NARS Dolce Vita

4.1

on 9/16/2011 9:49:00 AM

Finally! This the PERFECT natural shiny color for my pigmented NC30/C4 Asian lips! My-lips-but-better is the only way to describe it, as other reviewers have called out. It reads pinky with subtle coral and brown undertones and has a nice shiny and smooth texture, not glossy or sticky at all. Completely odorless and tasteless. I snack and drink water all day and I end up reapplying every 2 hours. It compliments bronzer, pink blushes, peach blushes, all of them. So happy I purchased this.

on 9/14/2011 8:57:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

This lipstick is one of the best lipsticks I ever tried in my entire life. "My lips but better" come true. I honestly cannot believe how realistic it looks. Nobody, and I mean no-bo-dy would say Iīm wearing any lipstick at all but would think my lips are naturally rosy coloured and healthy. I always wear it when I want to pretend Iīm not wearing any make up and I really fool every single body. Even my mum who knows me since I was born complimented me on how nice I looked and couldnīt spot the lipstick on me. I always wear it with Dolce Vita Blush to make me look more polished but natural. Dolce Vita is a must have for everyone.

on 9/4/2011 2:18:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

I have owned this for a few years and I hardly ever wear it because it has this bright orange cast to it. I have sallow skin with major yellow undertones and I can't stand orange lipstick. Dolce Vita does brighten up my face but I just don't care for the orange in it. I prefer Clinique's Bamboo Pink if I'm in the mood for a pinky-beige neutral. No orange in that one at all.

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

My go to lipstick for a naturally enhanced lip color. It is a muted and understated color that just gives my natural lip color that little oomph. The consistency is very creamy and moisturizing. Because of the consistency, it's also not very opaque color which makes it very wearable during the day. Kind of pricey for a tinted lip balm quality but it's a wonderful color.

on 7/19/2011 8:04:00 PM

I love this lipstick! It has beautiful shade of dark berry, smooth consistency and it is the best for everyday wear. It is a color of "my lips , but better " . The only downside to this is short lasting.. I bought mine at Sephora, but it is also available on Nars website . The price $24, so not cheap but definitely worth a try!

on 7/19/2011 1:05:00 PM

This is a great everyday lipstick. It is similiar to my lip color, berry, but more intense. Very natural looking, it's not too heavy and not too sheer...the perfect color. I'm not a fan of the wet lip gloss look, I find it tacky and trendy. This is suppose to be a universally flattering color btw. NARS lip sticks are great, as long as you don't pick up one of their frosty shades.

on 7/11/2011 10:48:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

In my ongoing search for a perfect MLBB lipstick, I decided to try Dolce Vita at the local NARS counter. I wasn't terribly impressed. It was both too sheer and too bright, if that's possible - less pigmented than other NARS sheer lipsticks (Damage, for instance), but still too garishly pink on my lips. Nor did it last more than an hour after application. Granted, the texture is nice, and I'm willing to believe the shade of pink would work on people with different coloring. For me, though, this lipstick is a pass.

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

Love this lipstick. It's creamy and very moisturizing. It leaves a light sheen on the lips. It's not very pigmented and has a more sheer formula. It brightens up my lips with a pinkish-brown color. The staying power is not that great, about 2-3 hours. But I absolutely love how it feels on my lips.

on 5/26/2011 4:56:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm

NARS Dolce Vita lipstick ( 0.12 oz and $24 usd) is a sheer raspberry pink lip color. The formula is very moisturizing and apply very smooth and keeps my lips soft and plump through out the wear. There is no scent to all NARS lipsticks, but it smells similar to aloe vera and a herbal plant but in a nice soft subtle way. The scents is similar to Philosophy Purity face wash that found in my Dolce Vita. I rather enjoy this light herbal scent. Dolce Vita is perfect everyday color that brings a nice dark pink flush to a lip but it is very sheer almost similar as to wearing a lip gloss. The product stores in a sleek black rubber-like package which I find really cute and it also protects the lipstick from toss and turn inside the purse. Overall, Dolce Vita is a great moisturizing lipstick if a person prefer a sheer pink raspberry color.

on 5/26/2011 9:18:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

I had to have Dolce Vita after reading the reviews. This was my first and last Nars lipstick. I was not impressed. The shade is very sheer, and it was the only liptsick that I have ever used that bled outside of my natural lip line. The shade itself was not a mlbb shade by any means on me, and it looked almost orange/coral. Dolce Vita seemed to clash with all makeup looks and just looked "off". The lipstick was moisturizing, but it requires frequent application as it has no staying power whatsoever.

Popular Lipsticks