BeneFit Cosmetics Lemon Aid

3.2

titanium dioxide(CI77891) Ozokerite, talc, neopenyl glycol dicaprylate, tidecyl trimellite, lanolin oil,PPG-2 myrystyl ether propionate, kaolin, iron oxides, fragrance, butylparaben, citronellol, BHA, hexyl cinnamal, alpha-isomethyl ionone, benzyl benzoate.

on 1/8/2012 4:26:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Cool

Purchased from benefit in Boots.
HATE this product nasty consistency drags on the eye.Shadow still creases.

on 1/8/2012 2:54:00 PM

I received this as a free gift from a seller on ebay when something was missing from a previous order and boy am I glad I did!!

I really love this product. At first I was put off by it's texture and tendency to crease. I wear sun cream everyday on my face under makeup, which is rather greasy, and this product was sliding all over the place and gathering into yellow lines above my eyes, which was perhaps not the look I was going for.

However, having consulted some of the reviews on here, I decided to take one reviewer's advice to fix the lemon aid with a powder. I never wear eye shadow so it seemed strange to put powder on my lids but it works like a dream. I have redness and veins around my eyes and this stuff works wonders at even-ing that out and giving a bright, wide-eyed overall look. I have actually replaced touche eclat with this, and I much prefer this.

I place it all over my eyelids and up to my brows and then I place it either side of the top of my nose into the corners of my eyes and it makes you look really fresh and gives a glow.

I love this product....sure you have to fix it maybe a few hours into wear, but when fixed with powder it has good staying power. I would not pay full price, but you can pick this up for under a fiver on ebay and I would recommend it!!

on 1/8/2012 4:38:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Tan, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

I got this as a gift from my sister, and in the beginning I was kind of lost as to how i would really use it, and it didn't work out so well. But It said use this all over lid to neutralize the redness and discoloration.
At first I didn't know how to use it, as it was kind of a dud, and pretty much my first time using a corrector.

I think it works good. It's kind of drying, so you gotta blend fast and its kind of hard if that makes sense? basically it's kind of THICK and not really creamy..more on the thick sticky side.

Edit:

So guys I've actually stopped using this for a long time, recently took this out of my little storage bin, and tried my own way of using this.

I use this as a concealer not on my lid as a primer, and apply it after my facial primer and foundation. I immediately get bright under eye.

Mind you i dont have much to conceal.

I suggest melting it with a hair dryer, thats what I ALWAYS do with all my thick product, and concealers...

Hairdryers make concealers melt like butter, and when you use it, it takes less product and better application.

Agree with Mariella that "this stuff creases like a pleated skirt".

on 1/2/2012 7:28:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

People who complain that this doesn't conceal their under-eye circles are USING THIS ALL WRONG. Lemon Aid is an EYE LID colour corrector meant to cancel out any blue tinge or veins that show through the thin skin of the EYE LID!!!! Take a look at Benefit's site, folks - this is NOT even grouped with their concealers, and Benefit makes it very clear what this product is for - "Our soft, lemon yellow cream helps to hide redness and discoloration on your eyelids".

I got Lemon Aid years ago. And, yes, this stuff creases like a pleated skirt, but it can be applied over a primer - UDPP or TFSI, etc. And the only reason I wouldn't repurchase this is that Urban Decay and Too Faced, Laura Mercier and many other companies now have shadow primers that also function to hide eye lid discolouration in one single step. But, ladies - don't rate this low just because it's not working under your eyes - that IS NOT what it was intended for. Might as well take marks off because it doesn't look good on your lips!

Terrible, in every sense of the word. Biggest waste of cash ever. Product did not blend well, lasted an hour at most, and definitely did not 'aid' any of my under eye circle woes. Super disappointing, will NOT be buying again.

*edit*
I gave this a bad review because it simply was a bad product. It did nothing for my lids, it did nothing for my under eye circles (as it was supposed to because I have blueish discolouration under my eyes) and over all the product was crap. We are all entitled to our opinion, hence why they allow us ALL to review this product. Jeeze, this website is catty.

on 12/17/2011 2:57:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

It creases like hell. Yes it covers the darkness on the eye but it creases even two minutes later i put it on.

Undecided...

I'm quite undecided on how I feel about this product... I don't wear eyeshadow every day (laziness rather than preference) but I do like to use a lot of dark shadow to create a smoky eye look when I go out. Like a lot of people, I find that my eyeshadow starts to crease after a few hours so I bought this to use as a pre-shadow primer to help my eyeshadow 'stick' in the hope of preventing or pro-longing the onset of creasing. I do think it helps on this front but the problem for me is getting the eyeshadow on in the first place as the thick creamy texture seems to stop my eyeshadow applying evenly and blending to create a smoky eye is a lot more difficult. I don't know whether I'll buy this again but I probably will keep trying it from time to time in the hope of mastering a technique that works for look I like to create.

on 11/19/2011 10:31:00 PM

When you buy this you think....oh, this will conceal and brighten around my eyes....but it doesn't. I did not find the product to be effective at all. I find Benefit products to be generally inconsistent. Some are good others are just plain lousy. I would place this product in the later category. Really - before buying this go for a bit more and get the By Terry reflecting concealer for under eyes or even the infamous touche eclat. Or, get the Clinique under eye product. Plenty of good ones out there.

on 11/19/2011 12:31:00 PM

I use this only as an eyeshadow prep. I still have to cover it with a loose powder, because it doesn't have the best staying power.

Top Rated BeneFit Cosmetics Products