September 30, 2014 | 1919 users online

Blush - MAC - Matte Blush - Blunt

rated 5 of 5 on 1/29/2010 8:12:00 PM More reviews by jrl521

This is the perfect color for contouring. It is a bit dark but remeber that blending is the secret.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/29/2010 12:29:00 PM More reviews by claragonz

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This product is great for contouring your cheeks! It gives an illusion of high cheek bones. It's a brownish tone, not a hint of orange. It's a bit dark, but remember to just blend really well. You only need a small bit of the product. I think it also works well with different skin tones. It's darker than Benefit's Hoola, but you can get the same results.

UPDATE (05/07/2010): I noticed that my Blunt Bronzer started to harden (only after a few uses!), and even though I can still use it, I find myself using Hoola almost everyday. Hoola has a more natural tone. I also have to agree with other people saying that it is a bit red. So, I don't think I'd be repurchasing this. I'll stay with my Hoola for contouring.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 1/28/2010 5:32:00 PM More reviews by PaulaBenoit

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm Hair: Red, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I too bought this blush to use as a contour after seeing Kandee Johnson's tutorials on YouTube. I'm an NC37 so I thought for sure this would work.

In the bathroom lighting it looked okay however once I was out in natural sunlight I noticed that where I had applied it looked dirty and patchy. Not cool. I tried applying this with an angled brush, a fluffy brush, a bronzing brush, each time blending the crap out of it to make sure there were no harsh lines. Yet every time no matter how conscious I was about using a light hand or blending I got the same unflattering results. I need a product that requires minimal effort since I am a busy mom so this product is going back to MAC. I picked up a NARS Laguna bronzer today (last one in stock might I add) and had better results with that.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/11/2010 2:57:00 PM More reviews by moderndino

I am pale skinned and i adore this as a contour color, it's surprisingly not too dark at all! i use my 168 angles brush to apply under my cheeks, on my temples, under my chin and on the sides of my nose. this is perfect and a little goes a long way so this should last me a while. will repurchase!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/18/2009 9:17:00 PM More reviews by laqueron1

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Great contouring powder for darker skins. I'm an NC42 and it looks quite natural on me....just use a light hand.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/17/2009 12:40:00 PM More reviews by chickatthegym

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Tan, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I have medium-dark olive skin and this is the perfect countour color for me! It's Matte which is awesome because you can also use it as a bronzer, or just dab a little on with a 187 brush to give your skin a little glow. It's gorgeous and I love it! It isn't as dark as it looks in the pan and I esp. like it because it does NOT make me look orange as some blushes do!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/30/2009 4:21:00 PM More reviews by liz91

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I too bought this on the recommendation of one of my favorite gurus on youtube. I think it looks great with my NC25 skin and features. I use a kabuki brush and apply it lightly under my cheekbones. I thought it would be way too dark, but it's not. I luckily found this at my local CCO. I like that it's matte, and it has great payoff, so you only need a little. I would repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/25/2009 1:31:00 PM More reviews by sarahharb

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

After watching a makeup artist on youtube use this blush as her contour/bronzer in many of her makeup looks i figured i should get it. she seems to have my coloring and similar bone structure to me so i thought if it looked good on her it would look good on me. it does! surprising too...because it looks wayyyyyyyy too dark in the packaging. but once i got it on it is the perfect neutral contour. still love harmony but it has more rose in it than blunt.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/6/2009 6:25:00 PM More reviews by Enoughtalk

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I love Blunt, my pro membership expired so I couldn't stock up on the Pro Sculpting powder, as I should have. But this is perfect for contouring. Just make sure you use the right blush and apply it light. I use this color to contour my jaw line, my nose, my eyes, and my just around the face. It's great!!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 8/24/2009 1:56:00 PM More reviews by dawnwfoster

In general I love MAC... but I'm on the fence with this product. I bought it on the recomendation of a makeup artist on youtube who I love - Kandee Johnson... look her up. I have medium olive skin, and thought that Blunt would be the perfect contour color for me, but I am either completely wrong, or my method needs work - maybe both. This product makes my face look dirty, despite applying it to the contour places (not all over). it also has a slight reddish cast which looks just plain odd, especially if I'm trying to wear a pinky blush on the apples of my cheeks. I have tried applying it with different size brushes, different densities, etc... My skin tone has some reddish/golden in it, so maybe that's why Blunt looks weird on me. It's strange b/c I don't detect any reddish color in it when I look at it in the pan. Anyway, I'll keep working at it, but I probably wouldnt buy this again... PS. the contour color I was using before I bought Blunt was called "Enough Said" by MAC and I think it is discontinued, but it was the most awesome color for contouring or bronzing. If you have NC25-30ish skin with golden and/or olive undertones, look for "Enough Said" on ebay... it's perfect.