Eucerin Original Healing Creme (Soothing Repair Creme)

4.4

Water, petrolatum, mineral oil, ceresin, lanolin alcohol, methylchloroisothiazolinone, methylisothiazolinone.

on 10/20/2009 9:56:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Dark, Not Sure

This moisturizing cream is way too thick for me and I generally like heavy creams. The problem with the Eucerin cream is that it is too solid and not creamy enough. I wish I could just melt it down some, and then it would be perfect. I bought this cream with the intention to use it all over my body, but it takes entirely too long to apply. It does moisturize well, but I would suggest only using it for dry patches of skin and not all over. I found that it is good for dry patches on your face and for your lips. However, I don't think it's worth spending $14 for a drug store moisturizing cream that you're only going to use on small portions of your body. Bottom line, if you are looking for a full body moisturizing cream this isn't it.

on 8/21/2009 9:19:00 AM

Hair: Red, Other, Medium

This is the ONLY thing that takes care of the dry patches on my face. I'm in my early 30's and my skin has changed dramatically over the last couple years in terms of getting very dry. I can finally wear foundation again without the flakes showing through. I was very hesitant to use this on my face, but I haven't had a single breakout. My skin is so soft now. I thought I would never find something that worked, but this quickly changed my mind. It'll be in my bathroom forever!

I couldn't get this to work well for me as a "lotion" I would use it once in a blue moon but it was hard to blend in and pretty greasy until it sunk in BUT it worked very well for me as a moisturizer on my hands and feet in the winter (I work in the healthcare field so I wash my hands a lot). It's like a very thick butter which is why I couldn't really use it as a lotion but I would totally repurchase it again for my hands and feet.

on 7/24/2009 10:47:00 AM

This stuff saved my skin!

After getting sick in December and being on THREE rounds of antibiotics, my skin was dry and cracked around my nose and itchy/flaky everywhere else. Before this, it was very "fussy" and I was in search of a holy grail product. However, I wouldn't have even tried this if I hadn't needed some emergency TLC (I thought it was for little old ladies).

Fast forward to 8 months later: I'm still using it every night and morning. I was hesitant at first as I thought the thick creaminess would break me out but I have had ZERO breakouts since last year. And it's cheap! I can't tell you how much money I've spent in the past on miracle creams that made promises they couldn't keep. This stuff is now my holy grail, and I can save my money for other holy grail pursuits (like makeup!) I can't rave enough about this.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

When my lips got so dry and chapped that NOTHING worked, I got on the MUA boards and asked for help. This was suggested AND IT WORKED!! It worked so well that I bought a few tubes of it to stash in my purse and nightstand drawer. Since the day I begged for help, I have used this amazingly fantastic product on my lips. Best part is, since it has healed my lips, I still use it because it looks great over my lip liner. It is a gloss without being too glossy. I do not worry anymore about kissing my baby girl while wearing a lip product (which I had basically stopped wearing anyway) with this on my lips and contaminating her delicate skin.

on 6/7/2009 5:00:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Curly, Fine

This is a fantastic moisturizer for particularly dry areas of the skin or as an all-over night treatment (be cautious here--Eucerin is very thick!). If applying to large areas, I recommend running a cloth over your skin after application to pick up any excess. It has no discernable scent, making it perfectly compatible with perfumes. This inexpensive panacea is particularly good for lip care, far superior to any lip-specific products I've tried. I keep a small tube of this on hand at all times in lieu of lip balm. Consider trying it--for price and quality, it's very difficult to beat.

*This should be considered a skin protectant, as the principal softener is mineral oil (an ingredient that will remain on top of the skin).

on 6/3/2009 3:45:00 AM

This is HOLY GRAIL!!! Great for cracked dry skin!

on 5/1/2009 7:59:00 PM

This is great for seriously dry skin and eczema patches. In the winter my hands used to get so chapped that they would bleed, but not anymore. If I get any eczema patches, I rub some Eucerin into them, and it helps. Even when I tap it into my face, it doesn't make it break out much (sometimes I'd rather have a bit of breakout than an eczema patch). This works best if you apply it while you are still damp from the shower.

on 4/17/2009 1:00:00 AM

This product saves my face! I get really terrible dry patches (in the summer and winter) and this stuff makes everything smooth and touchable. It is a bit thick for my taste, so I mix it in with my usual face moisturizer. This will definitely stay in my skincare routine forever!

on 4/16/2009 10:10:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Warm

I have eczema therefore my skin hates me. I have switched between this and Cetaphil cream. Cetaphil is good but Eucerin is better . It is very heavy, thick and hard to apply but it's worth it because it works. I highly recommend this to anyone who has chronic dry and sensitive skin.

Quick note: if you mix a little of bit of olive oil with this cream then it spreads more easily.