September 21, 2014 | 2023 users online

Liquid - Mary Kay - Medium Coverage Foundation

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/30/2010 1:45:00 AM More reviews by felgoj

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I hate foundation & I don't wear it, I wondered how I got suckered into buying an expensive foundation & I wasn't going to... but when the consultant had me try it on it transformed my ruddy skin into the perfectly matching shade of my neck. I don't remember the last foundation I ever used when I was younger that managed to do that so effortlessly. So I had to buy it! (and make myself use it, at least for worthwhile going-out occasions)

Yes it is a bit too cakey on me, so I will cut its opacity with some moisturizer. Perhaps I applied it on too heavily, but as this is a rather thick formula how could I not? All I had was my fingers. A damp sponge may have been better. I tried the tinted moisturizer but it was way too sheer for me. The half-half combination may be a hassle but I think it will be worth it.

I LOVE how this foundation keeps my skin looking powdery matte, fresh, glowy, clean for hours on end. It really does fight shine for 8 hrs as it claims. Though it looks a bit too heavy on my skin up close, it entirely feels weightless on my skin. I can't feel that I'm wearing it at all & I forget that it's on until I look in the mirror & enjoy seeing smooth even-toned skin (albeit somewhat makeup-y lol).

If I manage to make the half-half concoction work out well, I would buy this foundation again. I think the little tube it comes it makes it sanitary to use (& saves space in my makeup bag too).

rated 2 of 5 on 10/24/2010 3:21:00 AM More reviews by sabermarionette

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

i really don't like this foundation at all i wouldn't recomend this for people with very oily skin acne prone it leaves my skin so cakey and its so not long lasting even though i use an smashbox primer and apply with a damp sponge but what could i expect for the price

rated 2 of 5 on 9/9/2010 2:14:00 PM More reviews by WebbyGale

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Tan, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

Got this as a gift but it was just okay for me. Coverage is good but it's a little to cakey for me. I used it a few times and mixed it with Clinique moisturizing gel and made my own tinted moisturizer and it looked better.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/5/2010 7:27:00 PM More reviews by artjazz1115

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I've used MK for YEARS and this is the very best foundation for my very very oily, acne prone, yellow undertone, 40 year old skin! I've tried MANY foundations... only to look orange, greasy, oily, and broke out! I've tried cheap drugstore brands and expensive high end foundations with NO success. I've tried mineral powders (even MK) but they ALL make me look OlLY and GREASY and break me out! I gave it 4 lippies bc you have to find a rep. to purchase. Hope this helps someone.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/17/2010 10:41:00 AM More reviews by xALRx

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I don't really know why I bother to keep searching for another foundation... this one does wonders! I suppose like any other girl you always hope that there's going to be something better. But I gotta tell you, this has so many pros to it that I might as well learn to accept that there's nothing better on the market!

Pros:
-Lasts an entire work day (even overtime!) without budging, looking cakey, needing any touch-ups or somehow fading into a weird color
-Keeps my oily T-zone in check... although let's be honest a handy Clean & Clear oil blotting sheet helps during mid-day heat
-It glides on so smoothly and has this soft powdery feel once you've applied it
-Really light, not super cakey like foundations can tend to be
-DIDN'T MAKE ME BREAK OUT!!!
-Pretty inexpensive
-Travels well
-The color range is pretty amazing... found my color match effortlessly

In short, this is one foundation I will continue to purchase!

rated 3 of 5 on 8/13/2010 1:24:00 AM More reviews by Do8666

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I have tried a lot of different liquid foundations before, but this is definitely my favorite! The coverage of this is amazing. And you don't even need to apply much, I don't even use a concealer! Just a few light dabs on my face and blend in. It also comes in a variety of shades, I've never had a foundation match my skin tone so well. It goes on flawless and light weight, and if you apply loose powder over it, it lasts all day.

I don't like the packing too well. Some times too much comes out of the tube, and it gets the tube top messy.

the amount lasts forever. But if you keep the same tube around for too long/way past expiry, the scent turns very stale.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/4/2010 9:37:00 AM More reviews by sjta

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I purchased this a couple of weeks ago. I have oily skin especially in the summer and I love how this controls the oil on my face. It is a bit hard to blend but I really like the finish of this foundation. It does not give me that cakey look, just a nice healthy glow. My face does not get oily as much during mid-day (as compared to when I used other liquid oil free foundations) so that is important to me. And I have not had breakouts. The color is slightly too light for this time of the year but this will be a better color match in the fall. I use Beige 302 and I use MAC NC35 in powder fix, but NC30 in the MAC fluid foundations.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/4/2010 12:17:00 AM More reviews by Dawnzie

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

"Meh" is basically my feelings on this product- it was mediocre. It's not any different from a drugstore product at all, and frankly I find it worse than a majority of them. It doesn't blend well and I find that it does not cover what I want it to (this however might just be due to the fact that it's medium coverage instead of full). I will not be buying this again or really anything from Mary Kay.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/11/2010 9:25:00 PM More reviews by oliviabiba

Let me start saying that I don't have a lot of experience when it comes to foundation. The only one I tried before de MK one was one from Avon (wich I don't remember the name, but I believe it was from the cheapest range, Colortrend) - and that was a nightmare. So after that I decided that foundations were not good at all for oily/combination skin such as mine - until I tried this one. It gives a good coverage with a tiny amount of product, so it lasts a long time too. Of course I wouldn't use it when it's like 35ºC outside (any makeup would melt), but on normal days it stays fairly well without making my skin more oily than already is. As for holding back the oiliness (is that word correct?), I don't think it makes wonders, but I never saw any foundation that would. For that you might consider skin care treatment and a primer. Anyway, back to this product: great coverage, smooth skin, doesn't clog pores and is very light. Have repurchased several times already.

UPDATE (feb.2012): I am more experienced now on foundations, having tried Clinique Superbalanced and MAC Studio Fix. These two are very nice as well, but the Clinique one does not hold the oil at all during the summer. The MAC one is really handy because it's simple to apply, so the MAC and MK are the best foundations I have. Really satisfied, with both of them. For everyday I tend to use the MAC one since it is so simple and quick and easy and I can skip powder, but when I want something with a nicer finish and coverage, I reach for the MK one.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/23/2010 12:22:00 PM More reviews by markgirl91

This foundation did not seem to be anymore special than what I can buy at a drug store. It feels nice when I wear it I do have to set it with a power and it looks nice but it is no better than any other liquid foundation.