July 24, 2014 | 1169 users online

Masks - Queen Helene - Mint Julep Masque

rated 5 of 5 on 3/31/2014 10:48:00 PM More reviews by rerelove

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

BEST MASK EVER! I've been having issues with breakouts around my chin, blackheads, and enlarged pores while trying to find a new cleansing routine for my super oily skin. I tried a host of different masks none of which gave the results this $3.99 mask did! I saw it working immediately sinking into my pores where I was having the most issues: around my nose and inner cheeks. After washing it off my face felt immediately better! So much softer, and my pores were noticeably smaller and my blackheads gone! I can't wait to use it again! :)

rated 5 of 5 on 3/26/2014 2:58:00 PM More reviews by NinaGrimes29

I'm big fan of masks in general and been using them for few years now. I don't have super oily skin so I don't see the need to use face wash every day, especially twice a day, instead I use cleansing milk and toner and that's enough for my skin, since I don't wear makeup every day. So since I don't wash my face every day, I need something stronger for the days when I do. Usually I do it every 2-3 days, when I wash my hair. So for those days I need some good deep cleaning masks. I start with peel of mask and follow up with this mask and I LOVE how my face feel afterwards.
I love the consistency of this mask. I usually used clay masks with that doubled as scrub too and compared to those, this mask was super creamy and smooth, also it smell very nice and fresh too. I personally love mint and slight minty smell was just another plus for me. It says that you have to let it dry for about 15 minutes but it dries much quicker. Also, little goes a long way. I'm still amazed how amazing this mask is considering how inexpensive it is. The only thing I'm not crazy about is packaging. I like the tube itself, feel like I can squeeze the last bits out when I finish it, but I don't like the fact that you have to unscrew the top instead of just popping it open.
I also read somewhere that if you have potential zit on your face a.k.a. angry red bump, if you put this mask over it, it will soothe and reduce the appearance and redness. I tried it once but i didn't let it overnight so I wasn't wowed by effects.
Anyways, overall this mask IS amazing, also very very affordable.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/22/2014 2:51:00 PM More reviews by crissy42o

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Curly, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I have been using this mask as a spot treatment for three weeks now. It has good and bad points. It's good because it definitely helps to bring down inflammation in cystic pimples. It sucks all the junk out of your skin (provided you use it every day). It can bring pimples to a head, and then heal them once popped. All good stuff. The bad points: It looks ridiculous. It crusts off easily. If you put it on a part of your skin that has a blackhead there you didn't know about, prepare for it to get angry and sprout a cystic pimple (which you will then spend 3-4 days trying to treat with this stuff all over your face). I'm lucky because I work from home, and therefore can wander around with crap on my face with ease. If you are clogging your pores with makeup all day, cleansing your face, and then expecting this to work over night, you are going to be disappointed. So while it does work with regular use, it's a lengthy and time consuming process. I will update in another three weeks once all my triggered blackheads/cystic acne starts to heal.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/17/2014 8:54:00 AM More reviews by Emibumblebee

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

This mask is a MIRACLE.
The Mint Julep masque was recommended to me by a friend when she heard me complaining about my most recent bout with hormonal acne (i.e. painful, cystic acne across my cheeks and chin, which were prone to leaving post-inflammatory hyperpigmentation). I started using it once a week, and not only did it help clear up the acne that was there, it has since helped PREVENT any reoccurring breakouts.
It brings any cystic acne to a head MUCH faster, which means that they're a bit uglier for a bit but they do go away quickly. It also helps control oil production in the oilier areas of my face without being drying on the drier areas and reduces pore size significantly.
It smells great, it washes off easily, and you can actually feel the mask pulling impurities out of your skin as it dries.
I love it!

**Edited to add: Upon starting a new tub of this stuff, I realized that my old tub got a lot drier over time (gradually enough that I didn't notice). It was still workable, but it pilled on the skin really easily. My new tub is perfectly creamy and spreads really nicely. Be sure to cap this stuff really tightly to prevent moisture from escaping!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/15/2014 2:17:00 PM More reviews by stuipdfellow

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

Awesome product. I don't see how this don't get swipe off the shelves or being priced at some exorbitant price for such a great product!

I typically add it to my face after bathing and leave this overnight. It absorbs the oil from my face, allowing me to go shine-free the whole of next day. Since I have oily skin and stubborn clogged pores, I religiously do this for 3 consecutive nights each week and it gives me the most radiant complexion, as if all of the dirt and stuff in my pores are removed.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/14/2014 6:39:00 PM More reviews by GallardoGlam

I have always been afraid of masks...for the most part when I use them I get more breakouts than when I don't! But for us super oily/acne prone girls...I know it can help our situation. I have heard so much about this mask...I decided to try it. I love the way it smells and feels! I feel like it has helped control my oily skin and it has helped unclog pores. However, I did get like...minor breakouts after the first couple times....but like i said they were visibly clogged pores that the mask helped bring the the surface. I'm going to keep using this 1-2 times a week and will update if anythign changes, but so far I'm liking it a lot.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/13/2014 1:51:00 AM More reviews by gwmagic77

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Great mask for the price. I have a lot of redness and I can tell it goes away after using this mask. Only bad thing is the packaging makes using this mask a little messy but I cant complain too much considering the low price! If you're on a budget, I would say try this mask over Mask of Magnaminty from Lush.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/4/2014 10:34:00 AM More reviews by MissOrthodox

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm Hair: Brown, Kinky, Medium Eyes: Brown

Brief Background

I've been using this face mask on and off for about 7 years. And in that time I'e used a whole legion of other masks, however this one remains the QUEEN of all masks for me.

Packaging

I have the screw top tub version which I feel is much more practical in comparison to the tube where you (it seems) have to sprain your hand to squeeze out.

Product Performance

This masks visibly draws out toxins and oils from blocked pores. Even when you think your skin is fine, using this will show you how much better it could be.

What I also love is how easily it washes off, and it doesn't leave any white/green powdery cast on the face after. My skin feel soft and very refreshed after using this.

Price

You can't beat the price. This mask works way better than many $$$$$ priced products, and it does what it says it will do. No more, no less - that just depends on your skins condition/health and how many other things your using.

Highly recommended.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/1/2014 1:35:00 AM More reviews by Lr1336

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

I got this at Ulta for $4 and it is amazing! It visibly reduced the blackheads on my nose and my overall complexion looks so much better and more even. It helped shrink an annoying pimple I had and it feels so refreshing on my skin. The product itself is thick, mint green, and smooths on really nicely. I use it about once every 2 weeks or more often if I start breaking out. Seriously love this mask!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/28/2014 11:53:00 AM More reviews by ElleK7

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This really clears your complexion, cleans pores, and improves skin... wow. Can't beat that price either. LOVE. Bought mine from walgreens I believe. I just wish I wasn't scented with mint... save that for my mouth not my face, lol.