Clinique Naturally Glossy Mascara

4.1

water - beeswax - copernica cerifera (carnauba) wax - styrene/acrylates/ammonium methacrylate copolymer - stearic acid - pvp - acrylates copolymer - tromethamine - peg-20 sorbitan beeswax - butylene glycol - glyceryl stearate se - hydroxyethylcellulose - ethylhexylglycerin - glycerin - lecithin - nylon-12 - sodium lauryl sulfate - isostearic acid - caprylyl glycol - c11-15 pareth-7 - potassium stearate - disodium edta - phenoxyethanol - sorbic acid - chlorphenesin- [ /- iron oxides (ci 77491, ci 77492, ci 77499) - chromium oxide greens (ci 77288) - carmine (ci 75470) - ultramarines (ci 77007) - titanium dioxide (ci 77891) - mica] [iln36361]; last checked 2015

on 1/30/2012 9:44:00 PM

HG! I adore this mascara! It gives me exactly what I want: simple, natural, black lashes. You almost can't tell that I'm wearing mascara, but my lashes are a little bit darker, fuller and longer. There's no clumping, smudging or flaking. Easy to remove. Sleek, mature packaging unlike lots of other mascaras (grrrr i'm looking at you cover girl). Aaaannnnd holy crap it's only $10! Seriously, this stuff is awesome.

on 1/27/2012 2:45:00 AM

Hair: Grey, Straight, Fine

I've been using this mascara for years and it's still my favourite. My beauty blessings are humble and few, but the one thing I WAS gifted with was naturally long, black and thick glossy lashes which require very little help in the way of lengthening or thickening, this actually makes it quite tricky finding a simple mascara and I went through quite a few which made me look like I was experimenting with dead spiders before I happened on this one!

The wand is nice and the packaging is pretty sleek. I am hygiene conscious about mascara and only keep mine for 6 months (regardless of what the manufacturers say) so if I could have a wish granted I'd love it if the product could be slightly smaller and also (therefore) slightly cheaper.

If you are looking for something which will turn short thin lashes into long thick and glossy ones - this won't cut the mustard, but if you already have fairly decent lashes and just want to give them a coat of colour and gloss - then this is just the job!

Skin: Other, Fair, Neutral

Well I have blonde lashes and this mascara made them look naturally dark and defined! I got this in jet brown, being afraid that jet black may be too harsh, I must say this is an amazing mascara. The formula just glides on and is great and not over the top for everyday. Def. will re-buy!

Bought this last year as my eyes had had too much sun and my usual mascara irritated them...this one did nothing whatsoever for my lashes as the brush isn't fat.
The formula is good as I tried it with a clean brush from the Dior counter but with this little brush, my lashes were not impressed!

on 1/9/2012 11:05:00 AM

I am a contact lens wearer and most eye makeup irritates my eyes. This irritates too but not nearly as much as other products so it is something I will continue to use since it is the one of the few less irritating eye products I've found.

It is a thin consistency which I like because I hate clumpy mascara. It coats the lashes nicely and makes them darker. If you are looking to make your lashes thicker, this isn't the product for you. If you have sensitive eyes and want to make your lashes stand out, this is a good product to try.

Tha packaging is nice, the cost is on par with other department store makeup. I prefer less expensive drugstore brand wonders but so far there aren't any like this one that I've found.

on 12/31/2011 5:32:00 AM

I'm not a big Clinique fan, but decided to give this mascara a try after reading the reviews here. So glad I did because this is exactly what I was looking for in a mascara--no clumping, flaking, and just natural-looking pretty lashes.

At 52 years old, less is becoming more where makeup, particularly eye makeup, is concerned. What used to work for me can now look rather harsh and overly made up--not attractive! I probably wouldn't have liked this mascara 20 to 30 years ago because it doesn't increase volume or anything like that, but it's perfect for me now. The price is pretty reasonable too compared to some mascaras.

on 12/4/2011 3:16:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

I've probably gone through more tubes of this than any other mascara, since it was one of my staples in my teens and early 20's. It really is good for sensitive eyes, I like the natural finish and the easy, clump-free application. Later I experimented more with volumizing, lengthening etc and somehow didn't use this for years. For the last 4-5 years I've mostly used tubing mascaras. I bought this largely out of nostalgia a few months ago and it goes on nicely and looks pretty - with one layer it's a very natural look but I can build some volume with more layers without lashes sticking together or looking spidery. However, I can't believe I wore this for so long - it smudges TERRIBLY on me. I probably rub my eyes more than most due to allergies and I often use some pretty greasy moisturizers, including around the eye area, so this sort of mascara just doesn't cut it at all. Within 3-4 hours, at most, it's a smudgy mess. Maybe I've just been spoilt by tubing mascaras which stay put no matter what - but I just can't be bothered with carrying around materials for clean-up and reapplication. Clearly there was a reason I strayed from this.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Straight, Medium

My favorite mascara to mankind. It lasts all day. I wear it in black (real colour and glossy and. it brings out my blue eyes. It's evenn better than the drugstores oneslike Maybelline GreatLash and Maybelline Falsies. this mascara is not clumpy or smudgy

on 12/1/2011 9:47:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

A staple for many, many, many years. I usually wear Jet Black, but I like Jet Brown as well. This lengthens, curls, and defines my lashes beautifully without flaking, caking, smuding, or fading. It's a clear, truly "glossy" black color that keeps lashes soft and the texture holds shape. For the price, I can't go wrong with this mascara. I try many mascaras that claim to do everything this one does, for 3x the price. Clinique hit pay dirt with this formula, and it's yet to be matched! I find this layers easily for a more "dramatic" look, but even when I wear false eyelashes, I don't like them to be so bold they scream "artifical". This is perfect for everyday wear, because I like a long, feathery, fluttery, darkened lash-look.

on 11/12/2011 2:38:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

Incredibly underwhelmed by this.
I purchased this based on reviews alone. I wanted another nice everyday mascara – I love Maybelline’s Full ‘N Soft, but alas, I am a self-confessed mascara junkie... and couldn’t resist.
Opened up the package – nice tube. Opened up the mascara, nice brush. Product looks beautiful – a deep, glossy black.
I applied this to my lashes on one eye – it did nothing other than add a beautiful black colour to my lashes.
But seriously, no volume, no length, nothing. Just colour.
My lashes actually looked extremely wimpy and almost limp.
This will be suitable for those who are looking to just add colour to their lashes without that discernible “I’m wearing mascara” look. But for me, I can achieve a better result with lash tinting and a clear mascara or lash serum.
*Sigh* another regretful mascara purchase. I will stick to the tried and true Maybelline Full ‘N Soft as my everyday mascara.
Have put this up for swap.