Queen Helene Mint Julep Masque

4.1

Price: $

Price: $

Not tested on animals

Water, Kaolin, Bentonite, Glycerin, Zinc Oxide, Propylene Glycol, Sulfur, Chromium Oxide Greens (CI#77288), Fragrance, Phenoxyethanol, Methylparaben

on 1/14/2015 8:30:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Wonderful product! I have extremely oily skin and this is the only thing that controls it. Some people complain about the smell but i find it really soothing and relaxing. The best thing about it, is it's price, i paid 2 dollars for it! plus a little really goes a long way.

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure

I loveeee this stuff!!! It works great for breakouts. I use them when I have any pimples or just to simply keep my skin refreshed. I wash my face, use toner, apply this for about 30 mins, and moisturize afterwards. It's best used at night. When I wake up in the morning I notice great results. I just recently had a horrible breakout on my cheek and used this. I woke up the next day and the pimples were practically gone. They didn't hurt anymore and they were visibly smaller, almost gone. It's great to use overnight as well on your pimples. It's essential that you moisturize after using it though! That's what can cause some people to breakout from it. I've gotten so many compliments on my skin from using this. I've used it for two years now. I absolutely love it and recommend anyone to use it. You have to be sure to wash your face before and moisturize after for best results!

on 1/10/2015 6:19:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure

I'm not sure if it's supposed to come sealed, but the one I bought didn't and it would have been nice if it did. Other than that, this mask is wonderful! It feels so great when on the skin, a nice cool feeling and it smells so nice! Dries quickly and spreads nicely so that I don't need to use a ton of the product. Also, I noticed the blackheads on the side of my nose (where it's hard to get them out) were almost completely gone after rinsing the mask off. My skin all in all felt good after washing the mask off.

on 1/8/2015 2:10:00 PM

There is almost nothing I like about this product (in terms of benefitting my skin). I have been using this about once a week for a little over a year now. I've tried this as a 10min mask, and 40 min mask, and even overnight on pimples.

Pros:
Cheap
tightens skin
Can draw open pores for blackhead removal (but need to use a nose strip right after to remove it, or extract yourself)

Cons:
Breaks me out
Difficult to wash off (So I tend to cleanse again after)
Doesn't shrink my pimples I need shrinking
Doesn't do anything for my blackheads really either by iteself.
Dries my skin out as well.

on 1/4/2015 8:59:00 PM

This is a staple in my skin care regimen. I use this mask twice a week for about 30 minutes each time. It does a great job of clarifying my pores and tightening my skin. I love to spray rose water on my skin and moisturize heavily right after, and my skin loves it too. Highly recommend this product! Not to mention it's only like $4.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

This stuff WORKS! It dries excess oil, reduces clogged pores over time, tightens, and cools irritated blemishes! The sulfer and tea tree oil (anti-inflammatory +antiseptic) are what make this a HG product for me! Hygienic squeeze tube packaging is much better than the big tub (unless you use a spatula)!

All that being said: I wouldn't reccommend this if you have dry or really sensitive skin though! Too drying and the menthol can potentially irritate.

Everyone else-- TRY THIS!

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I just purchased this today and could not wait to review it. So far I'm in love with this product. I applied it all over my face and let it dry for about 10 minutes before washing it off with warm water. I don't have many noticeable breakouts right now so I can't speak much for how it worked on them but it cleared so many blackheads from my nose! Of course there are still some there but this is the first product I've ever used that has removed blackheads. I love the minty smell, like a stick of gum. It stung a bit around my nose while it was on my face but it wasn't anything bad enough to complain about. I'm especially happy that it worked so well for my combo skin. It removed the oil in my t-zone without drying my cheeks. I'll update this review after a few more uses if anything changes.

on 1/3/2015 12:59:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure

This didn't do anything for my acne

on 1/1/2015 9:59:00 PM

Hair: Black, Curly, Fine

I love this mask! It smells great, has a gentle tingling sensation when applied and is easy to put on and wipe off. This stuff really helps out my skin! I have oily skin that tends to get even oilier when under a lot of stress, before and after my monthly period. It absorbs all of that extra oil that's on my face, unclogs all of my pores and gets rid of any potential blackheads. I highly recommend this!

on 12/30/2014 2:16:00 AM

This review is one that has been long in the making! I love this mask. I've already re-purchase this twice! I've only been able to purchase it in the tub format, so I get a lot of product for the price that I pay. I find that it's gentle enough on your skin to do every 2-3 days. It helps clear up my little flare ups around that time of the month. My skin loves this product. It does sting a little, especially if your skin isn't used to masks, but I find that it's a great indicator as to the condition of your skin - if it stings, your skin is out of balance, but if it doesn't then it's in good shape. Of course, this is completely unscientific but it works for me! This mask is also great if you don't have a lot of time to spare but your skin needs a little tlc. Put on a thin layer and within five minutes, you're good to wash off and go. I find that it also helps remove some of the redness in my skin. But it also doesn't hurt you if you keep it on for an hour. It doesn't seem to irritate my skin, but like with all products, swatching is recommended!

Popular Masks