October 22, 2014 | 1880 users online

Lotions/ Creams - Eucerin - Aquaphor Healing Ointment

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/15/2013 8:07:00 PM More reviews by NYCBeauty99

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I've been battling with pretty severe eczema for months. My dermatologist recommended I try this. It's been pretty effective. You have to use this at night with gloves on. You can't really use this as a lotion, because it's too thick and it will get everywhere. I do find it a bit on the pricey side. I believe it was $18 for the tub.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/9/2013 9:30:00 AM More reviews by nellieter

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Other, Medium Eyes: Blue

Love this stuff. I went through a period where my lips were so painfully dried and cracked that nothing would work to heal them. My dermatologist recommended this and it brought my lips back to life. I have used it every day since, in the morning and before bed, and my lips are always soft. I also use it on dry patches on my skin, and on my cuticles every night before bed (I am a nail and cuticle biter, I am sorry to say), and this can almost completely heal a sore cuticle in one night. I used to be a Vaseline user but I have replaced that with Aquaphor.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/4/2013 4:38:00 AM More reviews by purplescarf6

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

I simply do not understand why it has taken me this long to write a review on this product, for it has been a lifesaver for me. I have Seborrheic Dermatitis on certain areas of my face. I was prescribed prescription medications for it, but those were inconvenient and costly to use at times. In comes Aquaphor. I had been using it as a lip balm for my extremely chapped lips (for which it works wonderfully) and I decided to experiment and use this on my SD. It worked just as good, if not better than the prescription meds I was using. It calms down redness and smooths out the texture of my SD overnight, literally. It will be red, flaky, and irritated when I go to bed and smooth, soft, and with the softest touch of pink in the morning. Incredible. It is very inexpensive, and available at any drugstore. For me, this is one of those products that I know I won't ever really stop using, no matter what new fancy products they come out with. It's a miracle worker, really. If nothing else, this makes a fantastic lip balm, especially applied liberally at night; you'll wake up with silky-soft lips. I'd imagine this could be used for many other purposes but I have not experimented with those yet.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/1/2013 More reviews by Elizabeth82

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Healed the painful cracks that formed beside my thumbnails, turned my snake-like dry hands back to normal and keeps my lips soft and flake free. Plus, because there is no fragrance, I can use this as often as I like without having to worry about rashes or irritation. Love this product, and will continue to buy as long as they make it. HG.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/31/2013 11:49:00 PM More reviews by paizlyrain

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I use this for EVERYTHING!
Carry one in my purse, keep one in my car, in the kitchen drawer, in the bathroom. Use it for lips, dry hands, when the kids get scrapes...
Love it!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/26/2013 7:12:00 PM More reviews by homersmom

Age: 44-55 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I use this on my feet before I put my socks on and it makes my heels super soft. I also use it on my lips before bed - it lasts longer than Vaseline, in my opinion. I think it's expensive but worth it. I actually wish I had more uses for it - I love reading what other people use it for. MakeupAlley is very educational, actually!

5 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 3/26/2013 11:51:00 AM More reviews by kflemlive

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Brown

I use this on my lips, night face moisturizer (to my healing acne)! Never breaks me out, and I have sensitive skin just moisturizes
Wooo-nder-fuuuully!!!!!!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/23/2013 5:11:00 PM More reviews by rkaybee

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I love this stuff! I bought it when I read online that other people used it to heal the horrible disaster that the Neutrogena Pink Grapefruit face wash left behind. All around my mouth chin and part of my cheeks was red, burning, had teeny tiny bumps and was flaking like crazy. I put this stuff on every morning and night and my skin was a LOT better in just two days! I now use it for my lips at night and it's ah-mazing.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/23/2013 1:11:00 AM More reviews by beecky

I've been on accutane once before, and am currently on a second round. I have absolutely no idea how I would survive without this product ! Inside my cracking, painfully dry nose, on my chapped, cracked lips. I also put it on my eyelashes before bed, as strange as that sounds. It helps to keep them strong and healthy, as I curl them and wear waterproof mascara every day. Aquaphor is just phenomenal, works for so many things, and is fairly cheap. You can also use it on your face, on any dry patches s needed, and it will not break you out. It's soothing on any inflamed, dry, irritated, cracked skin. Which I have lots of, being on accutane and all. I wouldn't be able to survive without this !

UPDATE:

I recently started using this on my entire face before bed as well, and WOW. my skin has never looked better. I mix it with my nighttime moisturizer. I was very worried it would break me out or make me oily, but it has done the opposite ! My skin has never been clearer and its so even toned. Yea it feels greasy when you go to bed with it on, but I wake up and it's totally soaked in overnight and my skin is soft, clear, and just amazing looking. Anyone who has very sensitive, dehydrated, dry skin but who gets little breakouts occasionally give this a try !!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/22/2013 5:32:00 PM More reviews by PinkIcing1

I have been using this on my lips at night and it totally healed all my wintertime roughness and dried skin. Amazing! Better than any chapstick out there. I've been putting it on my under eye area and it preps them so well for concealer application the next morning. I'm sure it would be great on hands too but i haven't tried it yet.