December 21, 2014 | 1820 users online

Skincare - Face - Dickinson's Witch Hazel

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 on 11/24/2013 1:54:00 AM More reviews by Holyskin

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

Dickinson's witch hazel is a staple in my skin-care routine. I always use witch hazel after cleansing my skin. Witch hazel helps remove tiny bits of makeup from around my hairline or from behind my ears after I've washed my face just at the sink. Any time I wash my face, though, witch hazel gives me the feeling that I'm really coming clean. It's light, doesn't dry, smells slightly medicinal, yet herbal, and most importantly, I feel that it removes any slight residue that may remain from my cleanser. I love to use witch hazel, as well, after I've plucked my eyebrows when I'm planning to wait a while before I bathe again. Sometimes I'll use witch hazel before I pluck my eyebrows to remove excess oil. For any minor abrasions that may occur on the skin, witch hazel really soothes and cleanses them. I also feel that witch hazel is a powerful antioxidant (perhaps I read that somewhere), so I really love to soak my face with it after a wash to really purify my skin. At least I feel that the witch hazel helps to purify my skin along with my cleansing routine which precedes my use of witch hazel.

*Please see my review of Crabtree & Evelyn's triple-milled, goat-milk soap.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/11/2013 9:57:00 PM More reviews by ariestar8

I wear this everyday before applying my makeup. It tightens my pores, cleans my face, and keeps me from getting oily. Works better when the weather is warmer, but still good during the winter time. It's a little drying but if you're oily like me, then that's not a bad thing.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/8/2013 10:42:00 AM More reviews by AdrienneStarr

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Bye Bye Proactiv...HELLO Dickinson's! Never will I ever use ANYTHING called "Witch Hazel!!" is what I personally vowed to myself during my teenage years. Really? Put something on my face called "WITCH HAZEL??" But, I renege (throwing both hands up). I really have never had "problem" skin which is more than fortunate. I have had a few bouts of WTF skin issues that blindsided me in recent years to the point where I spent tons of money on product after product trying to just stablize my skin and keep it relatively blemish free and this product has absolutely done it for me. I added DICKINSON'S to my skin care routine about two months ago and I have noticed a marked difference in the clarity of my skin; specifically, my pores. It seems that since I added witch hazel to my routine my pores have decreased in size making my face look a lot smoother and more even. I want to be as clear as possible with the point I am making here: Witch Hazel alone did not perform any miracles, but incorporated into a consistant regimen and drinking plenty of water you will definitely see results in a fair amount of time. I picked it up from my local Rite Aid and it was about $6. This is definitely a product worth having because it is easy to find, inexpensive, and simple to use. It would be great if it were to come in a well-pump bottle, but that's not a dealbreaker because you can find those anywhere and just pour it from its original bottle into the well-pump anytime. Not to mention the generous quantity you get for the money.

~A. Starr

rated 3 of 5 on 11/8/2013 9:51:00 AM More reviews by archt_marj14

I have a love/hate thing going on with using toners, so much so that I've forgotten I own a bottle of this.
I've decided to try using it again and mixed a capsule of Clindamycin(sp?) to help treat and prevent zits. I used it everyday for 2 1/2 weeks and although it worked a treat in the beginning, by the end of it I've noticed that my skin looked "distressed" & turns pink easily. I've noticed a few small bumps along my cheeks and forehead too. Because of that, I've stopped using it for a while and "cured" my complexion by applying Physiogel lotion to my face nightly. I'm only using this on my face once a week and whenever I wear heavy makeup, and that seems to be working better. However, it is perfectly effective in fighting breakouts in the chest and back areas. Just decant some in to a small spray bottle and spray to those hard-to-reach areas to your heart's content. :)

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/3/2013 1:39:00 AM More reviews by StephKatz1

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I use this as my all around toner in the A.M. after I get out of the shower, put my styling products in my hair and then use this on a cotton round to get any hair styling products off my skin.

My hair flops around a bit until I get everything under control and a couple swipes of this on your face takes care of it unless you want to layer styling products, facial lotion and makeup Anyways works for me!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/2/2013 1:38:00 AM More reviews by JadaIgwe

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Deep Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

So inexpensive and so worth it to give this a shot, YALL.

It feels good on the skin and I swear it can help heal acne. My problem is I pile on too many products and I'm obsessed with skincare that I can irritate myself lol.

This stuff is very mild and I think pretty effective

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/1/2013 9:36:00 PM More reviews by Vanessamucho

I love witch hazel!!!
I got the worst breakout ever back in the day and was going to buy a toner from the grocery store. I read the ingredients at one line, and they were all primarily witch hazel! I ran to the drugstore and bought some- less than 2$ later, my perfect toner! girls, save the money and your skin!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 11/1/2013 12:35:00 AM More reviews by babyjane14

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Brown

Why must companies put so much alcohol in products? This contains a harsh amount and resulted in red, irritated skin. My pimples did not reduce and the existing ones looked worse than before. I used this for 4 months + while noticing this but I liked the fact that it removed any make up left after cleansing which is why I kept using it. I've realised now that I have very sensitive skin and that I need to avoid alcohol as much as I can. I wouldn't recommend this for use on the face unfortunately.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/29/2013 2:19:00 PM More reviews by CarlieJacobsLove

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I'm on my second bottle of this stuff! Even though it smells like reeeally strong vodka (lol) it doesn't bother me too bad. It removes oil, doesn't feel sticky , and leaves my skin feeling clean. It's great for treating breakouts too. For the price, you can't go wrong!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 10/28/2013 9:58:00 PM More reviews by JennyWalsh1

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I didn't really see any change in my skin after using this. I apply this after I wash my face with the dove beauty bar and pat dry. I use a cotton ball to wipe it all over my face and wait for it to dry. For some reason it makes my skin feel sticky and tight.
Pros: gets rid of excess oils, is gentle enough to use after exfolliating.

The main thing I didn't like was the smell