October 25, 2014 | 1534 users online

Concealers - BeneFit Cosmetics - Lemon Aid

rated 3 of 5 on 1/7/2012 5:36:00 AM More reviews by lucretiabrgia

Agree with Mariella that "this stuff creases like a pleated skirt".

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/2/2012 7:28:00 AM More reviews by mariella99

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

People who complain that this doesn't conceal their under-eye circles are USING THIS ALL WRONG. Lemon Aid is an EYE LID colour corrector meant to cancel out any blue tinge or veins that show through the thin skin of the EYE LID!!!! Take a look at Benefit's site, folks - this is NOT even grouped with their concealers, and Benefit makes it very clear what this product is for - "Our soft, lemon yellow cream helps to hide redness and discoloration on your eyelids".

I got Lemon Aid years ago. And, yes, this stuff creases like a pleated skirt, but it can be applied over a primer - UDPP or TFSI, etc. And the only reason I wouldn't repurchase this is that Urban Decay and Too Faced, Laura Mercier and many other companies now have shadow primers that also function to hide eye lid discolouration in one single step. But, ladies - don't rate this low just because it's not working under your eyes - that IS NOT what it was intended for. Might as well take marks off because it doesn't look good on your lips!

13 out of 16 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 on 1/2/2012 2:21:00 AM More reviews by detroitdollface

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Terrible, in every sense of the word. Biggest waste of cash ever. Product did not blend well, lasted an hour at most, and definitely did not 'aid' any of my under eye circle woes. Super disappointing, will NOT be buying again.

*edit*
I gave this a bad review because it simply was a bad product. It did nothing for my lids, it did nothing for my under eye circles (as it was supposed to because I have blueish discolouration under my eyes) and over all the product was crap. We are all entitled to our opinion, hence why they allow us ALL to review this product. Jeeze, this website is catty.

rated 1 of 5 on 12/17/2011 2:57:00 PM More reviews by takhisis

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

It creases like hell. Yes it covers the darkness on the eye but it creases even two minutes later i put it on.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/4/2011 8:15:00 AM More reviews by geordieprincess

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Undecided...

I'm quite undecided on how I feel about this product... I don't wear eyeshadow every day (laziness rather than preference) but I do like to use a lot of dark shadow to create a smoky eye look when I go out. Like a lot of people, I find that my eyeshadow starts to crease after a few hours so I bought this to use as a pre-shadow primer to help my eyeshadow 'stick' in the hope of preventing or pro-longing the onset of creasing. I do think it helps on this front but the problem for me is getting the eyeshadow on in the first place as the thick creamy texture seems to stop my eyeshadow applying evenly and blending to create a smoky eye is a lot more difficult. I don't know whether I'll buy this again but I probably will keep trying it from time to time in the hope of mastering a technique that works for look I like to create.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 11/19/2011 10:31:00 PM More reviews by 3110hello

When you buy this you think....oh, this will conceal and brighten around my eyes....but it doesn't. I did not find the product to be effective at all. I find Benefit products to be generally inconsistent. Some are good others are just plain lousy. I would place this product in the later category. Really - before buying this go for a bit more and get the By Terry reflecting concealer for under eyes or even the infamous touche eclat. Or, get the Clinique under eye product. Plenty of good ones out there.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/19/2011 12:31:00 PM More reviews by mexicojulie

I use this only as an eyeshadow prep. I still have to cover it with a loose powder, because it doesn't have the best staying power.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/4/2011 2:09:00 PM More reviews by RIX

This has beena staple in my makeup bag for years. I use it every day on my eyelids and apply a little under my eyes. This is then followed by concealer and YSL touche eclat where needed. Excellent coverage and eliminates any mild discolouration. I would not use this as an eye shadow primer but as a yellow toned concealer it is fit for purpose.

rated 2 of 5 on 10/2/2011 10:39:00 PM More reviews by TMK6959

I had read mixed reviews about this, but after seeing amazing before and after pictures I decided to buy this. It doesn't brighten up my eyes at all, and it creases like crazy. The product tends to dry up, so every time I use it I have to rub the product for ages to 'dig' my way to the creamy stuff. I end up wasting a lot of product because of this. The compact would be great... If I could open it. I have to pry it open with a Bobby pin every time I use it. Overall, it doesn't do what benefit claims it will do and isn't worth the price. I won't repurchase. Don't waste your money.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/25/2011 8:01:00 AM More reviews by Vadzy

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

For someone with Indian skin (i've got brown skin not fair but not dark) this colour doesn't work so well for me. I use it as an under-eye concealer because I love the creaminess of it but the colour doesn't suit my skin tone so I have to use it sparingly.
However if it I use it on my eyelids before applying eyeshadow it does make it stay that little bit longer.