BeneFit Cosmetics Lemon Aid

3.2

titanium dioxide(CI77891) Ozokerite, talc, neopenyl glycol dicaprylate, tidecyl trimellite, lanolin oil,PPG-2 myrystyl ether propionate, kaolin, iron oxides, fragrance, butylparaben, citronellol, BHA, hexyl cinnamal, alpha-isomethyl ionone, benzyl benzoate.

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

this should have been called 'eye brightener' because that's all it does. it makes my eye shadow crease! i hope Benefit will re-formulate an eye primer that actually works and worth its high price tag!

Hair: Black, Kinky, Medium

I have this (in the newer packaging) and it has its uses. I dont agree with its advertising as a primer for eyelids as i find it makes my eyeshadow slide everywhere instead of sticking! Anyhow, I do love this for erasing redness on my face (usually on my chin where i normally get blemishes!!). It competely wipes out the red tones which i find helps my confidence! I have had it for about 2-3 years and havnt even hit the pan yet so its lasting forever. This product is not dupe-able! Is it worth the price? Maybe. Its lasgting forever so seems like a good investment!

As i'm reading some of the comments some of them are a little off.......THIS IS A PRIMER, not a concealer. I use this under my eyes to cancel out my dark circles and as a primer on my lid. I dont use this as my everyday primer becuase its so yellow it changes the color of your eyeshadow.....so i think this would be an amazing primer for the people who dont wear a whole lot of makeup and wear like mascara and maybe a nude eyeshadow. If youre just gonna do some errands this is awesome becuase It will brighten up your eye area, but it wouldn't change the color of a nude eyeshadow( like UD's NAKED)...So i say....swipe on some mascara...brush on some powder...pat on some concealer.....put on some lemonade and nude eyeshadow and GO!:)

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Cool

Well, I'm not overly impressed with this. I feel like I get a better result with just a regular stick concealer of any type. It's creamy, so I guess it has some moisturizing properties which is good, but I think it's pretty near useless to be honest. It doesn't work very well as a primer, doesn't work very well as a concealer to conceal redness, doesn't especially help to make my eyeshadow pop. Not a total waste of money exactly but I wouldn't recommend it to anyone, either.

Skin: Normal, Olive, Neutral

I have been using this product for about 3 years. The application does take getting used to. DO NOT over apply, and smooth onto the eyelids "quickly"/ consistently so its even.
SIDENOTE: My Lemon Aid has lasted me about 15months so even though it isn't cheap, a little goes a long way

PROS
- brightens eye
- great coverage
- small container + mirror
- it has never creased for me...

CONS
- packaging is annoying, stuff gets into the product container

I've been using Bare Mineral lid primer for the past 2 weeks and I don't like it. With a liquid-like primer I feel like you don't know if you've applied evenly because you can't see the product on your eyes. I like that with Lemon Aid you can see that product working and a noticeable difference on your eyes

Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure

When you sit down to do your makeup, suggest placing it under your knee/leg - somewhere it will warm up because every makeup products glides better when warm. I don't use this as an eyelid primer (MAC paint pot in Painterly suffices quite well for me), I use this on my discolored eye bag. And only on the eye bag once it has been warmed up! Voila, eye bag is gone.

Then cover it with a cream or liquid concealer and set with transl powder.

Nothing has worked as good as this product has in eliminating my under eye circles. On the days I don't use it, my eye bags are still quite noticeable. This complelety eliminates that 'grey shadow', but only when used correctly.

A Similar product/shade would be Illamasqua's under eye concealer, in the yellow shade. I use both to completely eliminate and brighten my eyes.

The packaging of Lemon Aid is completely annoying though.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I love many Benefit products and that is why I bought this a few yrs ago and not sure why, but I wasn't loving it. It didn't do much to help my undereye problem. I gave it to a friend.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

The color is right to combat dark circles, but it doesn't last and creases terribly. Won't purchase again.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Hmmm...not too sure about this, I just really don't see the point. When I pat this on my eyelids I have to say I do quite like the smoothing, brightening effect, but it doesn't last and creases quite easily even if I use a little primer underneath. Under eyeshadow on the other hand this seems to do nothing whatsoever, it certainly doesn't extend the staying power of my eyeshadows. I suppose it would be best for 'no makeup days' when you want to wear as little as possible and just look a bit brighter and sparkier, but as I said the lasting power is poor and I'm not sure that it brightens any better than a simple nude shadow (which lasts a lot longer). Expensive and a bit of a waste of money, really. I wouldn't buy again.

Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure

looks alright to cover redness when you first put it on.. but ends up getting cakey and creased on the eyelids, and not a great primer if you want to wear eyeshadow on top. i wouldn't recommend it since there are plenty of other concealers that do a better job.

Top Rated BeneFit Cosmetics Products