April 19, 2014 | 1707 users online

Lipstick - NARS - Lipstick in Dolce Vita

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/26/2011 4:56:00 PM More reviews by pensopera

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

NARS Dolce Vita lipstick ( 0.12 oz and $24 usd) is a sheer raspberry pink lip color. The formula is very moisturizing and apply very smooth and keeps my lips soft and plump through out the wear. There is no scent to all NARS lipsticks, but it smells similar to aloe vera and a herbal plant but in a nice soft subtle way. The scents is similar to Philosophy Purity face wash that found in my Dolce Vita. I rather enjoy this light herbal scent. Dolce Vita is perfect everyday color that brings a nice dark pink flush to a lip but it is very sheer almost similar as to wearing a lip gloss. The product stores in a sleek black rubber-like package which I find really cute and it also protects the lipstick from toss and turn inside the purse. Overall, Dolce Vita is a great moisturizing lipstick if a person prefer a sheer pink raspberry color.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 5/26/2011 9:18:00 AM More reviews by raenamercedi

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I had to have Dolce Vita after reading the reviews. This was my first and last Nars lipstick. I was not impressed. The shade is very sheer, and it was the only liptsick that I have ever used that bled outside of my natural lip line. The shade itself was not a mlbb shade by any means on me, and it looked almost orange/coral. Dolce Vita seemed to clash with all makeup looks and just looked "off". The lipstick was moisturizing, but it requires frequent application as it has no staying power whatsoever.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/26/2011 8:50:00 AM More reviews by everygirllovesmakeup

I got this last Christmas from an aunt and I totally love the color. It's a sheer lip wear great for everyday! :)

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 4/25/2011 1:38:00 PM More reviews by noseofblue

Age: 44-55 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This is a very pretty sheer deep dusty pink color with ZERO staying power. You can buy a very similar color with a bit more shine from Clinique (Pink Toffee) or Ulta (Sheer Pout) for a LOT less.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/12/2011 10:37:00 PM More reviews by alise1968

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is a nice everyday pink, not drying like Chanel on me. I like it and would buy again.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/9/2011 10:29:00 PM More reviews by annellelazatin

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other Eyes: Brown

This is my HG everyday lipstick. I'm NC 25, MUFE 120 and this is the best nude lipstick on me. It's a pinkish mauve color but I think it is quite sheer so if your lips aren't naturally pink, I dont think you would appreciate this too much. I noticed that most of the bad reviews on here are from ladies who are medium toned or darker. I think that this might be too light or too sheer for your liking. I think this color is better for ladies NC30 or fairer. As for it being the "most universally flattering shade", I have to disagree. Im on my 2nd tube of this lipstick (I've never repurchased a lipstick EVER) and I love how moisturizing this is. It's by far, the best formulated lipstick from Nars.
PROS:
- "my lips but better" look
- moisturizing
- fades evenly
CONS:
- not very long lasting

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 3/9/2011 6:03:00 PM More reviews by Katie75007

This is one of the precious few NARS lipsticks that I dislike; despite being generally hailed as wearable on nearly all complexions, it just does not work for me. When I use it, there is no semblance of "dusty rose" in this shade at all -- it's definitely a garish terracotta, and its base is more orange than pink or rose. I think it would probably work better for warmer complexions. For reference, I'm very fair (NW5-10; NARS Siberia) and cooler complected.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/4/2011 11:50:00 AM More reviews by julvett

Amazing shade for an everyday lipstick. Formula is good, lasts longer on me than most other lipsticks. It's probably the most used one in my collection.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/4/2011 11:37:00 AM More reviews by sarahharb

I am really glad I bought this lipstick as the color is so pretty and natural. It looks like a nice pick me up for the face. however it isn't that original. my burts bees lipgloss in raspberry gives a similar result so probably won't repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/12/2011 4:09:00 PM More reviews by debdo

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

After reading all the good reviews. I bought this at Sephora. Its truly MLBB. Its about 1 or 2 shades darker than my lips. It feels moisturizing and nice on. No smell. Staying power is ok. Color is a medium rosey color, with light shine. I can see why everyone loves this. The prettiest shade I've had and my first Nars liptick. It is too expensive. 26 bucks with tax is insane but like the saleslady at Sephora said "Its an investment" so I felt less guilty about the splurge. It really seems like an everyday lipstick, one coat for more natural and more coats for more bold color. Its simply beautiful and I love it.