October 21, 2014 | 1628 users online

Gels/Soaps - Bath and Body Works - Shower Gels

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/10/2003 2:33:00 AM More reviews by DanielleWilliams

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

i can't live without at least one of these at any time. i *need* great smelling stuff around me! bath and body works has an incredible line of fragrances and there's always something to love :*

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/25/2003 11:01:00 PM More reviews by Helen

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I like that these are relatively inexpensive and come in a great variety of scents , I particularly love their signature sun ripened raspberry and creamy cocnut scents. I find that while these lather well and smell great in teh shower, they don't really scent skin well, but that's rather expected for this price.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/25/2003 3:48:00 PM More reviews by ooliedonna

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I much prefer the creamy body washes, as they seem gentler. Still, B&BW offers many scents, so there is something for almost everyone. These are heavily fragranced. I personally like that, but if you have sensitive skin or a reaction to strongly scented things, be aware! The bottles are quite large, between 8-10 ounces, so I find it takes a while to use them up and I sometimes tire of them before I do. But vary a few scents, and you should be happy!

These are a little more than drugstore brands ($8-$9 each), but you can almost always get some sort of sale like 3 for $21. They can also be used in the bath, as they foam up well.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/18/2003 3:42:00 PM More reviews by LaurenJ

Age: Unknown Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I like these shower gels, but I never seem to finish a bottle. I like to use them as bubble bath and use the creamy body wash for my body. I received a bottle of the shower gel for Christmas in the scent Green Tea and Cucumber. While I don't care for the scent, the gel comes in handy after a long workout!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/15/2003 1:05:00 AM More reviews by loveuntold

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Violet

These are decent shower gels, but they're really nothing special. I find the quality of low end/drugstore shower gels is just as good. The only way I would recommend these is if you're absolutely in love with one of B&BW's scents. That's exactly the reason I keep buying them... because I love Warm Vanilla Sugar!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/8/2002 9:14:00 PM More reviews by jezseeca

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Olive, Neutral Hair: Red, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

i like to use these as bath gel, they make tons of bubbles!

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 11/21/2002 4:33:00 PM More reviews by MegE

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have tried these in a few scents, and found them too drying. I prefer their Creamy Body Washes.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/13/2002 3:26:00 AM More reviews by Kristen127

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

These are great! I have them in a lot of different scents, but the cucumber melon is probably my fave. It it so refreshing and light, and it's great in the morning. They lather up really well and leave me feeling clean, but not stripped of all moisture. I will buy these forever!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 8/13/2002 3:01:00 PM More reviews by Redd

Blech...I have yet to find a B&BW gel that I've stuck with through the whole bottle. They're fun for a few applications and then...the smell starts to get sickening. I don't even give these as gifts unless I know the person loves them because it seems a bit risky. Not a product I'd reccomend.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 8/4/2002 6:32:00 PM More reviews by KarenCG

I've tried a number of scents of B&BW shower gels and really liked them for awhile, but found that I tired of them quickly. I don't know why. Perhaps it's just my preference for other scents -- mainly food scents and a few fruit ones, but I can't stand flowery or herbally ones. So, my poor B&BW shower gels have fallen to the wayside for now. If they come out with more scents that are appealing to me, I'd try those.