylparaben, limonene, alumina, isobutylparaben, propylparaben, linalool, hexyl cinnamal, benzyl salicylate, citral butylphenyl methylpropional, citronellol, eugenol.

on 2/27/2014 11:28:00 PM

I am surprised I haven't reviewed Dandelion, because it's one of the first products I got hooked on since starting MUA. I'm an NC 20 and this is just absolutely perfect for my skin. I feel like I have a ballerina glow when putting it on. It's never too harsh, always brightens me up without disco sheen, and always goes with everything.

It's definitely a day-time color. It would get lost in evening lighting. I love the little box packaging, but it is not travel friendly and I have had some break apart. I tend to be pretty generous when I apply it and will sometimes sweep it over my lids when I want a simple look. The only downside to the blush, is that if I get a little heavy handed on my lids, it oxidizes to a neony strange pink color and make me look sickly - the opposiite of glow! I don't think I will ever want to be without it.

on 2/27/2014 6:39:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Blond, Kinky, Medium

Perfect for my pale skin, gives such a beautiful glow and you'll never apply too much - great for people who are still learning to apply blush properly.

I HATED this blush. It does NOT show up on my fair skin, even after multiple layers. I took this back. I would never recommend this blush!

on 1/24/2014 11:29:00 AM

This product actually came to me as a sample. I love the suble pink tone. It gives a nice flush to the cheeks especially when my other makeup is heavier and I don't want to have the "doll" look. I have also used this as an eye shawdow and mixed a little with clear gloss or my Vaseline shae butter and use it as a tinted gloss. This is a little sqaure pan about the size of a full sized eye shadow and i still haven't hit pan. I will definitely repurchase this when it is gone. I have other Benefit blushes and I love them.

I know so many people love the packaging but I find it a pain the the butt to get my bigger blush brushes in these containers so I recently took a z-pallet and depoted everything into it. I love it they are now all together I can take them with me for a weekend or away and my brush can sweep over the entire product. I really like the convenience now!

Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure

This is a beautiful blush, I am in love with it. Sometimes I wear it on its own and sometimes I wear it underneath my fine one one, either way it's gorgeous.

on 12/30/2013 11:40:00 AM

Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I HATED this product. It has little to practically no pigment, so there is no point in using it as blush. It didn't "brighten" my skin tone but rather made it look very cake-faced. It is a chalky cakey powder. The packaging lured me because of its cuteness but I definitely regret buying it. :(

on 12/28/2013 1:21:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

Okay, so this blush/powder..... I got this in Benefit's Do The Bright Thing kit. I am absolutely, hopelessly in love with the color. I think it's pretty universally flattering, and, applied on the apples of the cheeks, really gives a beautiful and cheery glow that makes you look INSTANTLY healthy. I don't wear a bronzer with this, I find it just really looks nice on a round little cherub face. The color lasts for a good portion of the day, which is always a good thing, but I feel like a cream formula would look and wear EVEN BETTER.

BUT... I hate the box. I really do. I won't buy the full sized product because of it. It's unforgivable. (Sorry, Benefit.) For the price, I really think the package needs to be sturdier. Maybe even a mirror! WHOA, FANCY! However, since the product has been around for such a long time, I don't think they'll be changing the packaging any time soon.

And yeah, this stuff isn't cheap. It's really more than I care to pay for a blush, I can really only justify as much as $20 anymore.

It's the only thing I'm reaching for these days, so I will say that I would most likely repurchase it, but cheese and rice, ONLY if it comes in a better package or with a set!

I might take the pan out of the box to put it in a uni palette.

If I ever get one, snarf snarf.

on 12/28/2013 12:07:00 AM

I was torn between this and my beloved Tarte Dollface (of which I still have a few 'crumbs' left). I had never tried a BeneFit blush before but have wanted to try Dandelion for a long time because the colour is such an appealing soft pink. I asked the Sephora SA if I could exchange it if I don't like it and she assured me that there would be no problem. I paid a hefty Cdn. $36 (tax not included). I am so glad I purchased this! It is such a pretty, soft blush. Ballerina pink is really the right description. I have not noticed any glitter and the blush doesn't give my cheeks a sheen, just a nice healthy looking glow. I love it! I have rated it 5 stars even though I would say that the staying power of this blush is not as long as the Tarte blush. For reference, I am NW15.

on 12/27/2013 4:05:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

This is the perfect pink blush for fair, cool toned ladies like me. I've found it hard to find usable blushers because I am very fair, with most even a light dab followed by a brush tap and a very light application leaves me looking clownish, but this one has just the right amount of colour for me so that I don't have to worry about overdoing it, I can just liberally apply it for a healthy glow.

I can't see this being suitable as a blush for many people because of this, but It might be a good brightening powder product (as it is actually advertised).

It is shimmery, but I find that used as a blush it is a really nice glowing effect rather than a glitter-fest. I'm happy to have been recommended this by the Benefit MUA, it's probably the only Benefit product that I will ever love.

on 12/26/2013 2:45:00 PM

i love benefit's products, so i was hoping to love dandelion -- but it's just way too pale to show up on my olive skin. it's such a pretty colour that i wish i could love it! just doesn't work for me :( better suited to fair skin i would think.

Popular Blush Products