August 31, 2014 | 1043 users online

Skincare - Face - Dickinson's Witch Hazel

• Price: $

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 10/28/2013 9:58:00 PM More reviews by JennyWalsh1

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I didn't really see any change in my skin after using this. I apply this after I wash my face with the dove beauty bar and pat dry. I use a cotton ball to wipe it all over my face and wait for it to dry. For some reason it makes my skin feel sticky and tight.
Pros: gets rid of excess oils, is gentle enough to use after exfolliating.

The main thing I didn't like was the smell

rated 3 of 5 on 10/27/2013 7:59:00 PM More reviews by cankcank

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

This is refreshing. I liked to mix a little lavender essential oil. However it can be quite harsh, so make sure you moisturise.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/21/2013 9:02:00 PM More reviews by kyl77

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

Dickinson's Witch Hazel isn't any different from the no-name witch hazel you can get in the first aid aisle of your local drugstore. The only difference is that it costs more. Save your money.

Edit: I never thought I would repurchase this witch hazel, because it costs so much more than the no-name brand for the same product. However, I was in the health food store and saw a tiny bottle of this for less than $1.00 dollar. It's the perfect size for my medicine cabinet and works great for traveling. It's just as cheap as buying one of those empty travel containers, except this actually contains product! And when it's empty I can always refill from the larger no-name brand bottle. While I still think the large bottle is overpriced, I've added a lippie for this excellent tiny sized gem.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/27/2013 10:59:00 PM More reviews by ChristianRoda

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This product is really AMAZING! O_O
This is one of the products that really help to reduce the amount of my pimples and acne. I think the only downside was the smell. But, will go away after 5-10 seconds. Really affordable as well. It really removes all the residue in my skin that my facial wash didn't remove. A must have for everyone and every skin type! I Love This!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/19/2013 8:57:00 PM More reviews by postmoderngirl

I've bought quite a few bottles of this, even have a backup at home. The smell is weird, but I can get past that. It's about $5 or $6 for a big (compared to other toners) bottle at Wal-Mart. My favourite thing do with this is add tea tree oil to help with breakouts. Also, during the day if my skin is getting oily, I'll use this and my skin feels refreshed. Overall, it's a great natural (?) toner for a great price.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/17/2013 10:55:00 AM More reviews by sunkissed0327

m just using cetaphil as face wash and this as toner. Wow! I wasat first hesitant to buy this but when I started using it and tonight's been my third day, all my breakouts are gone.i can't believe something this cheap would really be able to clear my skin up in no time. I think I'm gonna purchase more of this when I run out.thank God :)

rated 3 of 5 on 9/9/2013 8:45:00 PM More reviews by Catka06

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

This stuff is really fantastic if you have normal to oily skin with complexion issues dealing with acne or dark spots. Otherwise, it BURNS US.
I used it once in the morning and once before going to bed every day for about 10 days. I have a super sensitive nose, as in I can't have garbage sitting in my house for more than a day without getting a migraine, so the scent was a little too much for me. That being said, I definitely did see an improvement in my overall complexion rather quickly. I have about 5 days of much better looking skin with smaller pores and an overall glow to my skin that was amazing. But then around day 10 I noticed my face felt awful, like almost chapped all over. It hurt to laugh or even talk at points. I suspected it was something to do with the Witch Hazel so I stopped using it and used a moisturizing mask made from Clinique's Moisture Surge Intense Hydration Whatevermajig about 2 times a day for 3 days until I had my face back to normal. Long story short, I have absurdly dry skin and this made it so much worse when I used it as recommended. I could see possibly cutting back to once a day and not having an issue, but I won't be trying that for quite some time. But all of that said, I do really think it can works miracles for folks leaning towards the oily side of the face texture spectrum. Dry skin? Use with caution.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/7/2013 1:19:00 AM More reviews by lili89

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Medium Eyes: Black

I've used many toners in the past, loreal, Clinique, neutrogena, Olay witch hazel does not even come close to this one... So far this toner has been the best I've used, it cleans and freshens your skin so effectively. I don't get a tight feeling, or feel dry after applying. The smell is a bit strange I admit, but it doesn't bother me at all, it goes away fast. Plus I'm used to putting all kinds of treatments in my face that I don't really mind. I was a fan of Cliniques 3 step system but I wanted to find something more affordable for my daily skin routine, this toner has an awesome price. I also use Cetaphil Daily Cleanser and its an awesome product as well.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/5/2013 11:09:00 PM More reviews by Alys5

I've started to use Witch Hazel again after finding this same bottle in our cabinet. I have fewer break outs and the smell doesn't bother me. Yea i still have at least one blemish once in a while, but the witch hazel helps with redness so its not a big deal. I have oily skin and it has helped so much to not have that extra shine. I always apply it after washing my face and after i use my face lotion on a cotton ball or application sponge. Or before i put makeup on. So if you have OILY skin or REDNESS TRY IT !!!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/5/2013 10:10:00 PM More reviews by oresvesk

Bought this at Walmart (Dickinson's brand) for $4 for a large bottle after reading the stellar reviews. I've honestly used it for six days now and I can notice a difference in my skin.

Though my complexion has mostly cleared up (especially around my forehead/eyebrows/hairline), my skin has definitely softened and feels a lot smoother than the last time I can remember.

It doesn't dry out my skin or smell all that bad personally. I apply some onto a cotton pad and apply it all over my face and neck after washing my face with either my Neutrogena face wash or with my tub of raw honey from Trader Joes. After using the witch hazel as a toner, I apply a spot treatment and very little of my Olay moisturizer all over my face, both morning and night.

So far, so good.